Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesalviasandwich
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

In 2016 Sally D. WILL become illegal schedule IV, Canada
    #22088385 - 08/13/15 05:51 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry fellow canucks as of August 12, 2015, there has been a change in the legal status of Salvia divinorum (Diviners sage) plants. Health Canada has decided to ban the plant

and, effective in 180 days from August 12, 2015, it will no longer be legal to cultivate, grow or possess this plant in Canada. source seems like my salvia divinorum plants are legal for now but only 180ish days longer after which they'll schedule IV it, schedule IV includes steroids, khat and barbiturates. Production of a Schedule IV drug: Maximum 3 years imprisonment. Though, a Canadian growing a handful of plants could hardly be considered for the maximum sentence but more as personal use. When will harper(and friends) learn government cannot Ban a plant, so stupid.  :facepalm3: Basically if your a trippy Canadian with out a plant, you got aboout 180 days I want you to stock up on S. divinorum, I suggest acquiring a live one eh and you best giv'R. b4 it's to late! :smile:

Edit:
Read through the whole bill:takingnotes:
-Vol. 149, No. 16 of CONTROLLED DRUGS AND SUBSTANCES ACT-- they're calling this 'thing' an amendment on Scedule IV

Soo this is what I've gathered
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1. amendment in effect exactly 180 days from aug. 12 2015. This means it'll be in Effect on Feb. 14, 2016. (correct me if im wrong)

-2. When enforced the Amendment will list salvia divinorum as a scedule IV drug,
Quote:

Salvia divinorum (S. divinorum), its preparations and derivatives, including:(1) Salvinorin A ((2S,4aR,6aR,7R,9S,10aS,10bR)-9-(acetyloxy)-2-(3-furanyl)dodecahydro-6a,10b-dimethyl-4,10-dioxo-2H-naphtho[2,1-c]pyran-7-carboxylic acid methyl ester)

-3. Canucks are not entitled to SELL or BUY any salvia products. Including
  -Dry leaf
  -extracts+pure salvorin
  -Live plants

-4. ""First, this Order will add S. divinorum and its preparations and derivatives to Schedule IV to the CDSA. This will prohibit the production+(extraction/live plants)+, trafficking+(aka selling)+, possession for the purposes of trafficking, importation and exportation+(this means the border)+ and possession for the purposes of exportation of these substances+(Don't get nailed with this offence)+, unless as authorized under the regulations or a section 56 exemption+(section 56 exception is fucking confusing(and Utterly ridiculous
Quote:

section 56 exceptions title
Order Fixing the Day on which this Order is made as the Day on which the Act Comes into Force

)+ I believe our government is Straight fucked, noone understands your exceptions rules and regulations!)

Quote:

Simple possession will not be prohibited under the CDSA.

This is good eh?! Though don't risk getting caught with pounds of extract or something. eh

-6. They can still allow for scientific research and tests with salvia.

-7. A ballsy guy could ask THE MAN if u'r allowed to use/grow salvia personaly for "Religous/spiritual reasons" as stated on amendment- here you go, the mans email. good luck. OCS_regulatorypolicy-BSC_politiquereglementaire@hc-sc.gc.ca

-8. This gives me hope for our government
Quote:

Some additional concerns were that drug prohibition in itself is ineffective, and that scheduling would restrict personal choice.

-9. Your caught importing or trafficking or production of salvia?(-production means growing, sorry-) maximum 3 years
Quote:

For retailers of S. divinorum and gardeners cultivating the plant in question, compliance will involve ceasing the sale of S. divinorum, as well as its cultivation, given that cultivation is captured under the prohibited activity of production.

As a gardener growing salvia I'm expected to 'stop' growing my baby, my plant stays fuck 'em.

Quote:

Federal, provincial and local law enforcement agencies are responsible for taking enforcement action in response to contraventions of the CDSA and its regulations. The prosecution of contraventions under the CDSA is the responsibility of the justice system.

Fuck the police, eh?

-69. My main point being; it's not illegal yet, Take advantage of this and get a goddamned cutting. if you've never experimented with salvia just hit your hemp shop for extracts, trip for fuck sakes.
The future for salvia is bleak, so fucking giv'R hell boys. even if your way up in the yukon get some grow lights and grow, you'll be surprized eh at how well this plant adapts to our winters(Saskatchewan is damn cold, fucking dirty saski's. that place is cold asf)

Important note:
Growing will be seen as Production in the eyes of the law, production = 1 to 3 year imprisonment. --If you're already growing it you're gonna have to decide, You gunna keep your plant(s)? or nah?

Edited by salviasandwich (08/20/15 07:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekosmokratorshaman
Cosmic Creator
Male User Gallery
Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: salviasandwich]
    #22088498 - 08/13/15 06:21 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

ouch, eh?

--------------------
I am.

Offlinesalviasandwich
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: kosmokratorshaman]
    #22088668 - 08/13/15 07:13 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

all is good since she's technically still legal, but, only 179 days before prohibition.

InvisiblecowsRmeat
Don't step on the MomeRaths
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #22088825 - 08/13/15 07:50 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Source????

I can't find anything on this...

--------------------
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' was his response.
'I don't know', Alice answered.
'Then', said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'

Invisiblemodern.shaman
San Mescalito
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Zone 13
Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: cowsRmeat]
    #22088855 - 08/13/15 07:56 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisiblecowsRmeat
 User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: modern.shaman]
    #22088880 - 08/13/15 08:01 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

modern.shaman said:
was posted in the op

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2015/2015-08-12/html/sor-dors209-eng.php

:facepalm3:
I read the whole OP, but somehow skimmed over the link BOTH times I went looking for it...

Thanks.

This is pretty dumb though, are the Canadian teens really going so crazy with smoking salvia in party settings and jumping out of windows enough to get this kind of attention from the government??? Geez.

--------------------

Offlinekosmokratorshaman
Cosmic Creator
Male User Gallery
    #22088889 - 08/13/15 08:03 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

good for them, when I tried salvia 12 or 15 years ago, There was no possible way I was standing up and jumping out a window. I couldn't do much but drool

--------------------
I am.

InvisiblecowsRmeat
 User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: kosmokratorshaman]
    #22088938 - 08/13/15 08:10 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I was referring to a video I saw on youtube years ago. Have you NOT seen that video?!? I'm kind of torn on that video, though. On one hand I HATE the negative publicity it gives to salvia, on the other hand I am AMAZED that the guy could literally climb his living room wall and crash through his window and spill out on the front yard.

I'll see if I can dig it up. I'll PM the link to you, kosmo, so you can get a chuckle out of it, but I will not link to it here as to not contribute to publicity for the plant... I'd like Salvia to stay as far under the radar as possible.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
    #22089398 - 08/13/15 10:15 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to America.:huxleyfacepalm:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Offlinesalviasandwich
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: ferrel_human]
    #22089506 - 08/13/15 10:54 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

america eh? nah, never

--------------------------
.. this happened, Canada wins.

Edited by salviasandwich (08/14/15 05:24 PM)

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: cowsRmeat] * 1
    #22089605 - 08/13/15 11:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I like this thread's sense of humour, but not so much the message it's conveying.

In times like this it's your duty as an Ethno-gardener to propagate and spread this species to all and everyone who wants one before the ban is enforced. I wish I was in a position to mail plants to people, but I'm not. Everyone who has a plant should take cuttings now and get ready to ship them once rooted. 179 days is plenty enough time to produce more than a few plants.

Quote:

cowsRmeat said:

This is pretty dumb though, are the Canadian teens really going so crazy with smoking salvia in party settings and jumping out of windows enough to get this kind of attention from the government??? Geez.

Probably not but it does happen, as we know. It's mostly due to the stupidly high potency products being sold to uneducated people that is helping them make the case against it. The thing with high doses of Salvia is that you're not going to be put into a state where you can't move and the state you're shifted into is so fast, weird and often terrifying. It's not like DMT where you go catatonic and cannot move, even if you tried. Salvia can bring on hallucinations so strong, especially with extracted/enhanced material, that one tries to flee from them. The intoxicated person will jump up quickly and run like satan is on their heels. Salvia's space is very real and not like other psychedelics, where one knows what's real and what isn't.

People smoking potent extracts need a sitter. It's not an option, they NEED one for their own safety.

Quidding straight leaf or smoking it is far different. It's not so sudden, a slow shift and one you can build on. Once you smoke a potent extract and it's in your lungs, you're in for the ride. Good or bad.

--------------------

Offlinesalviasandwich
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: karode13]
    #22091877 - 08/14/15 04:12 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

178 days left. may I post a source for my fellow canadians, regards to live salvia plants? A very reputable canadian vendor with which I ordered my salvia plant from, also, i've made cuttings which when rooted i'm willing to trade, sell? salvia in canada is legal, but, is a salvia buy and sell allowed on the shroomery?

InvisiblecowsRmeat
 User Gallery

#22092705 - 08/14/15 08:46 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I think I know the vendor you are talking about, and if so, I'll vouch for them as well. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #22094988 - 08/15/15 02:11 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

We're not supposed to talk sources or trades here but there is always the marketplace (you will not have access for a while though, I think it's a month or two and 50 posts or something.) I believe you're not allowed to sell anything for cash there that any sponsor sells, but you can trade it for other stuff. If you just post some pics of your grow here then you may get some interest via PM. You just don't want to actively solicit trades in this subforum because it can get the thread locked.

Offlinesalviasandwich
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22095121 - 08/15/15 02:56 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

the vender i'd like to name lists salvia as diviners sage, and they recently added this to the page--
Quote:

Sacred sage of the Mazateca Indians of Mexico used to induce divinatory visions. To help find lost items, or to solve problems of a material or spiritual nature, the Mazateca Indians would chew the fresh leaves. The leaves are very bitter when chewed but are slightly more palatable taken as a cold infusion of fresh crushed leaves, or smoked. Psychotropic effects similar to mescaline are attributed to compounds called salvinorins. Prefers humid, shaded conditions and humus-rich, moist soil. Rangy plant, reaching 2m/7ft. unless pruned.

--
Quote:

PLEASE NOTE: It will be illegal to possess and cultivate Salvia divinorum plants in Canada starting in February 2016. Plants will no longer be available from R-----rs herbs, after the current plant shipping season that ends in November 2015. In the meantime Canadian customers are required to sign and submit a consent form before we ship that attests that they are aware of the changing legal status of the plant.

For Canadians that enjoy salvia I'd suggest acquiring a live plant while its legal, suggested vendor is not listed on the shroomerys sponsors page(should be) but for canadians it is pretty much, the only place we can order a live salvia plant.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#22095148 - 08/15/15 03:02 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Now I know who you're talking about, they aren't too far from where I live. :strokebeard:

Edit: The consent form thing sounds worrisome though.

Edited by psi (08/15/15 03:18 PM)

Offlinesalviasandwich
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: psi]
    #22095357 - 08/15/15 03:48 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I had an order for 6 S. Divinorum plants with them, and this is the consent form. I believe it's Harmless, probaly keeps them in the legal loop eh, but idk and :strokebeard: I :strokebeard:--love this :strokebeard:--
Quote:

Consent to Delivery of Salvia Divinorum Plants Purchased from -----rs Herbs

I hereby attest that I am at least 18 years of age.

I hereby further attest that I am aware of the impending change in the legal status of Salvia divinorum plants and that I have read and understand the “Order Amending Schedule IV to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Salvia Divinorum)” published by Health Canada in the Canada Gazette on August 12, 2015 (copy attached).

I understand that 180 days from August 12, 2015, it will become illegal to grow or cultivate or possess live Salvia divinorum plants.

In consideration of receiving Salvia divinorum plant or plants, I appreciate, acknowledge and agree that there is a risk of legal consequences, and of associated loss and/or damage, relating to my purchasing, possession and cultivation of Salvia divinorum plants supplied to me and I agree to assume all risk of loss and/or damage. I hereby release from any and all present and future claims and liability and hold blameless and agree to idemnify and waive all claims against ---- R---ter and --ns Limited, doing business as “-----rs Herbs”, all all its employees, managers, officers and owners, in respect of any loss and/or damage or other legal or financial consequences, however caused, now and forever.

Dated at ______________________ this ____ day of ______, 2015.

Name of Purchaser:__________________________

Signature of Purchaser: _________________________________

Name of Witness: __________________________________

Signature of Witness: __________________________________

It fucking sucks that salvia D. is gonna be prohibited, though I don't expect any canadian bacon to break down my door, not for a handful of salvia plants, my plants will stay long after its legal :strokebeard: fuck the police :strokebeard:

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#22095450 - 08/15/15 04:11 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah it just makes me wonder about how long they're going to hang on to that info and what will happen with it. I guess it's quite unlikely that any legal problems would result, but it makes me a bit uneasy.

I wonder if they get you to do the same thing if you go there in person to buy them.

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: psi]
    #22096758 - 08/15/15 10:28 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

ya fuck that form with witnesses and shit

InvisiblecowsRmeat
 User Gallery

Re: In 2016 Sally D. WILL become schedule IV, Canada [Re: P-O]
    #22098890 - 08/16/15 02:06 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Yup, that's the one I was talking about.

Kinda strange that the law will only cover the plants, and not dried material or extracts though... I guess they figure banning the one will eradicate the other...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies