Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

Loc: Central States
MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll)
    #22185921 - 09/03/15 11:49 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys so I tried MDA a few weeks ago and noticed intense jaw clenching. I chewed gum as recommended by my trip sitter and that was great... until my gum broke apart and floated around my mouth my peak. This made me think it was a section of my tongue and I had to check for blood in the midst of a fun conversation, complete horror on my face. To my relief there was no blood. BUT this terrifying feeling continued for the rest of the night and stopped me from enjoying my trip.

At this point, I feel I should mention I don't normally smoke weed, maybe once in every 6 months and its about 2 hits and Im good. I hit White Widow 10 minutes before my peak and fell deep in to the roll.

so, I just acquired some more MDA and plan to use it this weekend. But I did research on the jaw clenching and found magnesium supplements are a MUST when rolling. Something to do with the magnesium blocking the ion path that MDA would use to create the jaw clenching.

So, now, there are 2 types of OTC magnesium, elemental and citrate. Elemental blocks the ion path, citrate helps with bowel movements.

If anyone is experienced with using magnesium to combat bruxism/ jaw clenching, please please let me know what you use (name, price, what it looks like)

I highly appreciate your recommendations in advance!!
What works best?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/03/15 09:48 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSagescruffy
CH
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: Badaboom]
    #22185957 - 09/04/15 12:02 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

There's also magnesium chloride which can be made into a solution and applied to the skin for transdermal absorption. The solution can also be sprayed onto food. It's just distilled water and the MgCl flakes. If you had to choose between Mg citrate and an elemental Mg supplement then definitely the elemental. Unless you want bowel movements? Idk how old you are...

The Magnesum Chloride is also the most natural approach as the zechstein seabed is where most/all the Mgcl comes from. The downside is you'd probably have to order it online.

--------------------
Love.

Edited by Sagescruffy (09/04/15 12:06 AM)

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: Sagescruffy]
    #22186688 - 09/04/15 07:39 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I did some research on magnesium chloride and found Magnesium Oxide which uses elemental Mag, its in the OTC medication "Nature Made" for $9.99. I'm going to try this brand this weekend and report to here what I noticed with it.

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
    #22186844 - 09/04/15 08:29 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:shrug: just buy hella gum. It's part of rolling

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #22186932 - 09/04/15 08:54 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That's the thing, I want to avoid it all together. It was the gum breaking apart that made me think I was chewing my tongue off haha

OfflineSagescruffy
CH
Male

Loc: PNW
    #22187276 - 09/04/15 10:27 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Magnesium Oxide sucks, save your money. It has poor bioavailability. That's why most of the MgO supplements are like 300mg per pill. Get chelated magnesium if you want to go that route.

You could also try incorporating sweet potatoes into your diet as well. Good source of Mg and a ridiculous source of vitamin A.

--------------------
Love.

Edited by Sagescruffy (09/04/15 10:29 AM)

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: Sagescruffy]
    #22187953 - 09/04/15 12:54 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Try stocking up on Powerade. The Magnesium in it seems to be helping me a good bit when it comes to jaw clenching from Ayahuasca/DMT. It also helps with muscle cramps.

--------------------

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: Sabnock]
    #22190217 - 09/04/15 08:59 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

So I did buy the oxide form, which yesterdays research told me was ideal. todays research says the exact opposite and the same thing about the bio availability. Since I've already made the purchase of Mg Oxide, I've decided to start using it as a body prep since I have 3 days until I meet molly again. I'm taking 1 400mg pill daily for the next 3 days.

I did read a report about a guy taking 250x3 Mg Oxides 30 minutes before his drop and it nullified his MDA experience. So I'm taking them early in the morning and dropping the other tab a little later in the evening so the magnesium has time to bind but begin to fade. I'm hoping this doesn't decrease the experience.

But I'll be the lab rat in the name of science!!

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#22190229 - 09/04/15 09:02 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I heard magnesium oxide barely does anything

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: Sheekle]
    #22190306 - 09/04/15 09:16 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
I heard magnesium oxide barely does anything

I personally noticed effects from oxide.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#22190446 - 09/04/15 09:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Badaboom said:
....I did read a report about a guy taking 250x3 Mg Oxides 30 minutes before his drop and it nullified his MDA experience. ....

That's very hard for me to believe.....There's lots and lots of other variables at play that could have caused that. I really don't think magnesium can do such a thing, dulling down the effects of such a powerful drug.

I don't see what mechanism of action magnesium could potentially have that would dull down the effects of MDA....and if it did, I think this would be something that's well known among psychonauts.

This is not only the first time I've heard of such a thing....but I have taken around the same amounts, slightly more in some cases, of magnesium oxide before taking mdma, or mda, or LSD...and it did absolutely nothing to dull down the experience.

The magnesium I worked with was a blend of magnesium oxide and some other form of magnesium. IIRC they were 300mg each, and I'd take 2 to 4 of them throughout the night. I remember it helping, but no doubt taking a different form of mag will be more effective. And regardless of the form of magnesium, take a little too much and you'll probably get the shits.

Even eating a couple bananas will help with bruxism & tension in the jaw/muscles. I think a person's diet, as well as their disposition, will have as much of an influence on how intensely they experience bruxism as the dosage/drug itself.

Also...doing some slow & thorough and mindful stretching of your jaw muscles while rolling will help alleviate some of the tension. Bruxism and jaw tension from MDMA and MDA was the worst the first few times I took it. I was somewhat oblivious to it happening the first couple times and woke up with such sore jaw muscles the next morning. Now I'm much more mindful of it happening, and while there's certainly tension in the jaw, I don't clench or let my jaw go wild while rolling face any more :grin: .

-OM

--------------------

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

Re: MDA and Bruxism and Elemental Magnesium HAALP (poll) [Re: openmind]
    #22197426 - 09/06/15 02:17 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

This is the third day of taking the oxide form bought from target. I've noticed first and foremost they make me very sleepy, like taking a muscle relaxer. second yes.. the oxide form does indeed help bowel movements haha Im a slim guy with a quick metabolism and regular, if not consistent, visits to the bathroom. Definitely helps what I thought was a perfect system haha. Tomorrow, I highfive molly with my face hole.

I'm excited.

Yay.

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

#22206420 - 09/08/15 09:49 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I avoided the magnesium yesterday until i was on my rise. I was feeling awesome but then my jaw started to shake. I had absolutely no fear of the tongue trip BUT I took half a magnesium oxide pill just to stop the clenching. We had friends in the room and it was good vibes everywhere. My lady friend and I dropped at the same time with orange juice and we were neck and neck on our rise. with in 15 minutes of dropping the magnesium, my trip dwindled.

No tracers. Very mild CEV's. No OEV's. My mood stabilized to a sober mindset 1 hour after dropping but i was still sweating and clenching. she, on the other hand, was all smiles and euphoria like it was last time we went on this adventure. She did not take a magnesium.

We even got some herb 2 hours after dropping in an attempt to bring mine back. Nothing.

Final Conclusion: Never taking magnesium with MDA again.

Edit** I would also like to mention Mental chemical composition and the way drugs effect us. DXM does not make me feel anything. In a previous relationship, we decided to try it. My past partner, that night, got a little buggy and itchy and just needed to move around. I never reached a high on DXM.

Edited by Badaboom (09/08/15 09:57 AM)

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#22206857 - 09/08/15 11:42 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That's really weird, there's absolutely zero reason as to why magnesium - let alone magnesium oxide - would kill a roll/trip.

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflineCokeNasmilee
BONKERZZZZZ
Male

#22206890 - 09/08/15 11:52 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Magnesium glycinate. Mag ox, is more of a stool softener with less of the CNS soothing that you're looking for.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#22207905 - 09/08/15 03:20 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
That's really weird, there's absolutely zero reason as to why magnesium - let alone magnesium oxide - would kill a roll/trip.

:whathesaid:

Not to mention a mere 1/2 of a pill of magnesium oxide, and not to mention within 15 minutes after taking it.....Magnesium oxide has a poor bio-availability, most of it probably didn't even make it into your system before being passed into your bladder and pissed out.

I, and many others, have taken much more magnesium than that on multiple occasions with mdma and mda, and it never dulled down the experience whatsoever. 1/2 of a magnesium pill is not the reason you didn't get as high as your GF and others. Something else is going on there....

How many milligrams did you take?

You said you took some a few weeks ago, you could very well have a lingering "tolerance" .

-OM

--------------------

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

#22210589 - 09/09/15 02:13 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

A lingering tolerance is a possibility, though I find it hard to believe as this was only my second time and it had been 2 weeks since the prior drop. We starved through the day so there was no food in us and took it with OJ to kick it up even more.

Someone said it perfectly earlier, MDA is a strong drug. So I even find it hard to believe anything was able to sway it, and even make it almost go away. I would believe a lingering tolerance if it didn't make me sweat and clench at all, but I still reacted perfectly to those effects.

The only variable between my girlfriend and I was me taking the magnesium.

There is a possibility it was my mentality, but I had 100% faith that all it would do is stop the clenching, and again, it's a powerful drug.

So my ideas are either repressive fear of it ruining the trip, lingering tolerance, or with the way I react oddly to other drugs could effect the way I reacted to the magnesium.

Whatever it is, the clenching it worth more than the effects magnesium caused. Especially at $20 a pop of s isomer sassy cuts (identical batch from the first roll)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#22213586 - 09/09/15 06:03 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Badaboom said:
A lingering tolerance is a possibility, though I find it hard to believe as this was only my second time and it had been 2 weeks since the prior drop. We starved through the day so there was no food in us and took it with OJ to kick it up even more.

What was your dose? How many milligrams did you take the first time, and how much did you take this recent time?

2 weeks isn't a long period of time when it comes to drugs that dump huge amounts of serotonin like mdma and mda. Should be a sufficient amount of time, but for most people it takes longer to return to "baseline". That's not saying you shouldn't feel the effects from the drug within that period of time....I just typically expect a milder effect the 2nd time around if taking mdma or mda twice within a few weeks period of time, unless I take a lot more the second time .

There's no need to starve yourself through the day before eating mdma or mda. Taking it on a relatively empty stomach is a good idea, and I do this too, but going through the day with no food will provide no actual benefit or potentiation to the experience...and I can see the side effects, like bruxism, being more pronounced when the body has had no nourishment the entire day.

I really don't think OJ does much of anything to potentiate the experience, besides it being acidic and possibly helping with absorption of the drug somewhat. I did this years ago when I first got into psychedelics and what not, and never ever noticed it actually potentiate any aspect of any drug....and now that I'm a little less naive in this area I see it as just one of those things that's been passed around by word of mouth without any reasoning or evidence behind it....lots of vitamin C is always good though :yesnod: .

Quote:

Someone said it perfectly earlier, MDA is a strong drug. So I even find it hard to believe anything was able to sway it, and even make it almost go away. I would believe a lingering tolerance if it didn't make me sweat and clench at all, but I still reacted perfectly to those effects.

I was the one that mentioned MDA is a strong drug...it dumps a tremendous amount of serotonin, this is why one usually won't be able to get nearly as high off of it taking it again unless they wait a while, if you don't have a sufficient amount of neurotransmitters to release...you're not going to feel high. It takes a while for the brain/body to replenish neurotransmitters to a baseline level...Some people can dose a few times a month and still get plenty high off of it so as long as they increase their dosage...Others seem to have to wait a month or more before having the "magic" return. Because of this, I personally only touch MDA or MDMA once or three times a year at most. 

What you described...experiencing the clenching and sweating, and a short lived and not a full on high/rolling effect from it really just sounds like tolerance :shrug: . It sounds like your peripheral nervous system was being affected by the drug as usual causing sweating and clenching, but since your neurotransmitters weren't restored and you had tolerance there was no major dump of serotonin going on to catalyze that the actual "high" .

I've heard similar things described by others in regards to LSD tolerance (though tolerance to LSD/psychedelics is different, considering they have different mechanisms of action compared to mda)......When taking a dose of LSD while having tripped sometime in the days before, the effects & stimulation of the peripheral nervous system and body/load & side effects can be more pronounced than the psychedelic effects...I speculate this is because the receptors LSD hits in the brain have been down regulated, but the peripheral nervous system is being tickled by the LSD as usual.

Quote:

Whatever it is, the clenching it worth more than the effects magnesium caused. Especially at $20 a pop of s isomer sassy cuts (identical batch from the first roll)

If you truly believe it was 1/2 a magnesium pill that dulled down  the effects of mda...then don't eat bananas, or nuts, or beans, or bread, or a whole bunch of other foods the days before rolling because they'll put far more magnesium into your body than that 1/2 a pill of magnesium oxide did.

-OM

--------------------

Edited by openmind (09/09/15 06:08 PM)

OfflineBadaboom
Traveler
Male

#22217607 - 09/10/15 04:30 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That is a brilliant write up and makes perfect sense. I thought a few weeks would be long enough for neurotransmitters to 'refuel' but it may not have been.

As to the comment of no magnesium period, it's more so the mental association I have with it now. The mentality that magnesium oxide pills may ruin it. Nothing to do with the vitamin itself. Just simply the "first impression".

I also understand how eating/ not eating and OJ really may not effect it. I used to grow shrooms and take them with the knowledge I have gathered from shroomery a few years back. Citric acid, purging and not eating were part of my routine, but I would always wait a few weeks (3+) between dosing to drop the tolerance and give my body ample time to recreate what the mushrooms released.

I am very inexperienced with synthetics of any kind. I am taking this as a learning experience OM and I want to say thank you for teaching me how it works.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals