Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNapkin
Myco Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there
Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion *DELETED* [Re: Shroomism]
    #22463026 - 11/01/15 04:15 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Napkin

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2::mushroom2:
***Trade List***
***Wish List***

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: Napkin]
    #22463068 - 11/01/15 04:26 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry but no you didn't.. we were like world 25th and US 10th and we wiped on him for a month straight before downing him, that doesn't make much sense. If you were 105th to down him that was probably after the first nerf - patch 2.4.3, which happened like 2-3 days after we downed him.. they nerfed that encounter several times after. Not saying you're lying but you're probably just confused about which nerf. pre-nerf the enemies all had like 30% more HP than they did post-nerf, it took such tight precision it was disgusting. And I'm pretty sure less than 100 guilds even beat it pre-nerf. We seriously wiped to it 4-5 hours a night for a month straight to learn it, and downed it right before they nerfed it.

That pales in comparison to original Naxxramas though. That was the most insane PvE instance ever.
I think we were stuck on Four Horseman for almost 2 months. We got as far as Sapphiron before TBC came out.
Naxx was so fucking insane the amount of potions/flasks/gear it took on top of all 40 people on their absolute A game, making zero mistakes.. and such high amounts of raid coordination. I don't think they will ever do that again.

--------------------

InvisibleNapkin
Myco Doctor
 User Gallery

Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion *DELETED* [Re: Shroomism]
    #22463759 - 11/01/15 06:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Napkin

--------------------
***Trade List***
***Wish List***

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22464040 - 11/01/15 07:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

you said second attempt.. that's what threw me off :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Loc: Bottomless Pit Flag
    #22464645 - 11/01/15 10:07 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Napkin said:
I have played warcraft for the better part of 10 years now. The community really does make this game. You can take it to any level, play it casual or super hardcore. The PvP is super fun and competitive. The raid content is always being updated. If you take the time to really figure this game out, it can be pretty rewarding. Some of my nicest and best friends have come from warcraft. People I meet in game send me fucking Christmas presents.My friends in WoW call me up on my cell phone if they haven't heard from me, just cause.  I've even had some people help bail me out when I was in trouble financially just because we met and are friends in wow.  It's what you make of it, truly.

So true man, its the life blood of the game really.
One of my best friends I met through WoW, meet up every so often flying over to each others city.
We even got matching tattoos of Naxxramas on our legs!
Honestly no other game has given me a community as rewarding as what WoW gave me.
I must admit though just like real life WoW has a lot of shitty people to.

--------------------
:trippinballs: CHOOSE THIS LIFE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN :trippinballs:

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: SludgeCity]
    #22465231 - 11/02/15 02:01 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I just downloaded and played for a few hours :thumbup: It's free from 0-20

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: Shroomism]
    #22465258 - 11/02/15 02:38 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I definitely hear you on that, although it's not the same game for me anymore sadly, I can't play it.
I played for 5 years straight from Alpha and was in a super hardcore raiding and PvP guild..
Still have many good friends I am still in touch with and still game with in other games. Some of my old guildmates are some of my best friends.
It definitely had a community like no other.. many lasting bonds were made among the adventures.

I sold my toon at the end of Burning Crusade, game started going downhill. Most of my guild quit.
Got sucked back in for WoTLK, it was alright but not the same game anymore. Quit again.
Came back for Cataclysm... once again.. not the same game.
Just couldn't get back into it. Vanilla was the glory days, TBC was alright.. but after that the game went to shit if you ask me.
It's a casual player's game now. I was 110% hardcore, so that killed it for me.

Nothing Blizzard ever makes in WoW again will ever come close to the original Naxxramas... and that was the absolute pinnacle of PvE for me. I could write a 10 page essay on it.
The battlefields went to shit after resilience. Although I hear they are getting rid of that, and normalizing the HP pools....
sounds like they are trying to steer it back towards Vanilla with this expansion....
the only problem with that is that it will never be the same again.... they've homogenized the classes way too much, along with countless other changes.

I started Vanilla the fall before TBC came out, it kind of sucked, I social networked my way into a decent guild and got carried all the way through AQ40 and even Patchwerk wing of Naxx..... It wasn't exciting for me until TBC, which was a reset, and a chance to actually work my way into the top guild on the server and get gladiator status in arenas....  The game went to shit as soon as they dropped Vashj/Kael BT attunements and eventually nerfed all the bosses health by 30% or damage done or something like that... That was the death of WoW imho.  When pugs could take down Vashj/Kael & Illidan that was pretty disgusting imho.  I had an spriest that was doing something like 1700-1800dps in Sunwell, was pretty fuckin' decent when all I was really there for was being manna battery/mass dispel character..... I didn't really enjoy the game after Felmyst, didn't care for Eredar Twins, M'uru was fucking impossible with my guild that constantly had somebody w/ a shitty ISP drop connection. There was literally no point in even fucking trying if one player was d/c'd.  I quit before the nerf.  Just remembering that makes me mad lol.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #22465416 - 11/02/15 05:52 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I've played since vanilla, and I think I like it way better now. Vanilla was all about hardcore. I remember I was so proud of my breaking level 40 warrior after spending like 100-200 hours playing. Once BC came out, I was able to reach level cap though. I wasn't much of a power leveler and I still am not.

But WoW still has it's hardcore qualities, it's just optional now. Any person at level cap can play some dungeons and get some decent gear. But if you wanna get a whole set, or just get the best gear, you're gonna have to spend a couple hours playing a dungeon and doing your job to make sure your team doesn't wipe this time. And usually you'll only get one or two pieces of really good gear you can use.

Or you have to spend hours and hours pvping(and doing good) to get some of the best PVP sets they have.

--------------------

InvisibleNapkin
Myco Doctor
 User Gallery

Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion *DELETED* [Re: Achillita]
    #22465442 - 11/02/15 06:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Napkin

--------------------
***Trade List***
***Wish List***

OfflineRoostertail

#22465451 - 11/02/15 06:19 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't WoW mess with your head?

I swear I still hear the looting noise of gold after I turn the pf off

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: Roostertail]
    #22465468 - 11/02/15 06:30 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

WoW definately messes with my head if I no life it for a bit. It'll start popping up in my dreams and stuff too.

--------------------

OfflineRoostertail

Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: Achillita]
    #22465510 - 11/02/15 06:53 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I remember when I was young murmuring to my girlfriend at the time over the phone "that's how I survive".  I was half asleep thinking about my hunter.

On the positive side Darnassus really influenced me and I always found it a peaceful place to hangout.  I also liked fishing in Booty Bay.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22467057 - 11/02/15 03:22 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
I started Vanilla the fall before TBC came out, it kind of sucked, I social networked my way into a decent guild and got carried all the way through AQ40 and even Patchwerk wing of Naxx..... It wasn't exciting for me until TBC, which was a reset, and a chance to actually work my way into the top guild on the server and get gladiator status in arenas....  The game went to shit as soon as they dropped Vashj/Kael BT attunements and eventually nerfed all the bosses health by 30% or damage done or something like that... That was the death of WoW imho.  When pugs could take down Vashj/Kael & Illidan that was pretty disgusting imho.  I had an spriest that was doing something like 1700-1800dps in Sunwell, was pretty fuckin' decent when all I was really there for was being manna battery/mass dispel character..... I didn't really enjoy the game after Felmyst, didn't care for Eredar Twins, M'uru was fucking impossible with my guild that constantly had somebody w/ a shitty ISP drop connection. There was literally no point in even fucking trying if one player was d/c'd.  I quit before the nerf.  Just remembering that makes me mad lol.

Vanilla was good if you into it from the beginning, but I could see coming in 3/4s of the way through would kind of suck.
We opened the AQ gates on our server, that was the most ridiculous fun I think I've EVER had in any video game ever.
I've probably told the story before but fuck it..

We were the #1 guild on the server and the #1 horde guild was just behind us by a few bosses. We were trying to open the AQ gates, but they were competing with us and wanted to stop us from doing it and open it themselves.

If you know anything about opening the AQ gates, it's a ridiculously long and extensive quest chain.. requiring (from memory), like 48,000 silithid carapaces from Silithus (bug farming), kill all world dragons, several world events, and one of the last things is completing a full BWL clear in 5 hours? (or 3, cant remember). That's just from what I remember, but there was a ton of other stuff.

Anyway we were pushing hard on that shit, we had completed mostly everything and were just trying to finish the world dragons and the BWL clear then we could ring the gong and open the gates. But this horde guild had it out for us hard. They had spies in our guild and in our vent server and would know when we were doing world events, then would bring their whole guild plus like 3 other horde guilds to cockblock us and wipe us during dragon attempts. It was an all out war.

Soon we started bringing in like 3-4 alliance guilds to flank us and guard us during world dragons, so they would protect us from the horde as we did the dragons. It was fucking intense.. like 250+ players in a small area... one time we crashed the whole server.

Anyway we basically told them look dudes, just fuck off and let us do our shit, and we will wait for you to complete your quest line too, then we can both ring the gong at the same time. (Two people could potentially ring the gong and both qualify for the AQ mount if they rang it within 12 hours of the first ring). So it would have been a win/win.. we open the AQ gates together. They agreed, but then the next dragon we did, they were there again to fuck with us. So we were like alright this means war.

Anyway we had our own spies as well, and we ended up completing all the world events so all we had was our 5 hour BWL clear. Sure enough, the horde guild was there to fuck with us in Blackrock mountain as soon as we started, but they failed because we had backup. So we completed the 5 hour clear, did whatever else was left, went to Silithus and rang the Gong.
Horde guild found out and went nuts, they only had 1 dragon left and the BWL clear, so they were frantically going for it. But since they decided to fuck with us, we were going to fuck them. Someone got in their vent during their BWL clear, and during an especially crazy part started screaming out wrong directions and basically just confusing the fuck out of people. They wiped.

We were waiting for them as they tried running back into Blackrock, killed the fuck out of all of them and just spawn camped them for the next hour and a half.
We completely fucked over their 5 hour clear. They were so fucking pissed. It was epic.

We opened the gates alone, our GL got the AQ bug mount and title and then quit the game shortly after TBC came out >.<

I drudged it through to the end of TBC... our guild died in Vanilla and I ended up switching servers and joining an even more hardcore guild.
Ended up being one of the first rogues to get dual warglaives (maybe first 20?).. after I saw that one dual warglaive EU rogue sell for 7k? euros I started getting ideas..
We had BWL on farm and cleared Sunwell pre-nerf and had all that on farm no problem, then THAT guild burned out and everyone started quitting including me
So I sold my toon for 5k. Made a new toon for the next two expansions but game just sucked at that point. I leveled back up to cap and raided and Arena'd and everything. It's just not the same for me anymore at all.

--------------------

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Re: New WoW Expansion! Rise of The Legion [Re: Roostertail]
    #22468925 - 11/02/15 10:40 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Roostertail said:
Doesn't WoW mess with your head?

I swear I still hear the looting noise of gold after I turn the pf off

Funny you say that I remember one of my friends telling me about his experiences with Ketamine.
Also being a massive fan of the whole Warcraft series not just WoW (read the books, followed all the lore ect.) told me that during his first K-Hole he swears he was walking around in Orgrimmar with the whole city thriving with people like it would on a server.
Fucking nuts.
:mindblown:

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#22471169 - 11/03/15 01:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yah dude the rep grinds in vanilla were just evil, lol, I can't believe people put up with that bullshit.  I ran that 20 man, ZG, so many fucking times even starting way late in Vanilla and got nowhere w/ whatever it was.... Zandalar for enchants.... It was just evil.

I liked the attunement to MC, that 5 man dungeon BRD was just a motherfuckin' dungeon with so many things you could go there for to do, they didn't make anything like it after that, all the dungeons were very streamlined :boring:...  I remember all sorts of little tricks like lava hopping to get people attuned quicker.

What I found really disappointing was later they just removed things like needing to CC mobs, really thinking it out and timing them with pats,  mobs running away and needing to hamstring them before they hit packs of pats, all of that shit vanished from the game after TBC.  I think players fire quit breaking a lot of CC, warlocks had glyphs that made their fear stand in place, all the game mechanics that made a dungeon a game that you had to play intelligently were removed.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22471532 - 11/03/15 03:07 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

lol tell me about. I was exalted in almost EVERY single rep before TBC came out.
Even wintersaber mount... yeah.. I grinded that fucking mount.. you want to talk about a grind lol
I grinded it with a buddy, every day after our raids for about 4 hours. We tallied it up... was something like 22,000? trips between Frostsaber rock (at the top of winterfall) and Winterfall Village.. roughly a ~8 minute run one way and then stop at the village to kill 10 furbolgs.. run back.. repeat.

That was the worst rep to grind.. by far. We are talking grinding it out every day, for at least a year.

And yeah I agree completely with your last sentence. After TBC they just start gutting the fucking mechanics of the game. What used to take skill to accomplish became roll face on keyboard, collect loot. They even made retard friendly fire. There was just so many different ways they ruined the game for me.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#22472009 - 11/03/15 04:49 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
lol tell me about. I was exalted in almost EVERY single rep before TBC came out.
Even wintersaber mount... yeah.. I grinded that fucking mount.. you want to talk about a grind lol
I grinded it with a buddy, every day after our raids for about 4 hours. We tallied it up... was something like 22,000? trips between Frostsaber rock (at the top of winterfall) and Winterfall Village.. roughly a ~8 minute run one way and then stop at the village to kill 10 furbolgs.. run back.. repeat.

That was the worst rep to grind.. by far. We are talking grinding it out every day, for at least a year.

And yeah I agree completely with your last sentence. After TBC they just start gutting the fucking mechanics of the game. What used to take skill to accomplish became roll face on keyboard, collect loot. They even made retard friendly fire. There was just so many different ways they ruined the game for me.

TBC was a pretty difficult game though, I beat Gruul before the nerf, it was pretty insane being clothed in the spellpower gear from the shattrath faction, you had so little health, maybe 4k or so as a mage... You had to have combat text to read cave ins and get out of them or they'd 1 shot you, the shatters were insane, the enrage was insane..... They nerfed him pretty quickly, within weeks. I beat Kael/Vashj when it was the end game as a mage and quit and sold to go to a festival :lol:  and bought again and rerolled a priest.  It was really bizarre cuz the guy who bought my pimped out PVE character bought it to PVP for like $500....  I dunno about you but I found SSC & TK to be way better instances than Hyjal & BT, they were just easy in comparison.  Things didn't get nuts again until Sunwell.  Too nuts for me unfortunately.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22472264 - 11/03/15 05:37 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I found SSC to be really relaxing.. I enjoyed that instance a lot actually.. TK was pretty fun as well. Kael was one of the funner boss fights.
Hyjal was meh and BT was alright, although nothing really all that challenging. Also did Gruul pre nerf and ya he was a bitch at first.
Sunwell was pretty fucking hard as balls when they first released it, we got through the first few bosses fairly quick but holy fucking cockblock of M'uru pre nerf, that fight was tuned to disgusting level, I'd put it ALMOST on par with four horsemen in vanilla naxx, which was harder and tighter tuned.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#22472377 - 11/03/15 05:57 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I found SSC to be really relaxing.. I enjoyed that instance a lot actually.. TK was pretty fun as well. Kael was one of the funner boss fights.
Hyjal was meh and BT was alright, although nothing really all that challenging. Also did Gruul pre nerf and ya he was a bitch at first.
Sunwell was pretty fucking hard as balls when they first released it, we got through the first few bosses fairly quick but holy fucking cockblock of M'uru pre nerf, that fight was tuned to disgusting level, I'd put it ALMOST on par with four horsemen in vanilla naxx, which was harder and tighter tuned.

I ninja transferred to a better guild for Sunwell and was specifically asked if I had a rock solid connection, which I did, so I was a bit embittered to find out that much of their guild did not.  Sometimes we'd waste hours on Eredar Twins because of stupid people who couldn't strafe out and conflaged the raid or just hit the enrage once you dropped down and bunched up.  How they were a top 20 US guild before the last 3 bosses, I know not.... All I know is M'uru was out of my control, I sat there and soaked the boss and mass dispelled darkness, from my point of view, my job was easy as fuck.  All I knew was summer was coming and I wasn't spending mine that way....  I was a quitter and am glad I did 'cuz that guild didn't get M'uru down until after the nerf and then like pretty much one shot KJ.  I would have went insane.

--------------------

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

#22472722 - 11/03/15 07:00 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Speaking of rep grinds I loved the egg hunting for the Netherwing mount & running around as a Fel-orc was pretty dope.

The racing quests also on that island was pretty amusing to.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale