Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back
    #22185083 - 09/03/15 09:04 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Which makes no sense, there are zero active large bumps, i had a bad breakout recently of just multiple very small blemishes that look almost rash like, i have no clue why im suddenly breaking out in these rash like breakouts, usually its just a few small whiteheads, but i have keloid scarring on my back as well, 3 on one side and 2 on the other, luckily they are not very big and only look alittle raised but just have a rubbery look to them i do not like.

The doctor had the nerve to say it was severe cystic acne when in reality she was looking at my scars and thought it was active.
I showed it too a different doctor a year ago when it was in a similar condition maybe even worse looking and she said it was not that bad.

when i dont have breakouts the scars dont look bad at all but when i get a little bit of a breakout they make me look like i have severe acne.

i have been looking up treatments for the scars and apparently people get good results from steroid injections if the keloid is small enough, luckily mine are pretty small so it should be more likely to respond, read a lot of reviews saying it completely flatted their scars so i think thats the best option.

i want to know if anyone has taken tetracycline antibiotic.

i told the doctor im terrified to take it because the possible side effect of teeth discoloration and skin discoloration.

my teeth are some of my best features and i do not want to risk ruining them in hopes to clear my acne, but if i dont clear my acne i will risk more scarring. :frown:

i really just want to look beautiful, its making it hard for me to bodybuild and try to heal my skin, everytime i do a leg press day i break out like crazy and get broken blood vessels(bloodspots) showing up on my body that just make me look worse.

this is causing me huge amounts of anxiety and depression, i cant focus on anything except worrying about my back.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My Youtube Psychedelic Channel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: SleepyE]
    #22185840 - 09/03/15 11:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

ask for a different antibiotic like amoxicillin (as long as you aren't allergic to beta lactams) or something like sulfamethoxazole. tetracycline antibiotics aren't your only option.

i'm on my second to last month of Accutane because everything else i tried for over a year didn't work well enough and i didn't want to have to take antibiotics for the rest of my life and have to worry about catching antibiotic resistant bacterial infections in the future (i have history with severe bronchitis and strep and didn't want to have beta lactams off the table for treatment for that).  either way, amoxicillin and sulfamethoxazole will clear up your acne the same as tetracycline will but without the skin and tooth discoloration side effects.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #22185928 - 09/03/15 11:52 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

thank you, i will definitely look into that. :hug:

also, how safe is accutane? i always hear horror stories and people claiming ohh you dont know what kind of damage your doing long term, they say that about the antibiotics.

its hard to do research because its tough to know when sources are just being paranoid or are actually rational.

also, did you suffer from acne scarring i.e icepick, keloid, etc? what was the severity of your acne? if you dont mind sharing of course. :blush:

i read somewhere that some people have "secondary inflammatory response" (i think thats what its called) which is why they scar even with minor acne while people with "primary inflammatory response" can have very severe acne and not scar at all.

so i guess my back has secondary inflammatory response because it leaves raised scars on even some of the most superficial blemishes,

and im guessing my face has primary inflammatory response because i have zero scarring on it, thank God, even when i had pretty nasty pimples in the past.. i get the occasional flare up on my face but it is usually 90-95% clear on good days and the pores look small and beautiful and undamaged

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/03/15 11:55 PM)

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#22185995 - 09/04/15 12:13 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Accutane is hard on the liver and intestines and also causes severe birth defects--women only, obviously, this was a concern for me so there are strict requirements that i have to adhere to like using two forms of birth control at all times and having to take a pregnancy test every time i see my dermatologist.  you also have to do blood work every month before you see your dermatologist for a new script, and you only have a 7 day window from the time you see your dermatologist to pick up your medication before the script expires and not all pharmacies are permitted to carry it; it's a bit of a hassle really. 

it is a harsh medication but it is not a treatment, it is a cure.  most people only need one course, some need two, but the shit WORKS.  my acne was pretty severe but i have very little scarring.  there are links between Accutane and depression, but as someone who is severely bi-polar, for me, i am much happier now that i am not so self-conscious about my skin.  as such, this is a last resort medication and you have to have tried at least three different treatments and have them fail before it will be considered in most cases.  as i said, because i'm a woman of prime childbearing age, it was really difficult for me to be put on it but i am glad that i kept pushing for it.  it makes everything really dry and itchy, but it's fucking worth it, imo, and a good moisturizer and lots of lip balm solves that problem.

so, long story short, Accutane is not something everyone should take, and you should not drink alcohol while taking it (it really ups your triglycerides).  it is a last resort medication, but like i said, it's not a treatment, it's a cure.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22186006 - 09/04/15 12:16 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

id definitely consider going on accutane, i mean it seems a little overkill on the type of acne i have because usually its not terrible, just these few weeks have been weirdbreak hell.

Problem is, i doubt i could afford the treatment(cure), so i might have to just hope antibiotics will do the trick because they are cheap.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/04/15 12:17 AM)

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#22186022 - 09/04/15 12:20 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, Accutane is quite pricey, depending on the brand you get (there are three) it can be up to $1500 a month and you're usually on it for at least 6 months, it'll be 9 for me by the time i'm done, but my insurance covers it.

--------------------

--

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
    #22186030 - 09/04/15 12:23 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Try minocycline

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22186032 - 09/04/15 12:24 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yeah antibiotics are my only options i guess, the doctor gave me some benzoyl peroxide but last time i tried the stuff i didnt see any effect, this brand has another medication ingredient though so who knows,

im gonna go tomorrow to try to get a referral for a dermatologist to set up steroid injections and talk to someone with more expertise. sometimes i feel like walk-in doctors dont know wtf they are talking about a lot of the time.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/04/15 12:25 AM)

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#22186052 - 09/04/15 12:30 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

is it benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin?  you could also try a topical Retin-A (tretinoin) cream, which is sort of like a topical Accutane (isotretinoin).  that what i started with, benzoyl/clinamycin cream in the day and tretinoin cream in the evening but the drying of my skin was way worse than that than it has been with Accutane.

--------------------

--

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22186058 - 09/04/15 12:33 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

i dont think its clindamycin, although il have to check to be sure. Yeah retin-A sounded interesting too, i might ask about that. Like there has to be some other option than drugs that may or maynot fuck me up cosmetically for life like the anti0biotic.s

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #22186230 - 09/04/15 01:42 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit dude, that pic is coming together man.. hella impressed..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: Amanita86]
    #22186626 - 09/04/15 07:20 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thank u! Im glad u like it

@acidic_sloth, woah i woke up this morning and all the small looking rash acne is fading noww my back looks better. Its really weird, those breakouts clear very quickly but when they happen they just make everything look way worse than it is cuz of scarring.

I think topicals will work fine for me, my acne is not aggressive just flare up quick and then goes back to being relatively clear.

Im definitely going to treat my scars, no way im letting those stay on my body

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/04/15 07:39 AM)

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: SleepyE] * 1
    #22186877 - 09/04/15 08:38 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Do nottttttt take antibiotics for acne. I was on tetracycline for a while and now have several health problems. I can't say for sure it was the cause but they're definitely connected. Microbiota play a huge role in modulating immune activity and other vital life processes and disturbing the species diversity through antibiotics affects that process and opens up the gut wall for opportunistic pathogens who's populations are otherwise kept small through competitive exclusion. A shift of predominance towards abnormal strains, particularly gram negative, has been implicated as the major driver of cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, liver disease etc. Many progressive practitioners are starting to consider the microbiome as a vital human organ that deserves extra attention

Not to say antibiotics shouldn't be used in life threatening situations. But the risks warrant serious consideration for cosmetic issues, and if you go for it Id make sure to at least talk to your doc about taking a high quality probiotic as well. Just saying, it was my biggest regret

On that note it didn't do shit for my acne either

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#22188569 - 09/04/15 03:18 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

if that's the case then topicals will probably be totally fine for you.  for me, i had persistent, cystic acne on my face, shoulders, and back and it was painful and fucking terrible.  don't take antibiotics if you don't need to, they totally kill your gut flora and fauna which is bad.

--------------------

--

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#22188804 - 09/04/15 04:12 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Do topicals work long term? My understanding is that the accumulation of bacteria at the site of the cyst is secondary to the initial inflammatory process which makes me think that a probiotic or botanical antiinflammatory such as curcumin might help more than the antibiotic alone. Though I've only briefly skimmed the literature and I'm sure the etiology varies case to case. I'm intrigued though. I have a history of persistent acne and inflammatory disease so it's an interesting association, but unfortunately my other symptoms are too urgent to justify studying acne in depth at the moment

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #22190422 - 09/04/15 09:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yeah im going to give all the topicals a go before i resort to antibiotics.

my breakouts come in waves, it will look horrible one day and then a few days later look amazing.

i just need to break this cycle,

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#22190762 - 09/04/15 10:37 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Do you live near the ocean?

--------------------

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22190773 - 09/04/15 10:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

i live 5 mins close to lake ontario.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/04/15 10:39 PM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#22190829 - 09/04/15 10:57 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, I used to live in Rochester.

I was aiming more for salt water, it may help.  Just a random thought if you had access.  Pool water may help, but probably not as well as salt water.

--------------------

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22191110 - 09/05/15 12:34 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

oh yeah i heard salt water helps too, never tried it though

and on another note, i really need to talk to a real expert on exactly what type of scarring i have.

i watched a dermatologist video and the dude said there is a lot of confusion distinguishing keloids from hypertrophic.

hypertrophic apparently only raises in the area of trauma and doesnt exceed the area of that all that much, but keloids go far beyond it and develop a cauliflower-like appearance.

my scars are just raised in the area of trauma and not very much, as much as a active pimple would be raised. so i think my doctor got that wrong too.. even if it is keloid it has to be the most minor form of it possible. i think its very likely to respond to injections.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/05/15 12:37 AM)

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22191251 - 09/05/15 01:53 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

i want to know if anyone has taken tetracycline antibiotic.

I took a couple courses of doxycycline, which I think is a tetracycline, for Lyme disease.  It's kinda shitty, but I didn't notice any teeth/skin discoloration.  The worst things in my opinion were photosensitivity, nausea, and appetite problems.  I'm not sure if it is given in longer courses for acne, but I think the longest I took in a course was 21 days.  I certainly wouldn't want to take it any longer.  I don't even really see why they would prescribe it unless there is an infection.

I think it's important to keep in mind that many of the drugs used to treat acne have side effects.  I know this sort of advice is pretty useless most of the time, but you should do everything possible in terms of lifestyle before you start taking drugs.  Cut out excess dairy, alcohol, and sugars.  Exercise regularly, and shower everyday.  If you can find a treatment or routine that helps a little bit even, but doesn't have as many side effects, that might be the better choice.  There is not usually an easy fix to these types of problems, but they also often resolve on their own.

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #22191810 - 09/05/15 08:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Woah the benzoyl peroxide is actually working, woke up with a pretty much clear back, it hasent looked this good in a while, yay my hopes are back up, if i showed what i havenow to the same doctor they would probably eat their words on how i have "severe cystic acne" there is like no acne active on my back right now

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineForever Stoned
Stranger
    #22192708 - 09/05/15 01:28 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The problem is your diet. Stop eating sugar, dairy, and carbs/gluten.

Do NOT take antibiotics for acne. I went down that road, and all it got me was epilepsy and a tolerance to antibiotics.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: Forever Stoned]
    #22192788 - 09/05/15 01:45 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Forever Stoned said:

Do NOT take antibiotics for acne. I went down that road, and all it got me was epilepsy and a tolerance to antibiotics.

This is not necessarily true.  Sometimes it is just a genetic/hormonal thing, and there's only so much you can do to change that without heavy-duty drugs.

Also I don't think people become tolerant to anti-biotics as much as overtreatment with a/b causes a/b resistant bacteria like MRSA.

I wouldn't take the "severe" label too seriously unless you feel that way.  That's just a judgement that the doctors are making.  If peroxide works, then stick with that but don't overdo it.  It would be even better as part of a healthy lifestyle and other skin care routines.  Hope things continue to improve :thumbup:

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22193370 - 09/05/15 04:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

i have a high protein/calorie diet due to bodybuilding goals so my body producing more waste is not something i can control. more food = more waste.

but i had bad breakout even before i worked out, although heavy duty training days like leg press make me breakout and get covered in broken blood vessels for some reason. makes everything look flush red

i never thought high intensity weight training would be so rough on my skin.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/05/15 04:10 PM)

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#22193624 - 09/05/15 05:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

Forever Stoned said:

This is not necessarily true.  Sometimes it is just a genetic/hormonal thing, and there's only so much you can do to change that without heavy-duty drugs.

Also I don't think people become tolerant to anti-biotics as much as overtreatment with a/b causes a/b resistant bacteria like MRSA.

I wouldn't take the "severe" label too seriously unless you feel that way.  That's just a judgement that the doctors are making.  If peroxide works, then stick with that but don't overdo it.  It would be even better as part of a healthy lifestyle and other skin care routines.  Hope things continue to improve :thumbup:

Ehhhhh people make the mistake of thinking everything is genes but it's just not true. Many of the gene variants that effect health encode enzymes of variable efficiency. Aside from rare cases of strictly inherited disorders or mutations during development most genes function beautifully in their natural context (hence why they are rampant in the population and not obliterated by selection). The variable health outcomes come from stressing these genes. For example I have two mutated copies of MTHFR which codes for the rate limiting enzyme in the methyl cycle. These genes work at about 40% efficiency compared to the wild type . Without going into too much detail, environmental stress such as oxidation will deplete my glutathione stores, cause reduction of B-12, less association with methyl folate (the product of MTHFR), and ultimately altered methylation status which can effect t-cell function and lead to immune dysfunction (the driver of nearly every chronic illness). For someone with a wild type MTHFR gene this effect would be less dramatic because higher methylfolate levels will compensate somewhat for the loss of b-12. Both genes work just fine in the context of a diet rich in antioxidants, b-12, etc but one is far more susceptible to the rapidly changing environment of modern society.

To my knowledge acne is an inflammatory disorder which as explained above is highly contingent on lifestyle factors. More so than genetic.

Just one example, but the widespread health problems almost always result from issues like this. When people say they're overweight because of genetics it's straight bs 99.9% of the time. They may be more susceptible because of genetics and there may be more burden of responsibility on them, but ultimately environment is the reason for the metabolic dysfunction. The reason genetics are blamed is partly due to a lack of cross-talk in fields of science. Specialists identify genes involved but never get a systemic picture of the cause of inflammatory dysfunction and so they assume the genes are faulty when there are literally hundreds of papers identifying dietary factors and microbial ecology among others as the sources of chronic immune stimulation. The genes are merely the weak points that determine whether one can keep up with continued metabolic stress

Oh and "heavy duty" drugs are rarely the answer. In life threatening cases yes. When the origin of illness has been thoroughly investigated and can't be found, yes. But when you get down to the nitty gritty these drugs are usually absolute insults to homeostasis and are relied on far too heavily for things that are naturally correctable

Edited by JacksonMetaller (09/05/15 05:12 PM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #22193658 - 09/05/15 05:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like semantics i think, "genes dont cause acne just make you more susceptible". the genes are still the issue, if i had less susceptible genes i wouldnt have it, so i think it pretty much is still is a genetic thing, its just no one can really pinpoint what triggers are causing acne in people with more susceptible genes.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22193747 - 09/05/15 05:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah well high intensity weight training is notorious for causing an uptick in testosterone, which I think is known to cause acne when levels are elevated, so I think you might have nailed it there.

Lot of the things they sell to bodybuilders aren't so good for the body.  Even with regular food, eating in excess can be hard on the organs, and when the body is stressed you will have more and more symptoms that result from hormone/enzyme imbalance and weakened immune system.

I think having realistic goals for weight training is important.  If you're not mixing in c/v endurance exercise you are going to over-stress your body at some point, and I've heard that endurance exercise releases important chemicals that regulate things like hormones.  Honestly I think that results in better, more useful muscles too.

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22193799 - 09/05/15 05:47 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

interesting, i will definitely take that into consideration.

and yeah i was wondering about the weight training. its probably making my testosterone levels spike like a mother fucker and my hormones go out of wack.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/05/15 05:49 PM)

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#22193905 - 09/05/15 06:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

No it's not semantics. Saying genes "cause it" is like saying your genetics make you powerless. Besides if you weren't susceptible to acne you'd most likely be susceptible to another inflammatory disorder like atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's, autoimmune disease, cancer etc feeding off the same underlying cause. So in many cases correcting the genes that contribute to acne doesn't eliminate the overall inflammatory damage. And the ones that do offer some broad protection like wild type MTHFR are surprisingly lacking in the population. Something like 60% of the population has at least one variant of MTHFR which is a testament to the fact that it's not a genetic defect so much as a small part of the population is lucky to possess some extra resilience to their poor lifestyle choices

and as I said many inflammatory disease initiators have been identified. One of the worst in my opinion is LPS which is derived from bacterial cell walls and can infiltrate the GALT and ultimately enter circulation when there are bacterial imbalances in the gut (caused by antibiotic use, proton pump inhibitors, digestive enzyme inhibitors, excess caloric intake, etc). A little known fact is that your "cholesterol" is actually a direct marker of LPS circulation and is part of the innate immune response to infection. So high cholesterol almost always means gut dysbiosis and how many people do you know with high cholesterol? Beyond LPS you have things like excessive omega-6 intake, poor omega-3 intake, and cereal grain lectins like gluten, phytohaemagglutinin, WGA, and zein which utilize various pathways to disrupt intestinal barrier function and assist the translocation of antigenic materials into the GALT. It is surely a complex issue but it has been largely characterized in the literature despite the fact that many medical professionals are entirely unaware.

If you want to blame genes and beg for drugs so be it... But if you have susceptible genes a lot of these drugs might cause you more damage down the road. In my reading the diet most compatible with our physiology from the perspective of immune regulation is the "paleo" diet but there is still some controversy in various details of it and though it may prevent gut dysbiosis and LPS build up it won't necessarily correct the issue (my current problem actually with my own health). But if you care enough that's a good starting place

Look I'm just trying to help. my health is shit and I've done nothing but read scientific articles day in and out for months on the issue. You can choose what to make of it, I just wish I would have known this from the beginning and saved myself months of pain with Drs just scratching their head

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22193921 - 09/05/15 06:23 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

i appreciate your opinion, antibiotics are a last resort in my eyes, looking at my skin atm i dont need it at all, i might be able to keep it clear enough with just benzoyl peroxide and keeping myself clean especially right after workouts/ changing sheets often. ive just been very on the ball with my hygiene and it seems to make a difference.

with acne it seems you need almost perfect hygiene.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/05/15 06:24 PM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22193952 - 09/05/15 06:33 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

ive tried omega 3 supplements, the fish oil ones from whole foods market, didnt really make much of a difference though, perhaps my omega 6 spectrums were still too high and overshadowing it. Im not sure if mine is caused by excessive inflammatory omega 6

also tried vitamin d, wondering if i wasnt getting enough but that didnt really change anything

im taking a b complex now that might help with my bodies wound healing to help prevent scars but this is just a wild guess for me that it works like that i have no clue.

and i cant cut out gluten and diary, i limit my dairy to a bit of cheese, a whey protein bar, and the ocational diary containing food to pass me by, i dont drink milk though.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/05/15 06:37 PM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22197098 - 09/06/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

omg my back looks clearer than it has in a long time, i really want it to stay this way, i think its the benzoyl peroxide thats doing it, amazing! i hope it stays clear

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22197132 - 09/06/15 12:55 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Well I would just say don't overdo it.  Consult a doctor when you next get a chance and ask about any potential problems you might have from using that in the long term.

Awesome it is improving tho :thumbup:

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22197243 - 09/06/15 01:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

i notice a bit of peeling skin on the left side of my back, but id rather have that than acne thats for sure, yeah i heard benzoyl peroxide is carcinogenic. i hope its not that bad though

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/06/15 01:22 PM)

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#22197555 - 09/06/15 02:48 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah unfortunately it's usually not just the result of only one factor and it's hard to correct with supplements especially if bacterial overgrowth is a factor too (though I'm currently experimenting with berberine and probiotics for that). Also refined PUFAs like omega-3 supplements are prone to oxidation and there has been some recent debate on the quality of most of them. Better to get from fish or grass fed beef when you can. Of course this isn't always feasible for lifestyle/monetary reasons. I get that. But it's good stuff to keep in mind if you start noticing trends between certain common offenders and the incidence of breakout

Best of luck man. I know how frustrating acne can be

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22198105 - 09/06/15 04:25 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

thanks dude, aprpeciate the information, i love talking about this stuff, i guess having acne does benefit some people in that it makes them an expert in it aha.

and woah i went to shoppers drug mart to get a refill of the benzoyl peroxide the doctor gave me and apparently its prescription only and cost 120$. fuck that, im gonna have to get health insurance, never needed it before but times change i guess.

it has Adapalene in it which the otc dont have, i hope thats not the ingredient i need to stay clear.

that shit was like magic.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22200548 - 09/07/15 03:36 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

skin update!

looking amazing! i dont think i have ever seen it this clear, its making me so happy i really want it to stay like this, i seriously hope its the benzoyl peroxide i need not the adapalene fingers cross,

im in love with my skin right now

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/07/15 03:37 AM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22205807 - 09/08/15 05:58 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Im pretty sure the benzoyl peroxide is working, no new pimples, color is looking great, guys im so happy right now, i saved my upper back. Now i just have to maintain the clearness

i feel so sorry and sad for some people who are unlucky and get it pretty bad and have aggressive scarring. it makes me unhappy that some people have to go through that, i wish there was a fix for those people, i wish people didnt have to scar like that, just having the fear of that is awful enough.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/08/15 06:15 AM)

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22207150 - 09/08/15 01:00 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think it is as big of a deal cosmetically as some people make it out to be, but I imagine it is pretty unpleasant.  I'm glad you found a solution, but chances are it will be something you will have to keep an eye on.  Definitely visit a good dermatologist at some point to make sure what you're doing is the best long-term solution.  I hate to contradict doctors, but I would definitely be wary of anyone who wants to give you anti-biotics for acne :undecided: that definitely seems like overkill.

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22209060 - 09/08/15 07:48 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yeah its responding so well to the benzoyl peroxide i doubt il need it,

also i have a bit of a rash on the upper back near the neck but id much perfer that than acne.

i love going to the gym now and not having to worry about aggravating my skin

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22221080 - 09/11/15 09:46 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

seems benzoyl peroxide is my solution, its literally like fucking magic to my skin, i skipped applying in yesterday and only did it at night and i woke up and the rash i had from it is gone too :smile: was just using too much too fast didnt give my skin time to build a tolerance.

but it clears me like crazy, apparently its because it kills the bacteria AND kills the oil so it acts like accutane almost, people peel and shit from the lack of oil. and oil production is my issue it seems.

my back is like almost clear, just some hyperpigmentations and odd blemishes that will all go away shortly. looks great..

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/11/15 09:53 AM)

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#22222706 - 09/11/15 03:52 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

it may be that you only need it once a day.  if so, all the better.  that shit will bleach out your pillowcases, sheets, towels, anything with color.

--------------------

--

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22237418 - 09/14/15 04:18 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

back is almost 100% clear, this stuff is incredible.

I can see the extent of scarring now and its really not bad, i mistook some active pimples as scars so im glad i was wrong about that.

When it looks this healthy i feel lazy about having the scars treated because if i have no acne it really doesnt bother me because its not that noticable.

the right side of my back near the back of the neck gets red and itchy when i work out but its clear in the morning and when its not stressed like once the workout is over, obviously a side effect of benzoyl peroxide, hopefully its not big deal of a side effect but i should ask the doctor if its okay for my skin to be irritated slightly by the medicine.

im just hoping my skin will just adjust to it because it seems like its really trying to,

but i much much much prefer a bit of temporary red skin to acne.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/14/15 04:20 PM)

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#22237826 - 09/14/15 05:52 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

if it gets too irritated, limit your usage to once a day instead of twice (if you're even using it twice).  benzoyl peroxide is caustic and can cause chemical burns if applied too heavily and too regularly.  i'm personally extremely sensitive to the stuff and got severe redness, irritation, and skin peeling that was very painful and had to stop using it.  i would suggest using it at night (and sleeping in a shirt you don't care about being bleached out) and then apply moisturizer during the day and after your workouts.  Cetaphil makes a great one for eczema that has been a lifesaver for me and it's really gentle (haven't had any allergic reactions which i do with most things like that).  should help with the redness and the peeling/flaking skin if you've got that going on.  if you're using the benzoyl peroxide during the day, be really careful about sun exposure to the area you have it applied, it can make redness and irritation much, much worse.

--------------------

--

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22238790 - 09/14/15 09:40 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the tip, i was praying that im not too sensitive to it, but if the redness isnt always there then i dont think i have a problem,.

just came back from a heavy squat day and it hasent aggravated it so thats good.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/14/15 09:40 PM)

InvisibleMegatron
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22252957 - 09/17/15 07:37 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

There are some other natural alternatives you might be interested in checking out. I have only had mild acne but organic apple cider vinegar taken both internally and externally has been incredibly helpful and has other health benefits when taken internally.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/cystic_acne.html

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: Megatron]
    #22267810 - 09/21/15 12:49 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I grew another large raised scar on my back :frown: why me. The acne is gone but i get on or two large bumps that just suck at healing.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22267847 - 09/21/15 01:13 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm :strokebeard: is it possible that what you are using causes dryness which makes some pores more blocked maybe? 

You should probably see a good dermatologist.  You'd be amazed at how knowledgeable some of them are at this stuff, and they could definitely give you much better advice than us.

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22267857 - 09/21/15 01:25 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

the accne is gone, there is actually only one active bump that i think is scarring, its 50/50
the benzoyl peroxide took away the majority of it, but il still get one or two here and there, nothing like before, but the one or two i get are pretty big, not huge but enough to leave a scar.

im not 100% sure its a scar but it looks like its struggling to heal properly.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/21/15 01:25 AM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22267868 - 09/21/15 01:36 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

im just going to go to the doctor tomorrow and set up some steroid injections.

this zit seems like horrible luck, pretty much the only one i have and its scarring. il be optimistic and hope it will flatten out once it heals, maybe im jumping to gun to early calling it a scar

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22267899 - 09/21/15 02:12 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Well don't stress over it too much, which I know is probably easier said than done :grin: but that will make it worse.

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22268316 - 09/21/15 07:50 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thx, looking at the mark today it actually doesnt look like a scar, i think it will fade, its just an active bump.

Its literally the only acne spot i have on my back so the benzoyl is working beautifully but sometimes il have a blemish that falls thru the cracks

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22273511 - 09/22/15 10:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

so my back is 100% clear of any active acne, that last scar is still there, i guess it was a shitty parting gift, at least its a minor raised scar, half the size of my other scars so its not terribly noticeable, but im definitely getting these injected and hope i can get a treatment to get the color of the scar more like the color of my skin so its even less noticeable.

other than that my back looks extremely healthy so im happy about that.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/22/15 10:58 AM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22278739 - 09/23/15 01:01 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Good news looks like there a ring of dead skin around the new scar, looks like its still an active bump, thats why it looked different and even smaller, looks like it still has a chance to heal right. Still looks great overall

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22282887 - 09/24/15 09:41 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Update. Stil looks good, and the scar isnt a scar! Its going away sweet!

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22294568 - 09/26/15 04:51 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

came back from the doctor and got a referral to a dermatologist. It will take about a month though

the new doctor said benzoyl peroxide is only meant for spot treatment so i should cut down on the area that i medicate. he said the only treatment for back acne is antibiotics and accutane but he said accutane is very unnecessary for my situation cuz apparently my acne is only category 1 he says so topicals and antibiotics are the only thing recommended.

2 small blemishes grew on my left side because i stopped using the benzoyl peroxide for a day and a half because i had a layer of dead skin which looked like dirt almost plus a bit of hyperpigmentation that i wanted to fade but the doc said that will go away. it doesnt really bother me though,

i put on some benzoyl in the new area which had the 2 small blemishes grow.

he said there are no topical antibiotics for acne which i didnt quite buy.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/26/15 05:46 PM)

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

Loc: Your mums house!
    #22294853 - 09/26/15 05:55 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I couldn't read through all three pages but wanted to chime in. I have suffered with this shit since I started puberty 28 years ago. It sucks, started on my

chest and moved to my back. My chest looks like I w was shot several times with a shot gun, luckily I am hairy so I don't worry about the scars. My back, just

my upper back though is just as bad if not worse now. Now that I'm in my 30's it's not as bad but due to my dirty job it always seems to have break outs.

I've tried everything under the sun as far as meds go, just haven't done the acutane. I would not suggest going that route either just for the health

reasons. The only thing I have found that helps is using a very light soap and thats it. Like a baby soap, and when I wash my face I wash onto my neck

with face wash.

The worst thing about all the meds even if you do get some relief is that you grow an immunity to them. Almost all the meds listed that I saw on the first

2 pages I can no longer take because they just don't work. When I get sick it sucks because I now have to take the latest and greatest antibiotic which I

am sure I will be immune to by the time I am 40. I think that diet and washing are the 2 biggest things that will help you in this situation, oh

and finding a wife that is fascinated by it helps too! My old lady loves to dissect me (gross but hey that's love).  Good luck and I feel your pain, it

is a horrible thing to have. Even when there is not out break there are always scars. I've kind of gotten over it but not really, I will always be

self conscience of it. Good luck!!

--------------------
Just remember keep the camera rolling and
FILM THE POLICE!!! CLICK ME

WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON? CLICK ME TOO!

Let it go and you will trip into wonderland!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Doctor said i have severe cystic acne on my upper back [Re: TrippieHunter]
    #22294998 - 09/26/15 06:32 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

luckily my scarring is very minor and cosmetically it doesnt bother me much but i will try to treat it anyways just in case i get more scars, hopefully i wont if i keep it under control.

i hate that people have to suffer from this terrible disease, definitely have a lot of sympathy for those affected by it.

you are very lucky, one big fear i have is my acne getting worse and being scarred to a degree that no-one will love me, but thats physically impossible since my acne and areas prone to scarring is mostly on my upper back. so i will never be ruined by them as long as i take care of myself. Plus i work out like crazy to make up for any imperfections in my skin, im lucky my face is clear :smile:

its weird, my skin will not scar for a long time and then out of nowhere scars,

but my acne is definitely under control now, its never been that severe its just i am prone to scarring on my upper back. my acne responds to mild treatment so its definitely not a medical emergency anymore.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Edited by SleepyE (09/26/15 06:53 PM)

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

#22295474 - 09/26/15 07:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah man it is horrible, I get it on my inner thighs too. I hate to get touched on my upper back whenever I have a cyst, it is completely nerve racking.

There is a huge mental part to have acne in any sort and it can be completely crippling to some. Hell even on the physical side it can be debilitating.

I have had a cyst so large on my inner thigh that I could not walk let alone climb a ladder. Oh yeah have a heard of a pilonidal cyst? That's a fun one

that grows from your tailbone in your butt crack, had that one too. That was a surgery and a month off of work, no sleep can't sit right. Damn thing still comes back every 3-6 months. Sucks just sucks, I

feel for ya guys and especially gals out there suffering from this. God I can't imagine being a female with this shit. But since 90% of mine are caused by

in grown hairs most females would never deal with something like this.

--------------------

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22295541 - 09/26/15 07:54 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:hug: i hope you find a way to ease your suffering.
I hope everyone does including me. my future of acne treatment success looks great so im optimistic, with a dermatologists supervision i should be able to do some good work to reverse the minor damage, i have 5 raised scars on my upper back, luckily they are quite small so it should respond well to injections to breakdown the extra collagen and flatten them. even if they become atrophic and sunken in id perfer that more then a slight bump which is a possibility in this treatment, although they try to avoid it.

have you ever thought of just using accutane? and have you thought about treatment to reduce the scarring, it is an option you know :smile:

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

#22296195 - 09/26/15 10:00 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've thought long and hard about using acutane and the consensus was that it was just not worth the risk. I'm in my thirty's now, I work construction and

I have no desire to run around with my shirt off. So all in all I can deal with it now. The scars suck but it is what it is I'm no supermodel, it's more fitting to

my character to have them than not. Best of luck to you my friend, my thoughts and vibes are with you.

--------------------

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22312951 - 09/30/15 08:35 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

wow its been three days or so now since i havent used the benzoyl peroxide and i havent had even one pimple!

its like my skin gave up on breaking out because il just neutralize it with the benzoyl right away. amazing.

my face and back is clear with zero products.

it might have something to do with my diet tho, i have been eating a lot of vitamin C like clementines and keeping my skin very clean and im 100% clear amazing.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

#22332215 - 10/04/15 11:09 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Thats awesome to hear! I hope that it keeps up for you. Where did you get this?

--------------------

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22332288 - 10/04/15 11:30 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

the benzoyl i get is at shopper drug mart.

i had an oxy brand that i tried when i was much younger with no results, and i compared the two and the oxy stuff i dont think is even benzoyl peroxide, doesnt smell like it or react the same as the new brands ive tried that work wonders.

ive been doing spot treatments every other day or so on areas that i think might have blemishes growing and it kills it like the next day.

i think since its getting colder outside the humidity isnt contributing and i think my acne only gets worse when there is more of it, if i have no blemishes its hard for my acne to spread.

right now im like 100% clear.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

#22332375 - 10/04/15 11:55 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

after my shower i just found 2 small blemishes in the lower area of my upper back where the benzoyl doesnt quite reach so i quickly treated the area just now with benzoyl.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates