Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Time + Enmity = ....
    #2212474 - 12/31/03 08:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have been thinking about a particular epiphany a while ago...I was sitting, eating my cereal, having a grand 'ol jolly morning. Now, what could I possibly make such a spiritual topic out of such a mundane routine that most people go through to a lesser or more degree, you must wonder? Or maybe not if you know in fact just about anything from A-Z, if viewed in a certain light, can one find an element of spirituality from within.
But what it really seems to be, is that it's often not the object which has spiritual value drawn out from within it, but actually the person reflecting from within themselves. Because the general fact is, that just about any one object or subject, physical, or metaphysical, or otherwise, can have numerous different spiritual meanings and values. It all depends on the person's reflection of themselves, projecting their mind INTO the subject. But this is almost off the point of this dissertation.

As I was originally saying, I was eating my cereal and so on...now, about the cereal... The cereal was..Life brand cereal. Now, I dont ever choose this cereal, ever display any affection for it, or whatsoever. Why am I eating it then? Well, two primary reasons: 1) There wasn't much else better to eat; at least breakfast-wise. 2) Certain people around here don't have any friggin sense when it comes to shopping for CEREAL, everything else as far as food, is all fine, but goddamnit, when it comes to cereal, something wrong happens, I dunno WHAT.

[sarcasm]But somewhere along the line, maybe they get confused and blinded by Lucky Charm's rainbowy colors and then get all obfuscated and start having decision-crises and then choose a cereal that has "Life" on it, cuz maybe they think by choosing a cereal that says "Life" on it, they're making the right decision, cuz after all, what do we deal with everyday? Life. So maybe they think "hmm..Life...maybe THATS the answer, get the cereal and get the hell outta here, Tony the Tiger is annoying the shit outta me and I'm tired of hearing Snappin Crackin and Poppin over there and Sugar Bear looks gay as hell I wanna smack him and Count Chocula is just making Nosferatu spin in his grave and what the FUCK is Grapenuts? Whatever! get LIFE and get outta here hunny! [/sarcasm]

Anyways, I've been dealing with this for quite some time now...months and months and months, I've had to succumb to Life cereal as my...last resort for the most important meal of the day. And well, I've been realizing that I've actually become quite okay with the cereal, and more and more I actually dont dislike it at all. Now I actually do NOT mind eating a bowl of Life cereal! So I thought about this and questions arised from deep within the dark twisted wacky place of intelligent-insanity called, My Brain. I wondered if most, if not ALL of our..dislikes are simply pre-maturely judged, and can be "cured" with enough time spent in acquaintance, one way or another with our enmities? Are our insecurities and indispositions blankets of wool pulled over our eyes from mostly if not all, external factors rather than genuinely from within? Are most, if not all, of our mislikes in fact frivolous and at first empty voids in the beginning, that were subliminally and subconsciously inserted deep into our psyche, but then filled in with emotional colloraries as time passed by?

Can all of these be dissolved simply by opening yourself up to the specific experience you detest? For example, say you "know" you'd hate living in the cold, lonely, rural, desolate, vast and barren tundras of Siberian Russia. But then suddenly, you had to go to that exact spot for some urgent reason. At first you hate it, and urge to go back home...but as time grows..you start to like it, more and more. Another example, say you've hated black people all your life for numerous reasons, and then you suddenly move to Harlem, or Compton, where it's pre-dominantly black, and at first you absolutely detest it and abhor it. And then as time goes by..and the more time you spend there, the more you start to see things in other ways, you start to realize that maybe some of your old beliefs were in fact fallacious and immature. And then you start to actually not mind hanging out with them at all! Plenty of examples here...So, perhaps to wrap it all up...The more sand that falls in the hour-glass of your lifetime, the clearer you can see through it..The more sand that falls in the hour-glass of anything, the clearer we can see through it...including our emotional attitudes towards things.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone
else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. --Oscar Wilde

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Time + Enmity = .... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2212488 - 12/31/03 09:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm. "I wondered if most, if not ALL of our dislikes are simply pre-maturely judged, and can
be 'cured' with enough time spent in acquaintance... with our enmities?" I like that.
I like that a lot, in fact. If I knew how one goes about rating people I'd give you five
mushrooms. But I don't, sadly. Anyways, I think I'd like to think you're right. But it
still doesn't mean I'm going to hang around members of the religious right. I think I'd
rather bear enmity towards certain folks, and yes, that does make me a bad person. I try
not to worry about that too much, though.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

User Gallery

Re: Time + Enmity = .... [Re: Panoramix]
    #2212510 - 12/31/03 09:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, just gimme a fiver and it's all good, I'll give you a complimentary fiver in return, respectfully... :wink:
Or did you mean technically, as in where to go and how to do it?
Simply click on my name, click on "view ratings" click on "add ratings" select "General rating" and 5 shroomies and the rest is up to you :wink:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2212514 - 12/31/03 09:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Good topic. Interesting thoughts, especially about the Life cereal. *sniggers*

How about the opposite? You force yourself to like something, because it's something you have to do, and when you finally get to stop doing it, you realize how much you hated it.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2212517 - 12/31/03 09:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not sure this applies to interpersonal relationships. I just got out of one and everytime i speak to the woman, it makes me realize what things are i absolutly detest about her. In this specific case, familiarity breeds contempt, a la neitzsche and i don't care to speak to her at all.
I do understand and agree with what you've said tho. It's another reason i try to destroy preconceptions as soon as i see them start.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

User Gallery

Re: Time + Enmity = .... [Re: Frog]
    #2212520 - 12/31/03 09:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
How about the opposite?  You force yourself to like something, because it's something you have to do, and when you finally get to stop doing it, you realize how much you hated it.

Heheh, yea I know...so it's like, if you hate something, do it MORE! and if you love something, do it LESS! :nut:

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Time + Enmity = .... [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2212526 - 12/31/03 09:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus said, ?Love your neighbor as yourself.? (Just bear with me here) You can?t possibly like everyone, but because ?love your neighbor? has been driven into you, you?re convinced that it?s wrong to dislike people. On the contrary, it?s wrong not to dislike people. Let me tell you why. If you?re going to like and care for every person there?s something wrong with your personality. You?re deficient as a whole person. A whole person has definite likes and dislikes, paths that they follow, paths that they don?t follow. You must try to love everyone?s soul and wish them the best, but you certainly don?t have to like them or their actions. To associate with a person you intensely dislike is wrong. It diminishes that person and yourself. Many marriages, friendships, and family relationships often encompass people you can?t tolerate. This causes you guilt, heartache, and stunts your spiritual growth; you?re laboring so hard to be perfect that it colors everything.

--------------------

Offlinebumski
cattle russler

#2212634 - 01/01/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Time + Enmity = Tienmity

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology