Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Worst Trip
    #2208224 - 12/29/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

So a friend and I decided to trip late one night upon returning to campus from home one sunday night. We each ate about a quarter's worth of shrooms we figured since most of it was spores from the bottom of a bag. My friend has tripped a lot more than I have, but I on the other hand, have only tripped about 4 times. Anyways, it ended up being a disaster.

The trip came on pretty fast, since we decided to smoke a J right about a half hour after ingesting. It started out pretty fun since I went from taking a hit to seeing the grass melt into red flames, lets keep in mind I had never tripped this hard before. After they kicked in, we decided that we'd go inside and chill out in the room since it was cold as hell. Anyways, after getting inside, I felt this incredible tightness in the middle of my back. It was really uncomfortable, and the hard beating of my heart didnt help. As time passed (i have no idea how much exactly), i began to get concerned with how uncomfortable I was feeling. I started to get scared thinking for some reason I was going to have a heart attack. The beating of my heart became so intense that I decided to ask a friend to touch my chest and sure enough, his surprised/concerned look scared me even worse. I thought for sure I was going to die.

After a session of admittance to myself that if I was going to die, I realized I no longer had control over myself and began to drink about a half gallon of milk, since I've heard it brings down your trip.

For some reason, I only got visuals at the start of the trip, and lost them after the intense self-awareness about everything in my body. All I could focus on was the beating of my heart, and the thought of dying. No matter what I tried, I could not pull my attention away from it.

Sure enough about 5 hours later, my trip ended and I tried to sleep, but laid in bed instead, still thinking about death.

Has anyone ever had a trip like this off of shrooms alone?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Worst Trip [Re: Tweexican]
    #2208317 - 12/29/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe shrooms arent for you...if you didnt get visuals with a quarter...Even if you had other worries, spirals and stuff should have invaded your vision, attacking you...

OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: Worst Trip [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2208348 - 12/29/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I had tripped before, and it was mind blowing... totally spiritual. This time, I think I just got scared, not to mention I was really tired.

I DID have visuals in the beginning of the trip, and they came on hard, but then it all just turned bad.

--------------------

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2209774 - 12/30/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You have to accept bad trips as part of the mushroom world. Eventualy, everyone has one. Setting and the people you hang with while tripping are major factors torwards your trip, and so is your own mind. Its never the best idea going into a trip expecting to have fun, with negative thoughts on your mind...unless you're looking to find answers, and want to deal with your problems head on.

Its all natural.
Try and learn from them.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2209892 - 12/30/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I often experience a sort of dying experience when shrooming. I find it helps to just relax and accept it and let it pass through you. If you fight it, it usually makes things worse. Usually, once the feeling passes, I move on and feel great for hours, but it can be tough. I suggest reading The Psychedelic Experience by Tim Leary. It explains alot about these sensations.

Also I find that I usually trip better if I prepare myself for a couple of days before hand by eating wholesome foods, drinking lots of water, and meditating. Spur of the moment trips can be fun, but sometimes I find myself feeling doubts if I don't prepare myself. Doubs can lead to bad thought loops. No fun!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Anonymous

#2210692 - 12/30/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

For some reason, I only got visuals at the start of the trip, and lost them after the intense self-awareness about everything in my body. All I could focus on was the beating of my heart, and the thought of dying. No matter what I tried, I could not pull my attention away from it.

you can't fight it like that. your heart is beating and you're thinking about death. what's so terrible about that? just go with the flow.

i was once lost, and tripping harder than i ever have in my life... driving.... totally lost on a cold, gray, november day in some terrible part of PA near reading. i drove around in a frenzy just trying to find a place to pull over and be left alone. the 3 hours of hardest tripping i've ever done were spent sitting in my car at some gas station off a busy road someplace near reading... there is a level of "bad trip" that i don't think many people even appreciate... full-on panic, complete insanity and paranoia.... a terrible cocktail of more adrenaline and psilocybin than should ever be in the system at one time.... that is a bad trip.

i know that "i'm going to die or go crazy before the end of this... something evil is on the way" feeling... yeah. the bad trip can be terrible. fortunately i've had only one, and it was caused by a very stupid decision to try to drive.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2210768 - 12/30/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tweexican said:
most of it was spores from the bottom of a bag.

I can't believe I'm the first person to pick this up. Those weren't spores in your bag you dag nam shroom noob!

I'm sorry, but I've been frustrated with this ever since a friend of mine asked me "What's the most potent part? The spores?" after I had explained to him before that spores contain no psilocybin or psilocyn, hence they're legal.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2210836 - 12/30/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

In my very first shroom experience I had a similar occurence.

I became interested in everything I saw because I had never experienced a psychadelic before, that when I became aware of my body high I also became infatuated with it. The more I focused the worse it seemed to get. I started to think my heart was beating way faster than normal, this caused me to panic, I focused my thoughts then on how cold I was and that only amplified it.

After 5 minutes of this little panic attack I just took a deep breath, closed my eyes, smiled, and said to myself that it's normal for heart rate to increase (sober or not) and im no colder than I would normally be (sober or not). And bam, right away all the bad thoughts were gone.

I recommend this to anyone.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

Re: Worst Trip [Re: daft]
    #2210895 - 12/30/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Bad trips... I have had a few... two that almost killed me.... sent me to the hospital at least. I don't trip anymore unless I prepare thouroughly... for like a week. Meditation, reading, eating good, exercising. Flashbacks are the side of psychedelia that are unpleasent, but teach you just as much, if not more than good trips. I have found that fear is a slippery slope in the psychedelic experience. Never resist your feelings.... aka, cling to your ego. Loss of self is the most terrifying feeling in the world. For 3 years I wouldn't trip after my last bad trip, and I have only done so twice since. Both times, with the experience I have gained in subjective awareness, I was able to maintain mindfullness enough to allow the bad feelings to freely flow into great ones. Never underestimate your consciousness...

--------------------

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: Worst Trip [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2210914 - 12/30/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
I often experience a sort of dying experience when shrooming. I find it helps to just relax and accept it and let it pass through you. If you fight it, it usually makes things worse. Usually, once the feeling passes, I move on and feel great for hours, but it can be tough. I suggest reading The Psychedelic Experience by Tim Leary. It explains alot about these sensations.

Also I find that I usually trip better if I prepare myself for a couple of days before hand by eating wholesome foods, drinking lots of water, and meditating. Spur of the moment trips can be fun, but sometimes I find myself feeling doubts if I don't prepare myself. Doubs can lead to bad thought loops. No fun!

EXACTLY! it's "Spur of the moment trips" that mess things up. You have to prepare yourself because if it's at the spur of the moment you have doubts , and like he said doubts are what give you a bad trip

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Worst Trip [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2211205 - 12/31/03 03:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SlapnutRob said:
Quote:

Tweexican said:
most of it was spores from the bottom of a bag. 

I can't believe I'm the first person to pick this up.  Those weren't spores in your bag you dag nam shroom noob!

I'm sorry, but I've been frustrated with this ever since a friend of mine asked me "What's the most potent part?  The spores?" after I had explained to him before that spores contain no psilocybin or psilocyn, hence they're legal.

Hahah don't worry I got that too. :wink:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblejetnos
Mr
Loc: England
    #2213161 - 01/01/04 12:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I had a similar experience. It was absolutly terrible, search for my posts under was i poisoned. I never felt so ill in all my life, so I just lay there and accepting it, I had slight visuals that made me jump a bit. Normality returned after the trip obviously but I still felt a bit drained and scared (of shrooms) for 3 weeks after. It was not nice but have had much better trips recently. I think its best to properly prepare, relax, unwind and make sure your healthy and a bit of carbohydrates in your system I feel keeps you in a better mental frame of mind.

--------------------
Smoke and fly

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
    #2218164 - 01/04/04 09:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I ended up in hospital after thinking I was having a heart attack, it's really bad, terrifying. I had panic attacks about five times a day for almost an entire year after that, I really didn't cope well at all.
What I suggest is, don't trip for a while, and do some excercise, and eat well. When you're at a good level of fitness, then start tripping again. Whenever I start getting racing heart paranoia, I know that at least I'm at a good level of fitness, so I have a lot less to worry about.

I have had two situations in which I have thought I was dying and having a heart attack, and in both instances I have conciously tried to slow my heart rate down or tried to reassure myself I'd be alright. This doesn't work at all, so what I do now if I started getting a bit panicky is to start drawing or talk to someone, just do anything to take your mind off it.

And don't bottle it up if it's happening.. when it happens you can get paranoid that you'll put a downer on everyone elses trip if you tell them about it, but this just makes things worse for yourself.

--------------------

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

#2218203 - 01/04/04 10:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Personally for me anyway,although i enjoy shrooms,they tend to bring out the darker side of mmy emotions,meaning they accent any sad feelings depression ect and very rarely the good.at least at higher end doses.Thats just me though.Acid for me is just the oppisote.I only shroom now with doses under a gram and a half or once and a while 2 grams spread out a little.I had several disturbing trips on shrooms in the last couple years and now im all about a mellow relaxing trip.i leave the intensity to others now,been there done that.

--------------------

Invisibleghostcook
El POLO LOCO

Loc: 1313 mockingbird lane
    #2218226 - 01/04/04 10:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

never had bad one myself...........never gonna

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Worst Trip [Re: ghostcook]
    #2218448 - 01/04/04 01:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ghostcook said:
never had bad one myself...........never gonna

Hah! Never say never!

Ghostcook where do you live???...says china in your loc but if you know a ? Captain Jean luc picard? well you must be in some kind of french nation or sometn , like me ;p

Edited by Grapefruity (01/04/04 01:05 PM)

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #2219952 - 01/05/04 05:18 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

damn you reminded me my 2 last trips.... which were both bad trips...like yours... death trips!
ALthough i knew that i shouldn't panic i just could not control it.... it was too strong for me!
These were the 2 worst nights of my life, this scary thought of dying was so shitty....
Even though i tried to find some good things of these trips and i did!

Unfortunately these trips effected me in a bad way for the next days/weeks maybe and months... i was thinking of them and get scared. Even now,almost 7 months later,i am still afraid to trip! (I havent tripped since then). But i know that i shouldn't, it was just an experience, nothing more!

When someone has a bad trip like this, i believe that he shoudlnt trip for a long time after and of course when he will trip he should go low dosing!

Happy shroomy year guys!

Offlinecatalyst777
soul searcher
Male User Gallery

#2220757 - 01/05/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tweexican said:
So a friend and I decided to trip late one night upon returning to campus from home one sunday night. We each ate about a quarter's worth of shrooms we figured since most of it was spores from the bottom of a bag. My friend has tripped a lot more than I have, but I on the other hand, have only tripped about 4 times. Anyways, it ended up being a disaster.

The trip came on pretty fast, since we decided to smoke a J right about a half hour after ingesting. It started out pretty fun since I went from taking a hit to seeing the grass melt into red flames, lets keep in mind I had never tripped this hard before. After they kicked in, we decided that we'd go inside and chill out in the room since it was cold as hell. Anyways, after getting inside, I felt this incredible tightness in the middle of my back. It was really uncomfortable, and the hard beating of my heart didnt help. As time passed (i have no idea how much exactly), i began to get concerned with how uncomfortable I was feeling. I started to get scared thinking for some reason I was going to have a heart attack. The beating of my heart became so intense that I decided to ask a friend to touch my chest and sure enough, his surprised/concerned look scared me even worse. I thought for sure I was going to die.

After a session of admittance to myself that if I was going to die, I realized I no longer had control over myself and began to drink about a half gallon of milk, since I've heard it brings down your trip.

Sure enough about 5 hours later, my trip ended and I tried to sleep, but laid in bed instead, still thinking about death.

Has anyone ever had a trip like this off of shrooms alone?

I have had those trips where I felt I was dying. I had that sensation two weeks ago, but my past experiences told me I wasn't going to die.

Don't consider it a bad trip. Consider it a learning experience. You were, at least in your mind, at the brink of death. But here you are; you're ok. For me, it took some of the fear out of death.

During the peak of several of my trips, it was almost unbearable. But after the peak, it usually turned into something beautiful. The "mountain" experience and the "valley of the shadow of death" experience all in one trip. A trip imitating life.

More and more, I try not to have any expectations going into a trip. I just go with the flow.

I hope you join us again on that psychedelic plane. It's an amazing place.

--------------------
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.

Aldous Huxley

Offlinecatalyst777
soul searcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Worst Trip [Re: Hamurabi]
    #2220809 - 01/05/04 02:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hamurabi said:
damn you reminded me my 2 last trips.... which were both bad trips...like yours... death trips!
ALthough i knew that i shouldn't panic i just could not control it.... it was too strong for me!
These were the 2 worst nights of my life, this scary thought of dying was so shitty....
Even though i tried to find some good things of these trips and i did!

Unfortunately these trips effected me in a bad way for the next days/weeks maybe and months... i was thinking of them and get scared. Even now,almost 7 months later,i am still afraid to trip! (I havent tripped since then). But i know that i shouldn't, it was just an experience, nothing more!

When someone has a bad trip like this, i believe that he shoudlnt trip for a long time after and of course when he will trip he should go low dosing!

Happy shroomy year guys!

Hmmm...this just wasn't my experience. Those bad trips turned into good trips when I embraced them. They ended up being religous experiences, and I'll never regret them.

I didn't back off. I kept doing big doses for some time. I found God and took a 4 year hiatus from shrooms. I just recently started again. The trips aren't as good anymore. Something is wanting. I think that time several years ago was a special window into the "other" that I may never experience again.

--------------------
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.

Aldous Huxley

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Worst Trip [Re: catalyst777]
    #2221051 - 01/05/04 04:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

More and more, I try not to have any expectations going into a trip. I just go with the flow.

Excellant advice. I try to do the same.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags