Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
December Skies...
    #2206490 - 12/29/03 12:28 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It's a warm December night and I am lying on a picnic table. From my vantage point, the sky is not up, it is a shear drop off into infinite space...

A dark yellow crescent moon luminates long strands of sirrus clouds to the East, and thick cumulus clouds are glowing red in the light polluted West...

Directly overhead, I hear the call of geese flying South for the winter. My mind is probably playing tricks on me, but I think I catch a silloheuted flying V as they navigate the stars...

A gust of wind brings the rattle of branches and the feeling of cold. My attention goes back to the moon. I can see the Earth's shadow on the lunar surface and I reflect on the vastness of our solar system. 268,000 miles to the moon...

I begin counting flashing lights in the sky. Scanning the horizon, I count seven radio towers and three water towers. Numerous aircraft etch their route across the great wide open and man-made objects in geosynchronous orbit emit an unnatural glow...

A train sounds it's horn and I begin to detect it's distant rumbling as I discover Mars in the night sky. It is hovering over the moon by what appears to be four or five inches from where I'm lying...

My eyes then go to the empty cornfield across the street as I hear the shrill yell of coyotes fighting. Somewhere, in the field or the woods, a pack of spirited animals roam...

I go back to the sky and enter a meditation of sorts...no thinking, just taking it all in. It feels great to be alive...

"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: December Skies... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2206532 - 12/29/03 01:01 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I doubt death can feel this cool :wink:

There are many who would argue against that, though..

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Loc: there
    #2206824 - 12/29/03 04:08 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

nice. the Evening Star is making a comeback this winter. it's already outshining Mars by several magnitudes. look to the SW an hour after sunset. you can't miss it!
incidently, Venus is the object most often mistaken for a UFO.

Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2207281 - 12/29/03 10:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I remember once laying on some grass, underneath a tree, at a pool. People were around me talking, kids were laughing and splashing in the pool.

I allowed the noises to just float around me, as I was looking up at this tree, its branches and leaves pirouetted against the blue sky.

There was something about that moment that made me feel (do I dare say it) "as one" with everything around me, or at peace, or something. It was a strange feeling, one that I haven't duplicated since then (about 15 years ago), but it was also a very good feeling. Almost like like a tickling sensation inside me.

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology