Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBeABadFish
GonnaLearn!
Loc: OR by the coast!
Oregon Mushrooms
    #2203426 - 12/27/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hello, I live in the Pacific Northwest and I was wondering if anyone in my area i.e. Dallas/Salem Oregon are finding anything of use? I have went out looking for Liberty caps quite often around here, and somewhat by the coast. Nothing really seems to be coming out, anyone else with any 'good' luck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Oregon Mushrooms [Re: BeABadFish]
    #2203598 - 12/27/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i'm not realy sure what the weather has been like in your area, but i'm a few hundred miles south of you and have been getting heavy frost by 11pm. what have your nightly lows been like in your area?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon Flag
Re: Oregon Mushrooms [Re: canid]
    #2204104 - 12/27/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Edited by fung_us_among_us (11/07/11 05:49 PM)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Oregon Mushrooms [Re: fung_us_among_us]
    #2204545 - 12/27/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dallas and Salem are no where near eastern Oregon...you say you live here? Salem is the capitol of our state.

BeABadFish -
Liberty caps should grow all around you in cow pastures. I have found Psilocybe cyanescens from Eugene to Portland in hardwood mulch. They are out there...waiting for you.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineBeABadFish
GonnaLearn!
Re: Oregon Mushrooms [Re: Joshua]
    #2204790 - 12/27/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys, thanks for all that info. Also I was wondering about the P. azercyans (sorry my spelling is wrong) anyways, these do grow in Oregon right? Oh and my lows have been around 35 degrees. Hopefully this info will work.
Joey

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Oregon Mushrooms [Re: BeABadFish]
    #2204998 - 12/28/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

in answer to your questions, yes, Psilocybe azurescens do in fact grow in oregon. they grow only in the direct coastal areas. lows in the mid thirties and not dropping to freezing are perfect for azures, cyans, and liberty caps [P. semilanceata], all of which grow in your state. these are not the only three species, nor the only species which grow this time of the year. if you read the faq you will see a listing of some species know to grow in your state.

if you would like more information on any of these mushrooms, check the faq and use a net-wide search engine. there you will find habitat information, physical descriptions, fruiting requirements/conditions and far, far more.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineBeABadFish
GonnaLearn!
Re: Oregon Mushrooms [Re: canid]
    #2206443 - 12/28/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

coo, coo thanks for all that info!! Yes, I am going out looking now!! Thank you so much for all this usefull information.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix