Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush in Bagdad: CHeck this one out! [Re: G a n j a]
    #2210448 - 12/30/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Sure. Having read his previous posts on Bush, It's not a jump

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: Bush in Bagdad: CHeck this one out! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2212254 - 12/31/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

it's funny how quickly people come to the defense of Bush for the smallest things... If I became a politician, I'd love to have loyal groupies :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Bush in Bagdad: CHeck this one out! [Re: mantis]
    #2212262 - 12/31/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Defending someone for the smallest things isn't that hard. It's defending the major fuck-ups that requires some serious loyalty.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2212282 - 12/31/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's funny how people don't know the difference between coming to someone's defense and pointing out foolishness.

Finding humor in that pic would be no different than finding humor in leaving on a lens cap.

Frankly Bush makes a crappy conservative, but even if that pic wasn't photoshopped, it was posted because the poster has made clear his disdain for Bush. If he's never left a lens cap on himself, OK. I doubt he's that good however seeing as he's taken thousands of pics. As such it makes him appear to be quite the hypocrite.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush in Bagdad: CHeck this one out! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2212286 - 12/31/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If you were to spend enough time looking, you'd find people that actually defend what Bush does. However I think you'll find that most here do not defend Bush, but merely point out the errors in statements made by those who don't have their facts straight.

There is a difference.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (12/31/03 04:36 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2212362 - 12/31/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

And yet those who "point out errors" also seem to vote for Bush, and defend that choice by claiming he was the "best of bad choices." :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2212403 - 12/31/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's been awhile since you've made such a moronic statement.

Those who dislike Bush don't care. Some who make the errors do so deliberately.

And unless you're claiming that you'd deliberately vote for the worst of the choices, then that jab was just foolish. So tell me.... would you vote for the candidate you consider to be the worse choice? Or would you vote for the candidate you consider to be the better choice?

While you ponder such a mind bogglingly difficult question, grow the fuck up.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2212420 - 12/31/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Here's a hint: Bush wasn't the best of bad choices. Nor was Gore. There were other choices.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2212431 - 12/31/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Are you now going to try and tell me the other choices stood a chance of winning?

If you're suggesting you voted for the "other choices", where did it get you? 3 years + of the guy you didn't want. And it appears another 4 are fairly certain.

Now, you may think you made some marvelous wise statement, but all you did was to be certain the guy you seem to dislike the most, and whom it appears you think was the worst possible choice, got into office.

Nice strategy Slick. But it's not the strategy I'd use.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2212459 - 12/31/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That's fine. I'm just clarifying the fact that Bush wasn't the best of bad choices. Just one of the two mainstream choices.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2212476 - 12/31/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Nah. To all extents and purposes, in an election that close... They were the only two choices.

I know, I know, many say making a statement is a good enough reason to vote third party.... and in a normal election I'd agree with you.

I don't know if you were old enough to vote in that election, I obviously was. I was faced with a choice. Vote for the guy I truly wanted and face the fact my vote may have helped get a man into office that I feel would be disasterous for this country, or vote for a guy that while not exactly what I wanted, was about as close as I could hope for. And at the same time keep Gore out of office? Two bad choices, one was going to win. I made a choice, I stand by it. I'll do it again if necessary. Now, if some here are foolish enough to believe I think Bush is even a mediocre president, well then they are fools. As a conservative the man is a joke.

Now you do what you wish, but in my eyes anyone who in that situation votes in a manner which can help the worse of the two candidates that stand a chance of winning win the office, has as much standing when it comes to complaining as someone who didn't bother to vote at all. For that's pretty much what they did.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2212954 - 01/01/04 05:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry lucdemshrooms but I do not use and never have used a lens cap on my camera. and in the early 1970s when I first used a camera to take shroom images, i always usd my lens cap form my old pentax to put by a shroom to measure it and then left the lens cap ont he ground. I lost over five or six lens caps between 1977 and 1986. After that i stopped buying them.

This year I took 5400 photographs with my nikon digital and I do not use the lens ca;p which came with the camera.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2212955 - 01/01/04 05:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I did not vote for any of those fuckers who run for any public office because they are not there for me. only for theirselves and their families and they are not worth my vote to begain with. Evil fucking politicians only take care of theirselves and no one else. as in all jobs. one takes care of his family. that is why he has a job.

I in good conscious could never vote for a single individual who takes an oath to uphold the laws of the land, laws which would put me in jail for what I believe in (Pot Shrooms, etc). So if I voted for them that would mean that I approve of what they will support after being elected to public office and I cannot support someone who would hurt me by arresting me for my beliefs.

mj

Bottom line. In my 60 years I have never voted for anyone and I have gotten along fine without any of them.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2212956 - 01/01/04 05:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

See right there is another problem.. Your choices.. Are they really choices? Since they tell you who to vote for to being with.

mj

And remember, while anyone can be president, only one actually gets the job. That is one out of almost 280,000,000 people. No odds in that.

In fsact you stand a better chance of winning the lottery than of having your choice for president being elected.

And then again, if they print up the ballads, it is there choice who runs, not yours.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush in Bagdad: CHeck this one out! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2212982 - 01/01/04 06:55 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You may not use lens caps now, but I'll never in a million years believe anyone who tells me they haven't ever left a lens cap on a camera at least once.

Unless of course you were some kind of miracle child.

And as long as you don't vote, your political opinions are worth shit.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2213200 - 01/01/04 12:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

And as long as you don't vote, your political opinions are worth shit.

Since I do not vote, I have no political opinions or desires for that matter.

And if I have no [political opinions then there can be no shit to be worth to begin with.

And as an ex vet, I say fuck the white house and every thing it stands for. May someone blow it completely off the face of the earth. I owe allegiance to no man or country. I am of the earth and am a complete free spirit.

Edited by mjshroomer (01/01/04 12:54 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2213237 - 01/01/04 01:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Right

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2213271 - 01/01/04 01:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The neocons arn't gonna like that MJ..

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #2213794 - 01/01/04 07:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I registered to vote as soon as I could, but I didn't notice an increase in the meaningfulness of my opinion :grin:

I just get this unsatisfying feeling like "Wow, I guess I sort of made a difference in a way"  :frown:

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#2217725 - 01/04/04 01:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hehe... that is a funny-ass picture, but it doesn't mean he's a doof. I've done that before. and SO HAVE YOU, if you've ever used anything that has a lens cap.
All presidents have gaffs like that, and because they're in such a high position.. they're always pointed out and laughed at.
Hell, I think Gerald Ford may have been singly responsible for keeping Saturday Night Live, alive.
And remember Bob Dole's tumble off a stage? Gold.
What about Al Gore? Well, he got lost in the woods outside DC while on a hunt, back in the early days of the Clinton years. LOST IN THE WOODS OUTSIDE DC! If you've ever been there, you'd realize.. man, I just really hope he was just out there wandering around totally wasted, because it's either that or he's never seen more than two trees at the same time.
It happens. And if it was a photoshop job, wellsir then Boooo. Bush's done plenty of completely ridiculous things that we don't need to make any up.

Here's some actual quotes I'm stealing out of my two George W. Bushisms books, feel free to laugh at them, they're real. He's really not a great public speaker, but personally I think it beats Al Gore's scolding-teacher style any day of the week..

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"

Gov Bush: "I talked to my little brother, Jeb -- I haven't told this to many people. But he's the governor of -- I shouldn't call him my little brother -- my brother, Jeb, the great governor of Texas."
Jim Lehrer: "Florida."
Gov Bush: "Florida. The state of Florida."

"We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the gerat country called America will be the pacemakers."

"I don't know wheter I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And if not, that's just the way it goes."

"I want each and every American to know for certain that I'm responsible for the decisions I make, and each of you are as well."

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds