Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
my craptacular terraurim
    #2208310 - 12/29/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't have a digital camera so you will have to bear with my here.

I have to have a stealth terrarium so mine is a 4L ice cream tub with a hole in the top to fit a jar with a fish tank thermometer in it.
Last night i built it and it heated it up pretty good.

i think that i will be able to use this.. my only concern is that the lid is not tight enough to keep moisture in. should i put some water proof glue in between the jar and the lid? and also can i use this for a colonization chamber as well as a fruiting chamber if i lower the tempo a bit when i birth the cakes.

also how much light will they need if I'm using the B+ strain?
Will the light they get when i fan it be enough?

The chamber will be placed in a box with towels and sleeping bags around it to keep the heat in, then the box is going down stairs where i can plug in the thermometer.
Are there any problem that you can think of that would affect my terrarium?

Thanks in advance for your help, i will try to bum a cam of my friends so i can show you my terrarium.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: my craptacular terraurim [Re: Kingkole]
    #2208422 - 12/29/03 08:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kingkole said:
I don't have a digital camera so you will have to bear with my here.

I have to have a stealth terrarium so mine is a 4L ice cream tub with a hole in the top to fit a jar with a fish tank thermometer in it.
Last night i built it and it heated it up pretty good.

i think that i will be able to use this.. my only concern is that the lid is not tight enough to keep moisture in. should i put some water proof glue in between the jar and the lid? and also can i use this for a colonization chamber as well as a fruiting chamber if i lower the tempo a bit when i birth the cakes.

also how much light will they need if I'm using the B+ strain?
Will the light they get when i fan it be enough?

The chamber will be placed in a box with towels and sleeping bags around it to keep the heat in, then the box is going down stairs where i can plug in the thermometer.
Are there any problem that you can think of that would affect my terrarium?

Thanks in advance for your help, i will try to bum a cam of my friends so i can show you my terrarium.

Hmmm, well I'm not 100% sure on what you mean exactly but I take it you've got a fish tank heater in a jar that's been placed through the lid?

I'm not an expert here, but depending on your technique you may have space constraint issues. Meaning that if you birth a cake into your terrarium any mushrooms that reach a decent size will be all squashed up in the top. And that jar through the lid thing might also cause issues... But it sounds like a reasonable idea, mmmm.....

I had a friend who used an ice cream tub to hold a casing of his. I believe you might barely have enough room in that case. If it was a casing I should say. But for heating I'd try and put it somewhere where the ambient heat would keep it at the right temperature. Eg: on top of a stereo or VCR or something. But if you have to use that fish take heater (assuming it is a heater we're talking about) and it is the submergible kind then I'd suggest a bigger terrarium. At least something a few inches higher and a bit wider..

Mmmmm.... A small box lined with aluminum foil might be a better bet?

As for lighting I've never had much of a problem with it. You'll be fine with just whatever it gets when you mist it.

One last piece of advice... And sorry if this is untrue but it's just my experience anyway, is that they aren't terribly heat sensitive.. Just keep them warm while incubating and maybe a bit cooler once you start fruting and you should be fine. Exact temperatures aren't necessary.. But might provide better results. Although I haven't really seen any proof of that.

Anyway, hope it helps. Not sure what else I can do for ya.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation