Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
to eat or not to eat that is the question?????
    #2210857 - 12/30/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

tomorow me and my friend plan to trip... my friend got 2 eights for 4 people so word... now i never done shrooms before and my friends did however they said they felt kinda like "ughh" like they felt kinda poisoned or a little nausoius and shit so they wonder if we are supposed to eat something before hand so the poison doesnt hit you stomach so hard... some people say its beter to fast, others say its better to eat and some even say to drink milk while others say to stay away from dairy while eating mushrooms... whats the truth? whos got some wisdom...thanks

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: sensi]
    #2210869 - 12/30/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok.

Alot of it is personal preference.

Here's your best bet. Clear your schedule, for tomorrow, and make sure you aren't gonna have to deal with parents tonight. Find a comfortable group of friends, and preferrably a location inside which also is close to a forest.

Eat light foods, preferred vegetables, and fruits at around 11 am. Meditate, relax, whatever, just clear all your thoughts and focus on having a beautiful fun journey with your friends. Meet up with your buddies, eat dem shrooms, sit back, and let the shrooms take you where ever they will. Don't resist or fight the experience, just enjoy yourself.

P.S The next day you may feel crappy, but you also may feel reborn! It really depends on the type of trip you have. Also, during the come up on the trip you may feel a little cramp in your stomach, or a small sharp pain, don't concentrate on it, cause it happens to everyone and it passes in 10 - 15 minutes. That is just the shrooms which in essence are taking effect (they do poison your body).

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Edited by daft (12/30/03 11:13 PM)

Offlinesensi

Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: daft]
    #2210878 - 12/30/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

word man and im gonna go to a party at a friends house and we are all gonna be chillen hard as hell theres gonna be 4 of us trippen on those shrooms

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2210916 - 12/30/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Uh... For a first experience stay away from large social gatherings AKA Dont go to a friggin party. It will be an information overload, you could get really anxious and panic because of all the people. If may of the people are sober at this party than that would make it worse.

You'll generally feel better around other shroomers.

Make sure to take a walkman with you, and if you start to get nervous or upset, change the song, and go to a different room to get your thoughts moving elsewhere.

How many people at the partay?

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Offlinesensi

Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: daft]
    #2210928 - 12/30/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i think a lot of people are gonna be there lol but i dont generally have problems with people or when people are around lol so im thinking it would be fun

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2210957 - 12/30/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It may feel like you're poisoned on the come-up, which is right before the peak, but active psilocybes are not poisonous. Psilocybin/Psilocin act at a nuerological level. They alter your sinaptic chemistry.

The comeup is like a period of nausea and overwhelmingness. It passes, then the fun part happens. :eek:

See, now alcohol, thats a poison, because your liver breaks down alcohol. Intoxication is reached when your liver is overloaded, and the booze goes to your blood.

IME, food in the stomach makes you feel it slower.
Have a good trip  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by ArmFromTheAbyss1 (12/31/03 12:04 AM)

Offlinesensi

Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2211299 - 12/31/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

anyone got any advice?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2211406 - 12/31/03 08:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just go with the flow and have a great time!  :smile:

Offlinesensi

Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: MOTH]
    #2211460 - 12/31/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

thanx its gonna be the shit  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
but what about the eating deal, what sould i do? fast or no?

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2211518 - 12/31/03 10:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I always try not to eat a good bit before dosing since it comes on much faster and stronger than if you have alot of food in you tum, especially if I was gonna be eating only 1.75g. I've never puked but have dry heaved alot of times, something probably would have come out if I had food in my tum. Dry heaving is alot easier on the boby than fuckin acidic nasty puke that burns and shit, so I would stay away from food if your worried about puking, but on a lower dose as your planning I don't think it would be a problem anyway. I never got a toxic feeling like I have off some research chemicals, shrooms are really gentle in that reguard imo, maybe a anxious feeling and the ossasional "damn maybe I took too much" on the come up of a monster dose but never felt posioned. My suggestion is to fast

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2211560 - 12/31/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I find and empty stomache gets you a good fast come up, but I like to have some fruit and cheese, or something simple like that to eat, available after I eat them. Sometimes the whole empty stomache sensation becomes something that I dwell on too much. So I usually eat a light meal about 3 or 4 hours before, and have snacks ready. As far as shrooming in a party environment, I usually don't enjoy being around large groups of people when on psychedelics, but some people do. I probably wouldn't recommend it to a first timer though. Keep in mind that they aren't a party drug like alchohol and pot and mdma. It's a much more inward journey, and too much outside stimulus can be overwhelming. I agree with the headphones idea though. That way you can be anti social if you feel like it, I know I usually feel that way when coming up on shrooms. Also, I would try to resist the temptation of drinking alchohol before or during your trip.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinesensi

Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2211650 - 12/31/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ima be chillen in my own little corner jamin to some 311-beyond the grey skies ahhh its too dope man with my headphones juss chillen in my own lil world... i cant wait and yeah everyone check that song out its the most beautiful song ever :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:... especially the guitar and bass wow... i juss wish i had been on shrooms at the 311 concerts i been to... i will one day :crazy2: :eyemouth:...

--------------------

Offlineshu40
Stranger
    #2211666 - 12/31/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i tend to get nausea almost every time i eat them, so tonight for instance i'll have along with me nondrowsy dramamine which i have found to help a little bit. another friend has suggested like pepcid or something similar might help the stomach pains.

id probably eat a light snack a few hours before, a totally empty stomach might be a bad idea for the firs time for someone.

OfflineMinisterSinister
Stranger
Re: to eat or not to eat that is the question????? [Re: shu40]
    #2219061 - 01/04/04 07:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

smoking some bud usually settles my stomach and gives you somthing to do while your waitin for them to kick in.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract