Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Itchycoo Park
    #2217428 - 01/03/04 08:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Does anybody here know WTF those words mean?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2217506 - 01/03/04 10:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Not a clue?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: Ripple]
    #2217527 - 01/03/04 10:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The secret will be revealed.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2217562 - 01/03/04 11:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's in Tennessee.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2217581 - 01/03/04 11:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

^^^^ important clue.

--------------------

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
    #2217582 - 01/03/04 11:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2217586 - 01/03/04 11:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

(If you reach on high - do it. If you reach on high) [x2]
(If you reach)

Over bridge of sighs,
to rest my eyes in shades of green
under dreaming spires
to Itchycoo Park. That's where I've been.
(What did you do there?)
I got high...
(What did you feel there?)
Well, I cried...
(But why the tears then?)
Tell you why...

It's all too beautiful! [x4]

I'll tell you what I'll do.
(What will you do?)
I'd like to go there now with you,
you can miss out school.
(Won't that be cool?)
Why go to hear the words of fools?
(What did you do there?)
I got high...
(What did you touch there?)
I touched the sky...
I'll tell you why...

It's all too beautiful! [x4]

(Beaty) [x10]

(Beatiful) [x3]
(-ful yeah)

I feel inclined to blow my mind,
get hung up, feed the ducks with a bun.
They all come out to groove about
be nice and have fun in the sun.

(Beatiful) [x3]
(-ful)

(What did you do there?)
I got high...
(What did you touch there?)
I touched the sky...
Tell you why...

(It's all too beautiful!) [x4]

It's all so beautiful. (It's all too beautiful!) [x4]

(so beautiful) Beautiful. [x4]

Yeah heah. [x3]

(It's all too beautiful!)
It's so beautiful, yeah.
It's beautiful.
Beautiful, yeah.

Beaty all around me.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
    #2217588 - 01/03/04 11:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Clicky

This might help  :smile2:

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #2218053 - 01/04/04 06:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Itchycoo Park is in East London. It was/is a hangout for young lovers to get down and dirty. Its also a name that each and every Modernistic boy and girl will be familiar with and will sing with Cockney relish. It was/is reputed to have been covered in stinging nettles which would curtail the youngsters passion. Hence the term 'Itchycoo Park'.
The phrase was immortilised by Steve Marriot/The Small Faces in 1968 in their classic British Phycedelic smash hit of the same name.
Steve Marriot/The Small Faces got a number of scores against mainstream society in this manner. Releasing such tunes as, 'Here come the Nice!'. A barely hidden reference to his dealer and joy of Amptheimine. The substance that fueled the Mod movement in the early mid Sixties in Swinging London. When Steve Marriot sings, "He'll bring you up, and show you around, he's always there when your feet hit the ground!".And, "He's always there when I need some speed!",you know what he's talking about. I find it hard to believe that the obviousness was missed by the public when in I'd say the same time space The Doors where asked to change a few words in 'Light my fire', for the I think Ed Sullivan show. 'Nice', in itself was a catch phrase for Hipsters of this time. It refered to a 'Nice', lift of drugs or could be used to desribe a Scene/party/happening.
The Small Faces were renowned for their party attitude to life and music and I highly recommend anyone with a taste in music/style/taste and decency to check out a few sites to read about them. Then of course rush out and buy the music. You wont be disapointed.

ps. I'm well pleased someone else on this board has heard/listens to The Small Faces!

Nice!

http://www.wappingwharf.com/issue5.htm

The above is a link to one of the better Small Faces sites around at the moment. In regards it has authorised content from remaining members.
Enjoy!

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Edited by SummerBreeze (01/04/04 07:05 AM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2218063 - 01/04/04 07:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ogden's Nut gone Flake was a classic, after Marriot left and rod stewart and Ron Wood joined it was all down hill imo, with the exception of the very first one in 1970 entitled First Step..if anyone's wondering what happened to Marriot, tragically he died in a house fire in the early 90's :frown:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #2218067 - 01/04/04 07:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ah, another fan? The Small Faces reformed in 1978 to produce a further two albums. Namely, '78 in the shade' and, 'Childs Play'. Both, although in no way containing the same verve and drive of Small Faces mark one, did hold a number of good tunes. 'high and Happy', to name one wherein Steve invites us to, "Out run the Constable and do another line!". But it was a pale immation of the origional fire.
On the other hand though we were given the joy of Humble Pie. Steve Marriots second band. Yes,yes ok Peter Bloody Frampton was there as well but Steve played his guitar and sang with a fever on any number of tracks and its easy to lose Mr Frampton in the back ground. They done a lot of standards playing tunes like 'I dont need no doctor', and Dr. Johns, 'Glided Splinters'. But he also came out with classics like, 'Four Day Creep', and 'Bang'.

Check it out. A good place to start would be the'Smokin'' album.

I was at a Scooter Rally in the South of Ireland when we got the news that Steve Marriot had died. Two hundred people gave a minutes silence and we danced to The Small Faces for the rest of the night in respect for a Hipster lost.

"Must'nt grumble!".

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#2218075 - 01/04/04 07:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i used to have Safe as Yesterday, Rockin' the Filmore(when i first heard "I don't need no doctor i actually thought it was The Who for some strange reason lol)as well as a somewhat more commercial and subdued Shine On....i saw Frampton's camel open for Edgar winter and 10 years after in fall of 1972. You probably already know this but Marriot and Frampton had just started rehearsing together when Marriot died....

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #2218218 - 01/04/04 10:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I was just on that road a few days ago! That is were Bonnaroo is held.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

#2218228 - 01/04/04 10:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It would have been interesting to hear what would have came out of that. The album with Marriot and Ronny Lane, 'The Mighty Midgets', worked well. It deserves the respect of an un-sung hero status.
'Rocking the Filmore', is a great recording. It captures the atmosphere pretty well. 'Humble Pie at the Whisky', is also a nice choice. With a 20 minute or so version of 'Gilded Splinters'. Not forgetting a fantasticly re-worked, 'For your Love'.
I try to collect whatever music I can find from Steve Marriot and its amazing where his vocals and guitar backing turn up.
Billy Nicholas, The Easy-Beats, Jeff Beck, The Who, P.P.Arnold. The list goes on and on.
The latest I've heard is a recording with Steve Marriot, Ronnie Lane and Ian McLagan playing with, Jonny Halliday. A mad French guy. Very famous apparently. Jonny Halliday provides the vocals but the backing is pure Small Faces. Strains of, 'That Man', and the sounds of what was meant to have been the S/F's last album after 'Autumn Stone'.
Rumour has it the complete tapes are out there somewhere waiting to be re-worked and released.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#2218487 - 01/04/04 01:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Man you certainly know your British pop/rock from the L8 60's/early 70's. i was into all that stuff, Jeff Beck, savoy brown, the original fleetwood mac with peter green etc, i was wondering if you knew who did that weird little quivering vocal during the intro of "Afterglow", it sounds a LOT to me like Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2218735 - 01/04/04 03:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Did somebody mention Bryan Ferry?

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Itchycoo Park [Re: OldSpice]
    #2222717 - 01/06/04 09:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Brian Ferry!?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
My Mother went to see him a few years back and said, I quote, "He's an awful nice wee man!".
Hm, I had typed quite a long post here last night but it would appear not to have stuck. Anyway. As for the start of 'Afterglow'. It would have been either Marriot or Lane as the rest of the band never really helped out for backing vocals. The exception being the end of, I think, 'Happy Boys Happy', of the Small Faces, 'Small Faces' album. Its not singing as such. After Ronnie Lane sings his, what must be a music hall comedy classic, the rest of the band can be heard to heckle. Just messing around, "Go on Ronnie, my son!", and the like. To this Ronnie Lane replies, "Get up here and do better!". Classic! One of the best outro's to a tune as you could wish for in my ears. I cant believe that was 1969 but its what it was. Dose'nt sound dated at all.
Last nights post was full of useless facts and figures which I cant find the time to repeat here.
What it boiled down to though was that for me it goes beyond mere musical respect. Past clothing styles. Past the hair cuts and Mod attitude. For me The Small Faces just epitomised(sp) all that was/is cool about good taste and(lack of)decency.
Compared to most of the Rock Stars(sic) today they leave a blazing trail through the ballast and shine for the legends that they were and in at least two cases still are. I went to see Ian Mclagan playing a few years back and I'm not emmbarrased to say that I shed a tear when he sang a cut down version of 'Tin Soilder'.

*Sniff* I'm away to play some loud Steve Marriot right this second!

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#2222741 - 01/06/04 10:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Jah mon, Freak be hearin' ya, i always liked the Small faces with Marriot, the only other band i can think of from that era that seemed like just a bunch of the lads you might run into down at the pub would be Mott the Hoople, who i really liked as well til Bowie got his hands on them production wise on all the young dudes. One wag in melody maker captured the net result best: "No matter HOW fucking loud you turn up the volume you still can't get any SOUND out of the it" or words to that effect  :lol:

--------------------

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

#2222847 - 01/06/04 10:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ahh, David Bowie. Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, why did you try so hard?
Real early DB when he was under the moniker of 'Davy Jones', is a pleasure to listen to though. 'London Boys', 1964 I think is a tale of a young guy moving from the suburbs to inner city London mid 60ts. His story of pill taking, hanging with the 'In Crowd', and dancing the night away. That and the terrible pill comedown, maybe used as an analogy for the 'Swinging London', phase?.
'I cant help Thinking About Me!', is another great track. His vocals were superb at that stage matched only in size by his huge back-combed boffant(sp) hair style!

But then came the 70ts and DB embraced not only lycra clothing but producing other artists. The 80ts? I wont even step there. Some of the later stuff he was experimenting with in the 90ts was.....interesting......not really what I'd listen to myself but I can hear the attraction.
And face it, I've got to, he has been consistantly 'popular' since the early 60ts. Always somewhere on the fringes of the music scene waiting to strike!

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Loc: The Shroomery... retard
    #2223141 - 01/06/04 12:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Itchycoo park? I dunno, but it sounds like a place where people get a alot of venereal diseases :rolleyes:

--------------------
What'd I tell you about looking at my signature bitch!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom