Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #22127696 - 08/22/15 04:04 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

There's no reason whatsoever to get a mech mod when you have the option of going regulated. The only reason for having one outside of portability is that they don't have a chip so they're great, reliable BACKUP devices..

There's a lot of people in the vaping community that subscribe to the idea of keeping vaping "pure" by only using mechs. That is absolute bullshit.

I'll tell you the reasons why. First and foremost, the ability to regulate your wattage and voltage makes it so you can run just about any build you can dream of in your atomizers. In mechs you are really limited in comparison when it comes to different builds.
With that power control at your fingertips you'll be able to create more vapor and flavor than you could ever dream of with a mech.

The second reason is battery life. A regulated box will last you just about all day with two 18650 batteries. With mechs you are constantly firing your batteries at the maximum power it's capable of. That means having to carry around spare batteries constantly and switching them up a couple times a day.
The overall battery life (charge cycles) will also increase with a regulated mod.

Lastly, you're paying just about the same amount for a mech vs regulated. This along should keep you away from buying mechanical.

I have quite a bit of experience handling most of the popular regulated mods on the market right now due to my job. So, if you'd like a recommendation let me know. If you're dead set on being stupid and getting a mech, I can try to help you out as well. Currently have a Nemesis Mech Tube (Copper) for sale or trade and a Cherry Bomber Dual Mech Box.

I honestly rather not make money off of you selling them just so you get a more useful product.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Edited by kr0nik0 (08/22/15 04:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: kr0nik0]
    #22128338 - 08/22/15 07:22 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Well, the thing is, it's free. My homie's hookin' me up with it. He uses a regulated mod, a Sigelli (sp?), and his girlfriend uses a SMPL mech mod. I like the mech mod :shrug:

Did I mention that it's free???

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
    #22128366 - 08/22/15 07:29 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Also, I really appreciate your advice. Like, a lot.

And I definitely will be getting a regulated mod somewhere down the road. I really love the Kangertech Suboxes. The problem is that I can't really drop much money on anything right now, and it seems all the good regulated mods are rather expensive.

I suppose I could get one cheap on fast-tech, but I don't wanna wait a year and a half for my mod :lolsy:

Y'know, you're the first person to try and steer me away from Mechs, so you've given me some stuff to think about. I've only been in one vape shop before, but everyone there was in love with theirs. And I really dig my homie's girlfriend's SMPL. But, like I said, you've definitely given me some things to think about.

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #22128610 - 08/22/15 08:56 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Mech mods are ok and all... but I had so many fucking headaches with them over 4 or 5 different mechs.

Once you go to a nice regulated box mod... it's really hard to ever justify wanting to use a mech again.
.... unless your goal in life is to fire 0.001 ohm coils and blow yourself up or something.

Battery life... safety features... ease of use... lack of shorts.. just about everything is better on a regulated mod.

Really... regulated box mods are just as cheap if not cheaper than "Authentic" mech mods. I've seen "Authentic" mech mods selling for $300+.. for a fucking tube of metal. I picked up my Sigelei 150w for $90.
Unless you are buying mech mod clones.. in which all bets are off. Not had the best experiences with clones.

But yeah you can't beat free. But definitely look at getting a good quality regulated device at some point. 

--------------------

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: Shroomism]
    #22128981 - 08/22/15 10:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I actually brought my old Caravela clone mech mod back into commission recently just for the fuck of it

But my Sigelei is superior to it in every way

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #22129164 - 08/22/15 11:28 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

yea regulated mods ftw

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #22129295 - 08/23/15 12:32 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:

I've had a sigelei mech I've been using the last 2 years, with my next upgrade I'm going with the Sig 150

Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #22129592 - 08/23/15 04:24 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
Aren't all Aspire coil heads interchangeable? 

I used an aspire triton last week, it was a really nice tank.

shut the front door.....for real?
if they're all interchangable (and i'm going to do some googling on that now) for aspire....hell i'm getting the atlantis today. just for fun. but i have to see how the coils are....rebuilding nautilus coils is a pain in the ass....not enough room in there.

rebuilding subtank coils (even the disposable ones) is really easy. it's that damn vertical coil that makes it hard.

i'm so close to giving up cigs completely...but i have one issue. i blow glass. and i do it with a cig hanging out of my mouth (bad i know....nasty) and i can't do that with a vape device. i'm thinking maybe an e-hookah that i can just "lip" the hose/mouthpiece and let it hang from my mouth.

yeah..i'm a nicotine freak.

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #22129880 - 08/23/15 08:07 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:

I've had a sigelei mech I've been using the last 2 years, with my next upgrade I'm going with the Sig 150

Extremely solid choice.
Sigelei and Innokin are the two best companies in the industry right now when it comes to mod function, power application, computer/board technology, and durability.

The Sig 150 has been my primary device for the last.. oh, about 2-3 months. I absolutely love it and recommend it to not only my friends but all my customers as well when they're looking to upgrade.

With that said, I just ordered a Sigelei 75w TC and that one may be a lot better choice for you too. The 150 is a really bulky box compared to a single battery mech while the 75tc can fit in the palm of your hand. The added benefit of having temperature control is huge. It's just nice to have even if you only use it rarely.

Best thing about it is, the 150 still sells for $60-$80 being outdated while the brand new 75tc only runs for $50.
If you feel like you absolutely need 150w of power, then you could just wait for the Sig150TC to come out in the following few weeks for $90.

--------------------

mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

#22129882 - 08/23/15 08:09 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I apologize for being so abrasive in my post but I'm glad you understood and took into consideration the points I was making. :thumbup:

If you're getting yourself a free mech, awesome! I assumed you were in the market for a mod and still undecided on which one.

Would you be upgrading to this mech? If so, what set up are you currently using to vape?

--------------------

mad to be saved,

OfflineLiquidVisions
Consumes Psychoactive Material
 User Gallery

#22142308 - 08/25/15 06:17 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

So I just picked up a new bottle of cosmic fogs milk and honey and it's the best damn liquid I've ever gotten! It's in celebration of the uk finding that ecigs are 95% less dangerous than cigarettes and the most effective way to quit smoking. Happy vaping everyone!

--------------------
Step 1: Stare at this for 30 seconds

Step 2: Look at this after following step one

Step 3: Enjoy the mini trip :trippinbawelz:

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: The Vaping Thread [Re: LiquidVisions]
    #22142391 - 08/25/15 06:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Right on. It's definitely in my top 3 favorite juices.
There's another flavor by Cosmic Fog that's almost as good but I can't remember the name of it right now. (i'll look it up later)
Everyone I know that's tried the Cosmic Fog line in general has stated that it's also one their favorite juices.

Only problem is the price. How much do you pay in the UK for 30ml of it?

--------------------

mad to be saved,

OfflineLiquidVisions
Consumes Psychoactive Material
 User Gallery

#22142494 - 08/25/15 06:58 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Well I actually live in the us but I read about what happened in the uk. I picked up 15 ml for $12.

--------------------
Step 1: Stare at this for 30 seconds

Step 2: Look at this after following step one

Step 3: Enjoy the mini trip :trippinbawelz:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]