Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Depressions and Drugs
    #2216532 - 01/03/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First of all, "hello" after half a year of not posting anything here.
I tried being abstinent from Tryptamines , and so I chose to take a break completetly (enclining the shroomery).
I had friends over from Germany, and one of them smokes 2grams of hash in a bong per day. It doesnt really stone him badly , and he always participates in debates as lively as everyone else. He told me , that I had to desperately find him something to smoke, cause he was beginning to feel uneasy and anxious! (I have stopped to smoke-up a lot and so barely ever have a stash)
I phoned him today, and talked about it. He says its cause of private problems, which creep up on him in his dreams. Not smoking up can make him depressive or aggressive. I suppose this is cause of a low serotonin level or something similar. (Cause of dietary problems he isnt allowed to consume serotonin-containing products)
He says smokingup could have something to do with it, and he has also decided to do a rehab. (But of course he still doesnt know when... :frown: )
Ive had depressions myself, when I just didnt know why. BUt I was just upset with life and myself in general. It isnt gone, but somehow not as elaborate as it used to be. (Psychotherapeut didnt help)
My question now is, if anyone has infos on cannabis smokers or tryptamine users having greater chances of being depressive. I see a lot of people here in the shroomery having depressions, but I have no other referance.
The problem is, that rationally speaking Im a "made man". Im certainly gonna pass my exams to finish school in 2 months, Ive got a girlfriend, with which I like being together, my parents are mostly alright, I have basically no things to take care of, and a not poor or ill. So why the fuck am I depressed?!
(If you notice the topic has changed a bit , but basically you can only answer my first question about drug-users.)
Thanks in advance!
        Jazz

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Depressions and Drugs [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #2216549 - 01/03/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You obviously have some very major problems.

hehehe - i'm just kidding.

For you friend who does all the bongloads; maybe the bongloads are actually the cause of his madness? If i smoked 2 grams of hashish everyday i would be too stoned to even realize what it was doing to me.

For you, maybe you're just bored and it's making you sad. Or maybe you're not eating healthy, or maybe you should start exercising routinely every day. Exercise alleviates depression to a good extent.

Good luck.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #2216838 - 01/03/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cannabis in my experience can cause depression with chronic or habitual use. I have only smoked 3-4 times in the last month and I feel much better then I did before when smoking 5-7 times a day. Also I get out more and get excersize at the gym routinely which seems to help also. About the psychedelics I suppose that they can cause depression if used habitually also but I have never really had any problem with that and anyone who would use such substances that frequently to get problems probably already has problems to begin with.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2217886 - 01/04/04 05:38 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Did he say anything else about the problem related to his dreams?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Depressions and Drugs [Re: enotake2]
    #2217991 - 01/04/04 07:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

@enotake2: Well, its a complicated problem concerning him only being together with his "best" mate , cause he is in love with his girlfriend. He says he hasnt talked to him properly for 1 Year, and would like to tell him that he thinks of him as an asshole.

@Quantum Meltdown/GGreatOne234: You think he should do sports? Yeah, I have stopped due to a knee injury, but I was happier when being a bit more active.
I do excercises daily, but I think to aim of winning a cup or playing in a league is what makes sports really helpful do decrease stress.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #2218359 - 01/04/04 02:19 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sure sports would help. I think working hard at any goal and accomplishing it or succeding would help self esteem and make someone feel good about themselves. Personally I like going to the gym because everyone there is in better shape than me and I find it helps to motivate me to try and be more healthy and in shape like them.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Depressions and Drugs [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #2218822 - 01/04/04 06:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cannabis IS a depressant as well as a hallucogen, smoking as a way to numb how you feel isnt good either as it can be difficult to cope when the weed isnt there anymore.

Exercise is very good for depression, although that amount of activity can be hard when you feel bad.

p.s. 2 grams a day isnt really a lot especially considering the tolerance built up from smoking habitually, although i doubt its very good for his head

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being