Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
the infamous iso-heet (in the red bottle)
    #2208045 - 12/29/03 05:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ive read somewhere(i beleive it was on these boards actually), that you can extract alkaloids from dried PsC mushroom powder with iso-heet in the red bottle, by mixing, filtering and evaporating the liquid mix on a pan, the crystal powder left behind is the alkaloids(salts maybe at this point?). i found some iso-heet stuff @ my local mom+pop hardware store, and @ my local cheap ass grocery store. so i want to try it out. my question is, has anyone tried this? what are your experiences, and is there anything to worry about if a human consumes the powder?

[edit: iso-heet is an isopropyl alcohol formula, would methanol be better? if so how or where?]

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Edited by amyloid (12/29/03 05:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: the infamous iso-heet (in the red bottle) [Re: amyloid]
    #2208215 - 12/29/03 06:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

no way you'll get "crystals" as you say. And sure, it'll extract psilos, but it'll extract a lot of other crap too.

My advice is to just consume the powdered shrooms, and leave the iso-heat at the hardware store.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: the infamous iso-heet (in the red bottle) [Re: mycofile]
    #2208450 - 12/29/03 09:12 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

regular heet in the yellow bottle is methanol but it's for cars so it dosn't have any standard of how much shit can be in it as well, I agree with mycofile that you should just eat the fruits but you can try to extract some spent cakes or casings, I did it not to long ago and got a brownish resin that works well, gotta eat about 50-75mg, which says it's got alot of other stuff in it besides psilocybin. methanol is posionous so you have to make sure it's completly evaporated and all smell is gone before injesting.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: the infamous iso-heet (in the red bottle) [Re: John]
    #2209511 - 12/30/03 09:08 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

my question is, has anyone tried this?

Yeah -- with methanol (ACS reagent grade.) It worked well -- cleaner trip, too.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineRockGut
journeyman

#2210575 - 12/30/03 09:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

SWIM did a HEAT exctract form aborts and spent cakes and ended up with a brown goo-ball the size of a peice of chewed gum. SWIM assumed it had BRF and shroom stuff and most likley not enough methonol left to make SIM ill, so SWIM swallowed like a pill. SWIM had a good time. SWIM would not use good shroom meat, only abort and cake crap.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: the infamous iso-heet (in the red bottle) [Re: John]
    #2210580 - 12/30/03 09:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you used heet in the yellow bottle? i didnt want to use that because it has a corrosion preventer or something along with methanol. heet in the red bottle is just isopropanol or something though.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2210701 - 12/30/03 11:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

get the other brand if you can, sorry I can't remember the name of it but it's in a yellow bottle as well and is labeled gas treament for the removal of water and to prevent freezing or something close to that, it might have been STP, I can't remember for the life of me and it's only been about 4weeks, it's cheaper and dosn't have corrosion preventer

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology