Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: Beanhead]
    #22121645 - 08/21/15 10:14 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i'm looking forward to it too. i hope they dont turn it into an action RPG like the fabula nova crystalis series and XV. i could really just go for an old rpg with lots of new content and graphics. not that i dont like the action style, its just since 13 thats all we've gotten from FFs

at the moment the only reason i'm gonna get a PS4 is kingdom hearts 3, FF XV, and the VII remake. none of em are out though and the current PS4 game lineup isnt really too interesting to me

i also really want to buy an XBOX360 just to play Lost Odyssey but they are still kind of pricy so i'm waiting to find a good deal

Edited by Adolin (08/21/15 10:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: Adolin]
    #22121904 - 08/21/15 11:17 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Tekken 7 for life :P

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22121984 - 08/21/15 11:23 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i played tekken tag tournament for ps2 a ton when i was a teen. that game was the shit

thats the only one ive played tho. when i get a ps4 maybe i'll pick one of the new ones up

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #22122258 - 08/21/15 12:35 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah it's much easier to pick up.

I've been playing TT2 competitively the past 4 years, shits cash but hard af to master

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #22122609 - 08/21/15 01:52 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Tekken Bowl! i played the bowling part more than i played the fighting part

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#22125064 - 08/21/15 11:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:
i don't think i've seen xenogears in this thread.  i mean, i actually never played it, but its widely regarded by people my age as perhaps the best game ever made.  that reminds me, i've got to get around to playing xenogears...

Xenogears?

the first disc was great, becuase you could actually play.

the fact is though, the second disc is nothing but cutscenes, essentially an animated book.

the first half of the game? it was great, and IMO it was a pretty difficult game, but the second disc made the whole thing a giant joke to me. its one giant cutscene. i never even bothered 'clicking' to the end.

dont get me wrong, i like a good story and lots of dialogue. but the second half of the game is NOTHING BUT DIALOGUE. there is NO GAMEPLAY.

its a tragic case of a video game being force-released before it was ready

I thought xenogears was awesome!! Xenosaga was...okay, but xenogears? Amazing! And its probably longer than FF8 (even though its 2 discs vs 4). Yes heavy cutscenes though. But thats part of it. I love the anime elements

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#22129057 - 08/22/15 11:03 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. I read the link. Not sure if the guy is just a fucking lunatic or if that's actually the intended full story, but interesting either way.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: EllisDSox]
    #22129097 - 08/22/15 11:11 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BERSERK DESTROYER said:
Thanks. I read the link. Not sure if the guy is just a fucking lunatic or if that's actually the intended full story, but interesting either way.

pretty accurate IME. alot of what he talks about is in easily missable scenes from FF7(like the basement lab in Snow Field), and some info from crisis core as well

he is a bit over articulate though

Edited by Adolin (08/22/15 11:13 PM)

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22129341 - 08/23/15 01:11 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

He's gosh darn genius about it tho. Now it's my ff7 reality. Haha

Man I want to play xenogears now even if it's a anime at the end.

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: pachoo]
    #22129617 - 08/23/15 04:55 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

^youll love it. Dont let anyone discourage you from xenogears lol....seriously.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#22129625 - 08/23/15 05:04 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
wow. i didnt remember that EVERY FUCKING CHARACTERS ULTIMATE WEAPON IS SHIT.

serious. no matera growth on ANY of them. theres no reason to ever use them in any fight except genova rebirth, and sephiroth/s in the last dungeon i'd be an idiot to use them on the optional bosses

Yuffies seems the only ultimate weapon thats usefull at all really, cause it does full damage with morph. glad i picked her to be in my main team. but still :sad:

ive been playing on an emulator, so i can play at high speed and i just got to disc 3. all i have left to do is get the items from the battle/speed arena, the 2 difficult weapons, get the enemy skills from crater, and steal some odds and ends so i have every item. i'm at 37 hours, but ive only played for about 20 in real life time

This is from way earlier but do you think that aeris' limit break is just there to throw people off and assume youll get to use it (or for me, i was always hoping shed come back to the party in some way, i even was sure there was a way to bring her back, i went through allllll the cities of FF7 looking for clues LOL...cause if you go to the temple where you first fall through the roof and meet her after disc 1, she pops up for just a few seconds, etc... I was sure she couldnt just disappear from the party....lol.) i guess thats what makes that character death way more effective even than anything from game of thrones or whatever.

Worth mentioning i was just a kid when i first played through it, and it def made me legit sad. Lol.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: Fractal420]
    #22130389 - 08/23/15 10:54 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Quote:

Gresh said:
wow. i didnt remember that EVERY FUCKING CHARACTERS ULTIMATE WEAPON IS SHIT.

serious. no matera growth on ANY of them. theres no reason to ever use them in any fight except genova rebirth, and sephiroth/s in the last dungeon i'd be an idiot to use them on the optional bosses

Yuffies seems the only ultimate weapon thats usefull at all really, cause it does full damage with morph. glad i picked her to be in my main team. but still :sad:

ive been playing on an emulator, so i can play at high speed and i just got to disc 3. all i have left to do is get the items from the battle/speed arena, the 2 difficult weapons, get the enemy skills from crater, and steal some odds and ends so i have every item. i'm at 37 hours, but ive only played for about 20 in real life time

This is from way earlier but do you think that aeris' limit break is just there to throw people off and assume youll get to use it (or for me, i was always hoping shed come back to the party in some way, i even was sure there was a way to bring her back, i went through allllll the cities of FF7 looking for clues LOL...cause if you go to the temple where you first fall through the roof and meet her after disc 1, she pops up for just a few seconds, etc... I was sure she couldnt just disappear from the party....lol.) i guess thats what makes that character death way more effective even than anything from game of thrones or whatever.

Worth mentioning i was just a kid when i first played through it, and it def made me legit sad. Lol.

aries has the best and most unique limit breaks, and they are also the easiest ones to get early on.

you need to kill 160 enemies with her(really easy in forests with sets of 5 enemies, use All materia paired with a strong spell)

then use healing wind 8 times, breath of earth 6 times, and planet protector 5 times(use Hypers to build limits faster). then give the mythril to the dude in the blacksmith near gongaga for her ultimate

it took me about an hour and a half to get all her limits. maybe a bit longer, but still, its easy to do in an afternoon of gaming

thats kind of a big reason why it sucks that aries died. her limits buffed the shit out of other members, healed them, boosted both their limit guages, etc. and she also has the highest magic stat

other characters limit breaks only do direct damage for the most part

Edited by Adolin (08/23/15 11:07 AM)

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22130729 - 08/23/15 12:27 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
^youll love it. Dont let anyone discourage you from xenogears lol....seriously.

:thumbup: thanks! I will if I have time

--------------------

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22130749 - 08/23/15 12:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Because Aeris is BADASS! haha I love playing as the healers. Most games I do anyways so it only made sense I favorited her. And Yuffie.

She was an excellent support character.

*sigh*

--------------------

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22132640 - 08/23/15 08:10 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

wow, the ultimate weapons are ending up useful.

materia is alot easier to level than i remember. its a breeze killing Magic Pots.

i havnt beat ruby/emerald but i already mastered every materia except for revive. idk how i missed that one, but it will get mastered after i kill one of the weapons

after that, i just have to steal some items, level extra characters to lv99(and get their limit breaks) and i'll have 99% completion. not sure if i'll do that though. i just wanna kill ruby/emerald and be done

i havnt maxed out stats either, but again i dont plan to. thats worse than getting everyone to 99

Edited by Adolin (08/23/15 08:12 PM)

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#22132936 - 08/23/15 09:14 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Did you ever know that cunning trick to kill Emerald Weapon where you just put two fully levelled HP Plus Materia on a character so he'll have 9999 HP, then wait for it to do the attack that does 1111 damage per materia you have? If your man is full healed, he'll do lucky 7 attack and just kill the bastard in one go. Triumph.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22132994 - 08/23/15 09:36 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BERSERK DESTROYER said:
Did you ever know that cunning trick to kill Emerald Weapon where you just put two fully levelled HP Plus Materia on a character so he'll have 9999 HP, then wait for it to do the attack that does 1111 damage per materia you have? If your man is full healed, he'll do lucky 7 attack and just kill the bastard in one go. Triumph.

ive never used the lucky 7's trick as long as ive played FF7. its easy enough to mime KOTR. ive two or maybe three random times that i landed 7777HP, but ive never incited it

i'm about to fight Ruby weapon, but i'm using w-summon with hades/KOTR and and Quadra magic+bahamut zero

it should be a garunteed win. but we'll see

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#22133863 - 08/24/15 04:02 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pachoo said:
Because Aeris is BADASS! haha I love playing as the healers. Most games I do anyways so it only made sense I favorited her. And Yuffie.

She was an excellent support character.

*sigh*

I guess the reason shes so badass is that... Its like when a game gives you extra weapons at the beginning but then later youre just armed with a pistol. In this case, they took away a party member that would have probably made the game much much easier than it actually is.

I really need to play through FF7 again. Especially after reading that plot breakdown. I missed like half that stuff or interpreted it differently.

FF7 is truly a masterpiece but the story started to not make as much sense towards the end...i remember feeling like WTF is going on. But armed with background knowledge, im sure its much better than that. Didnt give enough thought to the 2000 years prior to the opening....lol def time to run through it again

And honestly i find xenogears to be fit to be part of the FF series really, it has lots of similarities. (Minus the combo system and anime look) World map, gameplay, cutscenes, awesome story, all that square rpg stuff... The game that started it all for me, though, was actually Super Mario RPG. THAT was amazing

If im not mistaken, xenogears was the First game where it wasnt Squaresoft anymore, but now Square Enix. And it didnt matter back then, was still just as good. But then square enix turned into money hungry bastards, just buying licenses and making mediocre titles. I feel square should have stuck to rpgs, and has no place dealing with franchises like Deus Ex and Thief... Some of the non-rpgs have turned out okay (Sleeping Dogs) but square, IMO, should go back to its roots instead of making GTA style games and putting their spin on old classics.

Its also kinda like when Bethesda makes a shooter. Stick to The Elder Scrolls! (Even fallout, its great but instead of old school fallout its kinda like reskinned TES with guns....i really liked new vegas for that reason, it was made by some of the same ppl as Fallout 2)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (08/24/15 04:13 AM)

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#22134014 - 08/24/15 05:48 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

BERSERK DESTROYER said:

ive never used the lucky 7's trick as long as ive played FF7. its easy enough to mime KOTR. ive two or maybe three random times that i landed 7777HP, but ive never incited it

i'm about to fight Ruby weapon, but i'm using w-summon with hades/KOTR and and Quadra magic+bahamut zero

it should be a garunteed win. but we'll see

You know this game way, way better than me despite how much I love it. Don't think I ever beat Emerald Weapon without doing the Lucky 7 trick. I think I at least worked it out for myself, but it's still absolute cheats.

I got my FF4, 5 and 6 cartridges soldered with battery cases so I shalt never lose a save again (can just change the battery while the power is on if you take the cartridge off). Triumph.

Was FF9 or 10 particularly good? I stopped after 8 cause it just fucking annoyed me. I did finish it, but something about it was really unsatisfying.

--------------------

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22135144 - 08/24/15 11:45 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BERSERK DESTROYER said:

Was FF9 or 10 particularly good? I stopped after 8 cause it just fucking annoyed me. I did finish it, but something about it was really unsatisfying.

personnally? i think their both great. FF9 is alot like the traditional FFs(4 im particular), with characters with specific jobs and not a whole lot of flexibility

FF10 is a far cry from traditional ffs though. no world map, different leveling system. you can change your characters and their armor during battle. all characters can max out stats, and learn all magic (eg. the mage can eventually start hitting for 99,999 with regular attack, and the warrior can hit with 99,999 with magic eventually)

theres alot of differences, but i think its an awesome game and blitzball minigame is alot of fun once you get a hang of it. i can spend as much time playing blitzball as the main story sometimes

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order