Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

Vision damage from mushrooms? * 1
    #2204107 - 12/27/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was wondering if mushrooms can damage your vision, because, after tripping last night it seems like I'm cross eyed. I think this is probably just my mind playing tricks on me but any advice would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: FrankieN] * 1
    #2204205 - 12/27/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Don't worry, I don't think shrooms can damage your vision. You'll be back to normal tomorrow probably. Enjoy your day :cool:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2204356 - 12/27/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No but bright lights while on shrooms can cause damage to the retinas.

Light distracts from the visuals the shrooms are capable of producing.

I should mention that when the body eats more than the mind needs, eyes can cross and sometimes a heavy loss of muscular coordination occurs, sometimes also making it difficult to stand and walk. If I watch tv for a few o hours, my eyes wander about from a heavy dosage.

And again, it is the light on the eyes while high on shrooms which can cause porblems with your vision.

mj

Remember the Indians of Oaxaca and other regions of Mexico where the shrooms are used c eremoniously, they do so in complete darkeness excelt for a few candles, which trhey never look directly at.

I known many who get masive eye and head aches from bright lights in rooms when on shrooms.

mj

OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer] * 1
    #2204919 - 12/27/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info, I am now back to normal. I had more mushrooms then ever before lastnight and suffered not only the vision problems but the lack of control of muscles as well. I noticed the more paranoid I got the worse the symptoms got,(when getting out of a car I actualley had to lift my leg out with my hands), it was quite scary at the time, (yet not totally unenjoyable). I don't recall reading about this until now, and hope this information gets around, so other people won't have to go through the same thing. Thanks again mj.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2204920 - 12/27/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That's odd, I usually notice a shift to more acute vision during my trips. But I guess that's just me.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: soochi] * 1
    #2204939 - 12/27/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

nah I g et that as well, like I can see every leave on a tree ect.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: John] * 1
    #2205079 - 12/28/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Trees are the shit while shrooming, specially when its windy.

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: DatDaNK420] * 1
    #2206285 - 12/28/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know what it is, or why it happened, but ever since i started smoking pot, and taken mushrooms, trees have always been more beautiful then normal. When on these drugs they are wonderfully more beautiful, but even after they have worn off, its like i have this more permanently beautifyed sight for trees, and appreciate them much more. Thanks trees, for being so badass, and making us oxygen!

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: shwowsh] * 1
    #2206343 - 12/28/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think tree are super strange alien things reaching for the sky, every time i see them on shrooms words just cant describe them except for its a tree. Trees are cool.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2208351 - 12/29/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No. They will not damage your vision.

You probably strained an eye muscle "looking" to hard...

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#2208941 - 12/30/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

After my first time doing DXM, I woke up the next morning and looked at my alarm clock (the digital kind, red lights in the darkness were all I could see) and I was so cross-eyed and could not focus on my clock at all. I was terrified and thought I had really screwed myself over for good, but after a minute my eyes finally came back to focus. Still happens to this day, but to a lesser extent.

Never experienced this with mushrooms, but these things always seem to fade in a few days or less.

OfflineJake1516Tan
Stranger
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? *DELETED* [Re: Amber_Glow] * 1
    #2209667 - 12/30/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Jake1516Tan

Reason for deletion: yes

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: Jake1516Tan] * 1
    #2210011 - 12/30/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I recently got glasses and never had a problem with vision until my experiences with mushrooms. I still trip however.

OfflineBardo_being
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: ImOver18] * 1
    #2210815 - 12/30/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno man, the other day i tok a 5 dried gram dose at nine in the morning and took my dog into the wooded area in my backyard. It was the most amzing experience i've had in my life thus far. The fact that i was in nature and in broud daylight was what seemed to make it so amazing. i even got to admit, most of my peak all i could do was lean against a tree and stare into the clouds. originally i had planned to do other things during the peak but the dose pretty much put me on my ass and had me amazed and awed. needless to say a several hours afterward i was back to "normal" and went about my day (though i really doubt after such an experience that anybody can just "go about their day" back to "normal".....

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: Bardo_being] * 1
    #5064826 - 12/14/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

A German scientist, I forgot his name...discovered that in very small doses, doses not large enough to even be aware of, human eyesight was improved with psilocybin. Edge percpetion was what was enhanced.

Read Terence McKenna's "Food of the Gods"...it's an interesting theory if nothing else!

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: MystikMushroom] * 1
    #5065773 - 12/15/05 03:57 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ive noticed i have floaters sometimes now in my vision... little clear things i can see floating across, i never noticed this before i tripped. it reminds me of a visual kind of.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: LedHead] * 1
    #5066482 - 12/15/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah i have hppd, there used to be a useful link to a questionarre about it on this board i think. google it.

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Vision damage from mushrooms? [Re: LedHead] * 1
    #5066714 - 12/15/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
ive noticed i have floaters sometimes now in my vision... little clear things i can see floating across, i never noticed this before i tripped. it reminds me of a visual kind of.

People with perfect 20/20 vision rarely get these, but the more nearsighted you are the more often you will spot them. They are actually tiny bacteria (or some organism) on the surface of your eye that sometimes move directly over your pupils causing you to see these transparent floaters.

Now just because you see them doesn't mean you're nearsighted, it may be that you're just noticing them now because the visuals on mushrooms tend to cause your eyes to focus on very near things (since the visuals are overlayed on top of your vision, and trying to focus on them invariably causes your eyes to try and look as close to you as possible). It might be that your brain is recognizing these floaters now that it's had experience with visuals, causing your eyes or brain to focus on them instead of ignoring them altogether.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate