Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
OFFICIAL shroomery composition contest! - revived :) - win a one year supporter account! - CLOSED
    #22110180 - 08/19/15 10:26 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

September 2nd/2015 deadline

CONTEST CLOSED - SEE VOTING THREAD: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22183644

Hello and welcome to the revival of the shroomery composition contest!

Rules and Contest guidelines:
*Contestants will be presented with a photo. They have 2 weeks to recored an original composition to express that photo by any means of moving air molecules. (music) Any genre!

*On the day of voting, all tracks will be anonymous to the public

*The little criteria for the actual composition is .MP3 file format and its recommend to keep the track shorter then 4 minutes.

*Submit your final MP3 to: Masked@shroomery.org

It must be in before 11:59pm of the due date for it to be posted as a candidate for voting. (When you email me your track, please name it and your USERNAME)

*The final vote will take place in a voting thread. Once I upload all the tracks I will set up a poll. A NOTE: The order which will be listed is solely based on who sends in their tracks first. If you get it done mid week.. send it in! The people voting might become a bit hasher hearing the 5th down the list. (try and be the 1st or 2nd on the list) Only the title of the tracks will be posted to make sure no bias is involved in the vote.

*The winner is proclaimed composition champion. The winner also gets to pick the next picture for next months Composition contest. (common sense guidelines when picking photos. Nature, the city, human face, abstract art, any other kind of art, scenes... ect)

As well, the winner receives a one year supporter account from me!

Thanks for reading and good luck composing.

due date: September 2nd

Contest Picture:

--------------------

Edited by Masked (09/03/15 06:08 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male

Re: OFFICIAL shroomery composition contest! - revived :) - win a one year supporter account! [Re: Masked]
    #22125327 - 08/22/15 03:29 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Seriously...no interest?

--------------------

OfflineUniversaleyeni
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fl
Re: OFFICIAL shroomery composition contest! - revived :) - win a one year supporter account! [Re: Masked]
    #22128030 - 08/22/15 07:41 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I'm interested :cool:

I might not make the deadline, but I'll still post the song for fun when I finish!

:peace:

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male

Re: OFFICIAL shroomery composition contest! - revived :) - win a one year supporter account! [Re: Universaleyeni]
    #22133393 - 08/24/15 01:39 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The whole catch is capturing the essence of the photo and presenting the idea on a deadline.  Our old contests used to be a week. I extended it to two.  Just a rough idea even.  it lights a fire under our creative butts :wink:. Hehe.  Many artists have to create to a deadline

Sometimes these ideas form the basis for our best songs and I would revisit them and Polish them after the fact :smile:

Anyone else working on anything?

--------------------

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male

#22133735 - 08/24/15 04:16 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

K, so I stared at this picture for awhile after being nice and warmed up on the guitar at the height of a good stone, and with the volume cranked up I got lost in some cerebral and melodic tones and effects on my fender mustang.  This will be a very different kind of track for me.  :cool:

--------------------

OfflineUniversaleyeni
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fl
    #22169716 - 08/31/15 05:32 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I sent in my track today...

Hope to hear some of my other shroomy buddies sounds

:cool:

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male

Re: OFFICIAL shroomery composition contest! - revived :) - win a one year supporter account! [Re: Universaleyeni]
    #22177680 - 09/02/15 12:54 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

So the contest is closed now.  We have two submissions.  I will post an anonymous voting thread tomorrow and we will let the community decide which track best fits the picture :cool:

The original composition contest had 3 submissions on its first go around, so I'm still confident this will pick up steam again :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male

#22182834 - 09/03/15 02:21 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Just headed to a workout.  Will post the anonymous voting poll when I get back :cool:

Good work!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media