Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Timothy Leary & Ram Dass real audio files
    #2210920 - 12/31/03 01:34 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Click here for the page.

I think the Leary file is from his "LSD" album. Here's what the page says:

Week 2 June 9
Dick Alpert, Nicky Scully's Tribal Alchemy, Summer of Love, Reginald's flicks

I took what was left of the proceeds of the first week and spent it on advertising, mostly doing a direct mailing to 1000 bay area people on Nicky's list. I hoped that the people interested in modern metaphysics would remember Dick Alpert and want to hear what he had to say. As Ram Dass, after his "Be Here Now" book his straight following was mostly not from the old psychedelic school.

During the week I got a call from the "manager" of the Dinosaurs who said he wanted the front money or the concert was off. He feared that the group would not pull in a crowd to make a percentage worthwhile. I said that was the deal and I had no way to change it now, so he pulled the Dinosaurs from the following week's show. Allan Cohen soon called saying he couldn't make the date. So with a week to go I had no third show. But the Cosmos provided a nice touch. When I was putting up posters for the Dick Alpert show in San Rafael, I stopped by to see my old friend Bob Dries, Mouse's old partner back in Pacific Ocean Traders Haight Street days. He and a friend he was sitting next to in the back of the silk screen shop, listened as I reported that the Dinosaurs had dropped out. Bob introduced me to his old friend Snooky Flowers who was the leader of Janis' Cosmic Blues Band, Snooky was quietly smiling wwhile he said "My Flashback band isn't booked for next week maybe we can sit in".

"Cosmic" I declared. "Next week's show is a go!" Sunday night the show's set and setting was a beautiful encompassing light show that covered Nicky Scully's Tribal Alchemy with a paisley fluid grid and then accompanied Gene Anthony's 60 slides from "The Summer of Love" book combining with it my 60's flicks. Ram Dass having come directly from the airport and Tim's LA memorial, sat next to me in the balcony, watched the light show and was entertained by the visiting hip elite. The crowd although much smaller than the inaugural weekend still looked and sounded like many hundreds. As it turned out the vast majority had been "comped" leaving only 69 hard core patrons who put up the $10 for this historical event. The crowd sat in awe and drank in every word Dick spoke interrupting many times with applause and adulation. The video is only slightly marred by the operator-less camera falling over backwards during Ram Dass's presentation, a fountain of historic stories or as he called it "psychedelic stand up". The part you hear here starts afterward and is only a portion of the hour and twenty minute tape. See how much of this significant recollection you haven't heard.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology