Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote)
    #2210910 - 12/30/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was reading on a site earlier that sold peyote(it was located in the UK)and it was saying of course that they wouldnt send peyote to the US,but they said that another mescaline containing cacti named Lophophora Diffusa was legal in the US.....I was wondering if the Lophophora Diffusa seeds contained mescaline like the Peyote(Lophophora Williamsi)and about how mescaline does the Diffusa cacti contain compared to the Williamsi...Also,I have done alot of research on the San Pedro's also,and I was wondering if this Diffusa species contains more or less mescaline than the San Pedro...?Thanks for any help at all,any is appreciated.....Peaceout and HappyNewYears!!!

P.S.-Sorry if I should of posted this in the Enthobotnical Garden,I wasnt for sure which one to post in....thanks again!

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Edited by pfshroomer (12/30/03 11:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2210917 - 12/30/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

peyote is legal to buy in canada

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2211394 - 12/31/03 08:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

While diffusia and fricci do have mescaline, its not much in comparison to the pellotine concentration. I dont actually know if diffusia are legal, and kinda assume cops and feds would treat it like a real williamsii.

Offlinenecronomicon
journeyman

#2211586 - 12/31/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Diffusa has just about no mescaline, It was used as a control when testing the mescaline in other cacti, meaning that it had very very little to no mescaline.

That being said, it will still mess you up, make you hallucinate, but its not enjoyable from what I hear.

I'm pretty sure if you could prove it was diffusa to the feds that they couldnt charge you with much, its mainly just williamsii that is illegal, but if for some reason the diffusa had detectable amounts of mescaline you could be screwed.

Oh, and keep asking other places to ship to you, you will find that some will, just keep on searching.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: necronomicon]
    #2211734 - 12/31/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I suppose its all interpretation, but I tend to think of big brother as not that nice just to be safe. Remember what they did to hemp. They could prosecute anything they put effort into I bet.. you know, if they catch you and all :wink:

Offlineh o f m a n n
I think, therefore, I am.
Male

Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: necronomicon]
    #8501402 - 06/08/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

necronomicon said:
I'm pretty sure if you could prove it was diffusa to the feds that they couldnt charge you with much, its mainly just williamsii that is illegal, but if for some reason the diffusa had detectable amounts of mescaline you could be screwed.

I know in California that then entire Lophophora genus is illegal to possess, grow, etc.

--------------------
fuxxxorzz

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: h o f m a n n]
    #8501431 - 06/08/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Man you ressurrected a 5 year old thread.

FH

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: felixhigh]
    #8501511 - 06/08/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

rofl, it happens, cut him some slack, hes new. :tongue:

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: highdroponics]
    #8501552 - 06/08/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It´s no problem, I was just giving a heads up...
I though L. diffusa was ok in the whole US...

FH

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: felixhigh]
    #8501787 - 06/08/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The entire Lophophora genus is illegal in California fromw what I have read.

EG

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: ethnoguy]
    #8501899 - 06/08/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

diffusa is legal in i think 48 states, finding it is next to impossible, importing is very costly as well. best just to go with the risk of importing williamsii, its cheaper, and is the same chance of getting diffusa confiscated, as they will if they find you are importing without papers.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (06/08/08 10:50 PM)

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: highdroponics]
    #8501979 - 06/08/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If yo declare either with CITES forms they are gonna get confiscated at customs until they can figure out if it's really diffusa and not Williamsii. The only way to get either specimen through smoothly is to have the vendor not declare it and send it as a regular parcel. Air Express. 99% of the time it passes right through unless the vendor is an idiot and declares it on the customs label. Or if the vendor packages it poorly and dirt is leaking from the box.

Importing Foreign soil is a BIG red flag when receiving plants overseas. If they think the package contains a potted specimen dirt and all it will for sure get opened and most probably destroyed. Bottom line don't request CITES papers with your orders and demand them ship bare root. Also shipping from Europe gets much more attention than say Asia. Don't ask me why but thats what I've noticed. I had a single pack of seeds held almost 20 days before being released from custom coming from Europe.

Your best bet is to find someone you trust in the states to send specimens. a Private collector. Otherwise your taking your freedom in your hands. I don't know what can happen to you if a Peyote is intercepted by costoms. I had a bottle of Xanax confiscated at the border from overseas and they just took it and mailed me a letter it was illegal and come and get it. I just let it go. no legal action was taken. I guess they just destroyed it.

Edited by sturmer88 (06/08/08 11:23 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: sturmer88]
    #8502030 - 06/08/08 11:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for that sturmer. That will help some ppl. As far as diffusa, the seeds are readly available in the US. I can say it is not illegal here (my state), and it being illegal in 48 states is not accurate.

EG

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: ethnoguy]
    #8504229 - 06/09/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

No Problem. I'm just sharing from experience. As for Diffusa your right the seeds can be bought in the US if you look hard eneough. I won't mention the vendors name but the first Loph seeds I bought was from them. They were Lophophora Dedepiens. Some people believe it is actually Lophophora Williamsii Decepiens but DNA testing hasn't been made yet to determine it's origin thats why they are still legal. Unfortunately I lost many of them do to poor soil but Luckily I manages to get a few L Decepiens grafts going.

Lophophora Diffusa, and all other Lophophora species besides Williamsii is legal to cultivate in 49 states out of 50. In California all Lophopora is illegal. Thats what a legal search will come up if you google "Lophophora species US Law"

Offlinekingkongufulgus
Stretcher
Male

Loc: Western Hemisphere
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) *DELETED* [Re: pfshroomer]
    #20826000 - 11/12/14 07:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Mostly_Harmless

Reason for deletion: Source discussion/request is NOT allowed. In order to preserve both our sources and the Shroomery's sponsors. So please do not create threads specifically asking for sources. Even if your intent is for users to send you that info in a PM, it is still not permitted. Vendor discussion is also not permitted, whether it is good or bad makes no difference. If you find info on a vendor page, please just copy and paste it into your post. We want to keep our sponsors. Links to sponsors are allowed as long as it adds to the value of the thread and is not marketing the product. No non sponsor links are allowed, this includes links to auction sites!

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: kingkongufulgus] * 1
    #20826028 - 11/12/14 08:00 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Reviving a six year old thread to publicize a vendor is about the worst rules violation possible on a 2 line post. You should delete it, man.

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

InvisibleMrGiraffe

Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: LSoares]
    #20826720 - 11/12/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Well since this has already been brought back from the dead....
All loph species are illegal in CA.  Diffusa/fricci species are legal in the rest of the US.  If you get them imported a CITES fee costs $100, and there is still a chance they would confiscate it until they proved it wasn't williamsii.  If it doesn't have CITES paperwork and they open it, then it will be confiscated. 
Odds are for the people living in states that don't naturally have cacti, local law enforcement won't know a williamsii from a diffusa from an astrophytum asterias.  That being said, they could vary well confiscate your cacti garden if for some reason they though it was williamsii.  Better off labelling them something more inconspicuous and not mentioning that they are lophs even if they are diffusa species.
There are a very few US based suppliers of l. diffusa/fricci seeds that I've been able to find (which is a shame because they have pretty flowers just like the williamsii).  Some vendors sell the seeds as "non narcotic lophophora" species.

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: MrGiraffe]
    #20826887 - 11/12/14 01:03 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I have read story from diffusa, two people get in to desert, pick diffusa and eat them. That text is from erowid and there was written the effects were not like mescaline so there are probably other compounds causing the effects or so.

What comes to me, I would not ingest diffusa plants in order to have mescaline trip, there is not much mescaline compared to williamsii, and there are more other compounds. There are very high concentrations of other substances compared to mescaline, I have no first hand experience about diffusa effects, I wouldn't ingest it.

Except in erowid there was in same text about "diffusa have some compounds and it needs more study" ie. there are stuff effecting different way like mescaline and writers of that text probably wanted other people as well ingest the plant and write more data around internet.

Sorry to writing to old thread. Just wanted to say about, there is no reason to look possible peyote effects by ingesting diffusa. There may be not mescaline at all in l. diffusa, or very small amounts.

What comes to actual lophophora cultivation in states, I don't see impossible to import few specimens, diffusa/fricii plants may be as well illegal because they have said to contain traces of mescaline anyway so basically you may be prosecuted if you have these plants. Especially if you try import them to country and stuck to customs with them.:shrug:

However, very beautiful and fun growing lophophora, I still don't see reason to take it as source of mescaline, maybe it's source of something else. No one know are there any compounds as active or not.. Only one text about consuming l. diffusa can be found from erowid.com :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleMrGiraffe

Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: intelligentlife]
    #20826929 - 11/12/14 01:17 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

My post was more for those looking to grow lophs for their beautiful flowers.  If you're looking to trip off mescaline you're better off with one of the active trichs.

--------------------

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Lophophora Diffusa VS. Lophophora Williamsi(peyote) [Re: MrGiraffe]
    #20827020 - 11/12/14 01:42 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MrGiraffe said:
My post was more for those looking to grow lophs for their beautiful flowers.  If you're looking to trip off mescaline you're better off with one of the active trichs.

Yes.. poster(who probably just don't read this) have write about mescaline there so I was just think I write my opinion about. Ofc I know those are pretty plants with flowers. Mostly they are because those are collected.

Anyway, ofc it's not good source of mescaline. :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck