Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMex
Mother Earth
Male

Loc: ITA ~ Earth ~ 13:20
PF Tek "smell" problem...
    #2204509 - 12/27/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hi there! ;-)
This is the my first post, and the reason I'm writing is the strange
"smell" coming out of my PF cakes. It seems to be like yogurt.
The micelium in the cakes seem to be ready: is white and has fully covered all the substrate.
But either after 25 days of time for the inoculation, and after 10 days passed the "birth", no Mushroom grow in there...

That's why I'm trying to get as more as possible information about how the cakes "should" be.
I guess that soon I'll post some pictures of my cakes to let anyone able to help me to understand a little more about my situation.

Thanx for the moment,

R. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: PF Tek "smell" problem... [Re: Mex]
    #2204914 - 12/27/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yogurt smell can only mean contam. either cobweb or trich. Im guessing cobweb. How does the mycelia look? if it looks very wispy, light and cottony then chuck it. healthy mycelia should be somewhat dense, very white, preferably rhizomorphic and have a clean mushroom aroma. Pics would definiely help.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2204929 - 12/27/03 11:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

look up all the pictures of colonized cakes you can find...If it looks like the good stuff...dip in 1/100 bleach solution overnight, and birth.

--------------------

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: PF Tek "smell" problem... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2205057 - 12/28/03 12:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

wow, every 1 seems to have a different technique,, dunk and roll with water and h2o2,, ^^^^^ simple machine says quite vaguely and not well explained to dip in 1/100th bleach solution overnight,, for all us newbie retards that needs to be a tad more technically explained in a more full way! whats the best friggon way for a gauranteed high yeild pf tek,, ??

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: PF Tek "smell" problem... [Re: beanchild]
    #2205075 - 12/28/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the best gauranteed high yeild pf tek....
....case your cakes.

here's 4 half pints cased with coco coir.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: PF Tek "smell" problem... [Re: beanchild]
    #2205209 - 12/28/03 03:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey sorry I was in a hurry....If you know what 100% healthy colonization looks like, and that what you've got, you can fill your jar with premixed 1/100 bleach/water solution to kill contams. reseal the jar and place in the fridge for 6-10hrs. This will not only kill the exterior contams, but also achieve the "cold shock" that is said to initiate a larger pinset.

After this my advice wold be roll your cakes in verm (search "dunk and roll") and to palce on on a layer of MOIST (not wet) perlite in a suitable grow chamber.

Try dunk and roll cakes before casing IMHO, just for experience.

CAsing is the shit, but you can look that up yerself, basically it's the covering of substrate with a non-nutritive material to cut down on cantams, and provide more water. oh and grow a buttload more shrooms. most ppl case chole grains, but you can get great results casing whole or crumbled pf cakes...

PS if I responded to every post wiht this kind of detail I would never get around to growing my own damn shrooms....

a lot of newbs want someone to hold their hand, but you don't seem like one of them...do your homework and ppl here are very helpful.
good luck
dk

--------------------

Edited by simplemachine (12/28/03 03:48 AM)

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: PF Tek "smell" problem... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2205330 - 12/28/03 06:12 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i'm just researching the different techniques and theories,, alot tend to vary a bit i guess its all trial and error til you get it down,, thanx man,, i was a tad hammered last night when i posted that but ' tis all good!

OfflineMex
Mother Earth
Male

Loc: ITA ~ Earth ~ 13:20
Re: PF Tek "smell" problem... [Re: soochi]
    #2207110 - 12/29/03 04:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Added some pictures... sorry for the low quality :-)

Hope you can help!  :tongue:

R.

--------------------

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2207140 - 12/29/03 05:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

looks ok...that could be pins forming on the upper right, you'll know soon... what is the humidity source?

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #2207166 - 12/29/03 06:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

maybe....you do this to HIM!!!!

that happened in my early experiance....i cooked a few jars using a heat pad....your cakes look like that....feed em water!

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
4,371 topic views. 32 members, 146 guests and 47 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.