Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
And you thought your home-improvement projects were a pain.
If they ever return from their home in Saudi Arabia, the Rabi family will be in for a doozy if they want to move back into the $500,000 colonial at 123A Bacon St. in Natick.
In July, health officials dubbed the home "unfit for human habitation" when it was found loaded with toxic mold. The fungus grew after water pipes burst over the winter. The flood inside the house created ideally soggy conditions for the mold to grow while the owners were away.
Trouble with the house first surfaced in early April, when a neighbor called the Fire Department to report water dripping from the sill.
When officials went in, they uncovered two types of mold -- black and wispy-like cobweb mold.
The mold even got into the garage, and the car had to be cleaned three times to get rid of the moldy smell. The infestation was so bad, officials found mushrooms growing on a big-screen television.