Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 554 | 555 | 556 | 557 | 558 | 559 | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleinsanemike

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: cronicr]
    #22186350 - 09/04/15 03:17 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

For those of you interested in the medical cotton swabs. Ebay has 200 count for $2.99 and free shipping.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=medical+swabs&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=undefined.TR0.TRC0.Xmedical+swabs&sqp=medical+swabs

Edited by insanemike (09/04/15 03:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: insanemike]
    #22186358 - 09/04/15 03:24 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet deal. Is it an issue that they're not individually wrapped?

Invisibleinsanemike

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: stareatclouds]
    #22186361 - 09/04/15 03:25 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I don't have an answer for that. I don't use them.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: insanemike]
    #22186400 - 09/04/15 04:11 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I would say it's a hindrance.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Invisiblegrainbrain
Tribalistic

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: PussyFart] * 1
    #22186415 - 09/04/15 04:39 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Because nobody can give me any substantial reasons to justify the immensely high price tag....everything I hear is subjective/personal preference....

Larger heating element + larger fan.  There is a performance difference between the Nesco & Excalibur.  I use both.

--------------------
Stop cold shocking your mycelium!
Hot Spawn - Get It On

Invisible2shoes
The anti-agar
Male

Loc: Not in a SAB Flag
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: grainbrain]
    #22186432 - 09/04/15 04:56 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My 600 watt nesco does very well and for under $100 I can have the 1000 watt nesco shipped.

Doesn't seem very practical to buy one Excalibur when you could have 3 nescos.

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: 2shoes]
    #22186441 - 09/04/15 05:09 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

PE on Pasty's recipe. Going to turn them into LI's tomorrow afternoon.

Invisiblegrainbrain
Tribalistic

#22186446 - 09/04/15 05:14 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I'm speaking from actual experience using both.  When my current Nesco dies, it'll get replaced by a second Excalibur.

Invisible2shoes
The anti-agar
Male

Loc: Not in a SAB Flag
    #22186522 - 09/04/15 06:12 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Fair enough... Id recommend for beginners money would be better spent on a flow hood or PC.

My myco gear is all for the most budget equipment. 600 watt nesco, 16qt presto, SAB, blazer mini torch all for $200. can't beat it for an entry level set up.

OfflineDevon420
ShrOoMeRiTe!!
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #22186534 - 09/04/15 06:21 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #22186540 - 09/04/15 06:26 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

grainbrain said:
Quote:

PussyFart said:
Because nobody can give me any substantial reasons to justify the immensely high price tag....everything I hear is subjective/personal preference....

Larger heating element + larger fan.  There is a performance difference between the Nesco & Excalibur.  I use both.

Indeed, goddamn.  I run both too.  The difference between the Nesco and the Excalibur is that the Nesco is a cheaply made piece of Chinese crap that after a short while of consecutive use burns out.  The Excalibur is made in America and lasts a lifetime.  Excalibur will also replace your dehydrator if it burns out.  My Excalibur has out lived at least five Nescos with in the year.  There's still a few Nescos kicking around but once they burn out I am going to get another 9 tray Excalibur to replace the Nescos and never have to buy, or be dishonest to get another dehydrator again.  I don't like having to deal with replacing dehydrators in the middle of a fruit body dehydration run.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: hamloaf]
    #22186720 - 09/04/15 07:51 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

PE x KSSS tiger dropped on some whole oats about 10 minutes ago!

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22186745 - 09/04/15 07:57 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My Salton was like $35. The trays melted after about 2 years of continuous use but the fan and heating element still work fine. I'm sure excaliber are great but for me the 10× price difference isn't worth it. It's the same reason I use multiple 23 qt prestos instead of one AA. They work well enough and are cheep to replace. I'm  not a cheap person but when it comes to my hobby.  I'm not going to break the bank when I don't have too. That's just me though. I realize some people need to have the bigest and the best. I'm content with what works.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: MudaFuka]
    #22186751 - 09/04/15 07:59 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
PE x KSSS tiger dropped on some whole oats about 10 minutes ago!

:thumbup::popcorn:

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #22186974 - 09/04/15 09:06 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
My Salton was like $35. The trays melted after about 2 years of continuous use but the fan and heating element still work fine. I'm sure excaliber are great but for me the 10× price difference isn't worth it. It's the same reason I use multiple 23 qt prestos instead of one AA. They work well enough and are cheep to replace. I'm  not a cheap person but when it comes to my hobby.  I'm not going to break the bank when I don't have too. That's just me though. I realize some people need to have the bigest and the best. I'm content with what works.

Oh man, Prestos are crap.  Used to rock 3 of them.

Wouldn't trade one of my AA's in for all the prestos in the word.  Prestos are loud, have trouble getting past 15 psi's, take for ever compared to the AA top get to temp, run out of water before you can complete a 2 hour sterilization cycle and have rubber gaskets that constantly need replacing.  I do bags so a 2 hour sterilization run at 15 psi isn't going to work for me.  As for the Excalibur, how is a machine that's built to last and that comes with a lifetime warranty not worth the cost though??

I think the major difference between having the best equipment and having what's necessary to get by is going to largely depend on the individual cultivator's production level.  While I can agree some people have to have the best shit as a matter of status quo but I smash cheap equipment constantly, though, like a cheap pair of tennis shoes so I need something tough and that's going to last.  Both All American and Excalibur have proven to be names that I can trust.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineSokamin
Mushroom Enthousiast

Loc: Holland, Shroom City Flag
    #22186975 - 09/04/15 09:07 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Golden Teacher 35 grams. The container had it's share of flushes and so 3 weeks ago I put it outside. A couple of days ago I noticed this little fellow, not large, but still a nice trip.

--------------------
~~ keep growing, keep printing, keep tripping ~~
Grown: | Arg. | Austr. | B+ | BHT| Burma | Cam. | Cam. Gold | Escondido | GM | GT | Keepers Creepers | (T) Koh Samui | Lizard King | Malabar | McKennaii | Mex. Dutch King | Moby Dick | Orissa | Penis Envy | PES H. | Transkei | Treasure Coast | Z-strain | Psi. Mex. A |
Working on: | Brazil | Colum. Rust. | Guadalajara | Syzygy | Vietnam |

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Sokamin]
    #22186983 - 09/04/15 09:10 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

cool!  i love when the caps are opened up, and there are the white snow flakes on top.  KSSS did that a lot for me.

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: blindingleaf]
    #22186992 - 09/04/15 09:12 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

my wild cubes did that

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisibleinsanemike

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Sokamin]
    #22186997 - 09/04/15 09:14 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My rubber gaskets on my presto's last for around a year or so. Yes. They shrink. I just stretch them out right before I put the lid on the pc and they're good to go every time.

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22187048 - 09/04/15 09:33 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

MudaFuka said:

Wouldn't trade one of my AA's in for all the prestos in the word.  Prestos are loud, have trouble getting past 15 psi's, take for ever compared to the AA top get to temp, run out of water before you can complete a 2 hour sterilization cycle and have rubber gaskets that constantly need replacing.  I do bags so a 2 hour sterilization run at 15 psi isn't going to work for me.  As for the Excalibur, how is a machine that's built to last and that comes with a lifetime warranty not worth the cost though??

I think the major difference between having the best equipment and having what's necessary to get by is going to largely depend on the individual cultivator's production level.  While I can agree some people have to have the best shit as a matter of status quo but I smash cheap equipment constantly, though, like a cheap pair of tennis shoes so I need something tough and that's going to last.  Both All American and Excalibur have proven to be names that I can trust.

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

MudaFuka said:

Like I said this is my hobby.  If I were producing on a Comercial scale I would go much bigger than even an excaliber and AA x75. Cheep dehydrator and prestos work fine for me. I can dry 5 pounds of cubs a month no problem. I've never had a hard time running my Presto at more than 15 psi. I generally pc everything at 16-18 psi for 2 to 3 hours. I've never come close to running out of water either.  I only add water every 2nd or 3rd run. All I had to do was tape some change to the top of my weight so it can't vent before 18 psi(The safety plug pops at 20psi). For me to get an AA x75 shipped to Canada would cost me well over a grand. I could get 6 prestos and a second stove for that price. As for the rubber gaskets they are only 10$ and last fore years, even with constant use.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 554 | 555 | 556 | 557 | 558 | 559 | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | Next > | Last >

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck