Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejeremyb
Stranger
creeper strain potency
    #2185964 - 12/17/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Haven't heard any reports yet of the strength of these and my curious mind ponders an answer.

--------------------
peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: creeper strain potency [Re: jeremyb]
    #2186020 - 12/17/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

cubes are cubes, any diffrence in potency wouldn't be noticable by bioassy, the mind is a powerful thing,

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: John]
    #2186163 - 12/17/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've been blown away by creepers.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: HATU]
    #2186581 - 12/17/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've been blow away by koh samuri, creeper, equador, ossira india, pesh, malabar, gulf coast, F+, B+ ect. ect. and I really can't tell a diffrence between strains. Set and setting have far more affect than 1 or 2mg more psilocybin/psilocin.

--------------------

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

#2186739 - 12/17/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Personally I'm almost always in the mountains when I trip and I'm with the same people. We could all tell a huge difference between EQs, Creepers, KSs, ect. I know there is no scientific proof, but there are definitely differences in strains.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2186755 - 12/17/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have noticed a difference in potency from strain to strain... but when I actually sat down to think about it... it was more like crop to crop rather strain to strain. I've had Hawaiians that knocked me out of my shoes on one crop and Hawaiians that didn't give me much more then a body buzz on the next crop. Same goes for other strains I've come in contact with.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

#2187400 - 12/18/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jtryptamine said:
the mind is a powerful thing

if you go into a trip thinking your eating creepers and they are alot
more potent than other strains, chances are they will be. psychedelics
are weird, I've had 3g trips that were just intense as 10g trips, from the
same mush. I guarantee if I gave you some creeper and then some eq's
in a BLIND test you would not be able to tell the diffrence.

--------------------

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

#2189246 - 12/19/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe not, maybe so. I'm not making any claims about potentcy, I don't think strain has much to do with that. The vibe, or just certain features of a trip are strain specific in my experience. For instance EQs and Creepers are both great strains, but I could tell them apart no questions asked. But "The mind is a powerful thing." is absolutley right.

Anonymous

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: jeremyb]
    #2190358 - 12/19/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I believe there is most definitely a difference in potency between the strains...I didn't really think there would be until I experienced it for myself...I'm not sure about creepers tho I have not tried them but I've heard nothing but good things so they should be potent

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: creeper strain potency [Re: ]
    #2195018 - 12/22/03 02:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There has been scientifically demonstrated differences in potency between spore races of cubensis. When you consider that these variations were of around .1-.2% psilocin in Stivje and Demeijer's study, at large dosages above 4 grams this difference can be considerable.
Try 4 grams of cambodians or argentineans then four grams of B+ for comparison and i guarantee the difference will surprise you. Grow all the above off millet ofcourse.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2195256 - 12/22/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Have you tried them in a blind test!?! I fuckin guarantee you would not be able to tell the diffrence. You can trip harder off 2g than 10g off the same batch of shrooms depending on alot of factors. There have been many drug discriminatory test in which people couldn't tell the diffrence between two completly diffrent substances, your claim that one would notice a diffrence of 0.1-0.2% is rediculious imo. FUCKIN MINDSET WORKS WONDERS!

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2195310 - 12/22/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Creeper and Thai lipa are the two strains I have tried. Same exact thing, IMO.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: sirreal]
    #2196222 - 12/22/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I believe those are both Thais, so that would make sense.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2196479 - 12/22/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HATU said:
I believe those are both Thais, so that would make sense.

Actually, creeper is either Cambodian or Amazonian. I remember John Allen posting the origin of that strain sometime ago. To bad the search is down.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (12/22/03 07:36 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#2207192 - 12/29/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yawn.
Firstly the blind tests that you are refering to are questionable to say the least and i find it laughable that you are trying to base your argument on them. To suggest that 'seasoned users of psychedelics' could not discern upon blind administration of these agents, which of them they had actually injested ONLY demonstrates that these users were not actually experienced at all. And these studies ofcourse provide no factual evidence other than the doctor's contention that these participants have ever used these substances.
If you yourself had much experience with the use of psychoactive agents even mentioning this study would be a misnomer. Even if a seasoned user could not discern what the substance he had consumed was, the timeframe by which the experience took place would quickly yield the answer as to what the substance was.
If you injest psilocybin - you get low blood sugar levels at onset and an experience that lasts 6 hours at the most. If you consume LSD you get more visual activity, blood sugar levels are not as effected but the experience lasts longer (other than a threshold dose)
If you consume Mescaline or related agents you get stomach issues that the above to rarely yield.
The idea that the maajority of people on this site would not be able to discern blind between psychoactives that they have experience with would be insulting to most of them and really is a fucking stupid point to suggest. You refer to tryptamines in your own name, so are you telling me you can tell the difference between DMT and an ergot-based hallucinagen?

I have never consummed mushrooms blind, because i dont have any infantile point to prove to the rest of the world about what i already know to be true. Ive probably tried 90% of the cubensis sporeraces - im sure you've tried three or four. Ive consummed about 14 different Psilocybin-bearing species, so i feel that my experience has always been the best guide for me - and i could list a lot of users who would respect what i have to say.
The differences between cubensis strains are negible - they are minute - i never denied that.
But if you consumed a large enough amount YOU WILL NOTICE DIFFERENCES - eg B+ vs Cambodians - you can ask most mushroom cultivators of experience: Uma Guma, Major Millet, Lizard, Hongus, Baraka, Roadkill and they will all tell you the same. You will notice the difference between these two mushroom spore races in terms of potency.
Im not sure where you 0.1 -0.2 quote camefrom - The study i quoted demonstrated a difference more in that magnitude of 0.3 psilocin - but it is irrelevant to the sporeraces of mushrooms i was personally relating to. SInce no study of their alkaloid content exists, your talking from your own opinion - all be it a illinformed one...
As for set and setting - your a beginner mate face it. We are all well versed in the impact of set and setting, and Terance McKenna was with me in saying that its over-rated.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2207577 - 12/29/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

:sigh: seems like an alpha-male struggle to me...

Yeah I'm a beginner, I have no idea what I'm talking about I Know :rolleyes: I'm sure I would have just a big a list as yours (if not bigger) of people that would respect what I would have to say in the 4 months I've been here, I've tried many of the cube strains as well, just to let you know how long someone has been at this site dosn't reflect how much they know. I'll admit I haven't had much experience with other species seeing as I live in florida and haven't had much luck with woodlovers, but we're talking about strains here.

Quote:

As for set and setting - your a beginner mate face it. We are all well versed in the impact of set and setting, and Terance McKenna was with me in saying that its over-rated.

yeah and the thousands who have tripped harder off 2 grams than 10 are just ignorant fools compared to you, I know.

Quote:

Im not sure where you 0.1 -0.2 quote camefrom- The study i quoted demonstrated a difference more in that magnitude of 0.3 psilocin - but it is irrelevant to the sporeraces of mushrooms i was personally relating to. SInce no study of their alkaloid content exists, your talking from your own opinion - all be it a illinformed one...

you said...

Quote:

There has been scientifically demonstrated differences in potency between spore races of cubensis. When you consider that these variations were of around .1-.2% psilocin in Stivje and Demeijer's study, at large dosages above 4 grams this difference can be considerable.

yeah me and my illinformed opnions, I can't imagine where I got that from.

have you ever eaten psilocybin extracted from fruitbodys? I really doubt it, you would not be able to tell the diffrence between a 20mg dose and a 22mg dose I guarantee. Your so headstrong that your right and so am I so theres no point in continuing this argument, a blind test would settle this but I'm sure you wouldn't trust me to report actually findings just as much as I wouldn't you. chill :sun:

--------------------

Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
    #2208287 - 12/29/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes there is a noticable diffrance.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: creeper strain potency [Re: ant61]
    #2208600 - 12/29/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

While I'm not tryin to start anything here, I'm just gonna throw this out there.
I've met many, many people who've done many, many more drugs, and varieties of drugs, than I have. While some of them I would say know what they're talking about when they speak, as many I wouldn't trust to tie my shoes for me for fear I'd end up tripping over them halfway through the day.

Discussion generally leads to the best end results.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#2208908 - 12/29/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wuv u 2... :smile: :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag