Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSoulButter
Joint Chief of Soul

Cleaning Grinder with Iso, smoking evaporated precipitate
    #22082106 - 08/12/15 04:05 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Soaking a grinder/pipe in isopropal alcohol is a good way to remove the built up resin, kief, and plant matter. You can then evaporate the used iso, and smoke the remains.

HOWEVER

I just finished soaking my grinder and i realized there is a small rubber/plastic ring around the inside, to facilitate twisting on and off, and prevent grinding. So here lies the problem.

Will this rubbery ring dissolve somewhat into the solution? It looks like it might have dissolved somewhat but I dont remember what it looked like previous to soaking, so it may just be regular wear and tear from grinding up so many nugs.

And if it does dissolve somewhat.... is it still ok to smoke the dried material? It is going to be heavily laden with thc and i dont want to dump it if I dont have to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Cleaning Grinder with Iso, smoking evaporated precipitate [Re: SoulButter]
    #22082127 - 08/12/15 04:10 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i personally wouldn't be smoking that stuff but hey do what you want.

:ganja:

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #22082132 - 08/12/15 04:12 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Probably not a big deal, unless you're doing it like daily

I clean it this way all the time and usually jus rinse it with water for 10-20 seconds after to make sure all the iso is definitely off and make sure to dry it real good.

And on my pipe I just leave it in a sink laying so the water is falling directly into one of the holes and leave it rinsing for about a minute to make sure the iso is out of it.

Don't know for sure but I'm still okay, would definitely make sure to rinse it under a sink for a bit though but jus cuz that's what I do.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (08/12/15 04:17 PM)

OfflineSoulButter
Joint Chief of Soul

Re: Cleaning Grinder with Iso, smoking evaporated precipitate [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22082294 - 08/12/15 04:51 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Im just wondering if there will be rubber dissolved into the solution, and if that will make it harmful to smoke.

other than that, i know this will yield a potent concentrate. My favorite part is the fat dab I get from this is nothing more than the byproduct of cleaning my grinder and pipe.

Reduce reuse recycle

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #22082305 - 08/12/15 04:56 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

#yolo. smoke that shit son.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Offlinedpomalia
Strange
 User Gallery

Re: Cleaning Grinder with Iso, smoking evaporated precipitate [Re: ballsalsa]
    #22082459 - 08/12/15 05:29 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

No it won't dissolve your rubber.
Rubber is tougher than most plastics and the ISO doesn't burn through the bottle so you're golden
I also Google'd it to be sure like you should have done buddy but I'll let it pass.
And I have done this with rez from my dab rig and a few other pieces covered in dab and made myself some cherry pie.
Best dab in the galaxy IMHO.
Highly reccomend this if your into concentrates plus its just a bonus to cleaning your pieces that you get like a gram of some loudddddd dab.
Make sure you use 95%+ iso or the remaining percentage can leave it wet.

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA
    #22082480 - 08/12/15 05:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SoulButter said:
Soaking a grinder/pipe in isopropal alcohol is a good way to remove the built up resin, kief, and plant matter. You can then evaporate the used iso, and smoke the remains.

HOWEVER

I just finished soaking my grinder and i realized there is a small rubber/plastic ring around the inside, to facilitate twisting on and off, and prevent grinding. So here lies the problem.

Will this rubbery ring dissolve somewhat into the solution? It looks like it might have dissolved somewhat but I dont remember what it looked like previous to soaking, so it may just be regular wear and tear from grinding up so many nugs.

And if it does dissolve somewhat.... is it still ok to smoke the dried material? It is going to be heavily laden with thc and i dont want to dump it if I dont have to.

Strange someone just posted about this, I just ran my grinder through an iso bath and got a decent amount of iso hash out of it. Mine did have a rubberized ring as well so the actual part you twist to grind is lubricated, and I ain't dead yet. I am pretty sure it won't dissolve rubber, especially during a 1 minute bath.

Anyways, enjoy. I thought my grinder was pretty damn clean but after the iso bath, I got a good 7-8 dabs of iso hash. Not as potent as BHO, but 3 dabs got me high as fuck and I smoke a gram day (flowers)

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #22082500 - 08/12/15 05:37 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Oh wow, my bad, totally misread what you said in the OP and my response doesn't even make sense because of it :doublefacepalm:

OfflineSoulButter
Joint Chief of Soul

Re: Cleaning Grinder with Iso, smoking evaporated precipitate [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #22082944 - 08/12/15 07:14 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

its all good sirshrooms, ive been there plenty of times :grin:

Quote:

Gottaloveacid said:
Quote:

SoulButter said:

HOWEVER

I am pretty sure it won't dissolve rubber, especially during a 1 minute bath.

I got a good 7-8 dabs of iso hash. Not as potent as BHO, but 3 dabs got me high as fuck and I smoke a gram day (flowers)

wow i soaked mine for like ten hours. started it before work, dried them off after. the grinder was  c a k e d  with cemented kief and pressure hash. the mouthpiece to my dab pen was pooling with thick black res from a few weeks worth of shatter and crumble. roughly 150ml of dark, amber colored iso evaporating as we speak. this should be good

also dont worry about it sirshrooms, weve all been there  :jah:

Edited by SoulButter (08/12/15 07:15 PM)

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA
    #22083080 - 08/12/15 07:36 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah you definitely don't need to soak it for that long. Just put it in a bowl of iso and scrub it with your fingers or a little tool to get the caked on stuff out. You'd be surprised how quickly iso absorbs THC, usually when making iso hash you only wash your weed/trim for like 10 seconds with the iso before straining it.

Mine looked really clean before I soaked it aside from the screen above the kief catcher had some kief stuck in the mesh, the joints where I screw it together had some I couldn't get out with a tool, and the lid had a decent amount of kief pressed hard as a rock directly in the center. Any weed that is in the center of your grinder when you close it gets stuck and pressed to the little center thing, and there must have been a decent amount there.

I washed it with maybe a half cup of iso and it was a moderately amber in color

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

OfflineSoulButter
Joint Chief of Soul

Re: Cleaning Grinder with Iso, smoking evaporated precipitate [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #22103533 - 08/17/15 04:52 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

All dried up. Yielded a dark, non viscous crumble type consistency. Now for the taste test.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder