Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBushdoctor
Reject from thespirit realm trying to getthome

possibal contam on birdseeds
    #2211262 - 12/31/03 05:30 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hi i am wondering about a bag of birdseeds i am growing.
about a week ago i innoculated a mycobag of wild birdseeds with a 10cc syringe of amazonians. firstly i scrubbed the seeds through 4 times and let them soke 1 hour between scrubbs, and changing water every time. After having soked for well above 24 hours  in cold wather i preshurcooked it for about 1 hour then turned of the plate and left the cooker on the stove, that wash probably a mistake i should have tried to cool it of a.s.a.p. As of now one week after inocculation growth is coming  on nicely i have every morning shaked the bag and broken up the myciline wich wash visible after 3 days. Wath worries me is this altho the myciline is white as new fallen snow on christmas morgning (simply dosent get any whiter) i can detect a faint jeast like smell from the bag. I had to put my nose to the filter and to be able to detect it properly, stupid i know you shouldn't stick your nose in a possible contam. The smell is absolutely nothing of the truly FOUL smells you wold expect from bacteria nor the smell of mold but i am still concerned since i have grown these amazonians before ,spores taken from earlier growths, and i have never detected this smell before. I have previously  always used jars so i haven't been able to detect much growth during colonization so i might just be overly paranoid, but since its a new smell ill rather ask its better to be safe then sorry. :eyemouth:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: possibal contam on birdseeds [Re: Bushdoctor]
    #2211545 - 12/31/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

What does it smell like? What's a "jeast like smell?" Like wine (yeast?) If it's ammonia it could be o.k.

You shouldn't be shaking every day, anyway.

If it's yeast (smells like alcohol) it could be fucked, but let it recover and for Christ's sake leave it alone for at least a week. If it's contaminated it probably won't recover (growth will stop.) I wouldn't worry about smelling the filter patch -- it's a 2 micron filter -- just don't huff it or anything.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: possibal contam on birdseeds [Re: Bushdoctor]
    #2211555 - 12/31/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Watch it for awhile. If the growth itself looks healthy and strong, and no odd growth patches appear, assume things are OK. Make a note to *carefully* break the spawn apart if/when you plan to do so, in case there is a bacterial core.
It's good to be cautious, but IME a little more evidence than a faint smell is needed in order to throw something out.

OfflineBushdoctor
Reject from thespirit realm trying to getthome

Re: possibal contam on birdseeds [Re: Suntzu]
    #2213075 - 01/01/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the word i wash trying to spell is the word fro mushroom induced fermentation like in the creation of alcohol, i am just fucked up at spelling in English so its yeast then.

"IME a little more evidence than a faint smell is needed in order to throw something out."

yea i thought so to and thats why i didn't throw it out the growth is coming on at brake neck speed. Actually thats why i had to shake it so early the myceline was starting to build a nice white top layer in just 3 days so i had to shake to redistribute water and myciline.

anyway the smell is still there and is gaining in strength but growth is going flawlessly so ill let it sit for at least another week.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag