Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Everything is connected to mushrooms
    #2203272 - 12/27/03 01:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

you guys ever get the feeling that everything has to do with mushrooms? Evolution, Tolkein, the bible, whatever. It's all done on mushrooms. At least, people who eat mushrooms sure seem to think so. Is this true and has remained a very very very well-kept secret up till now thanks to EXTREMELY clever ways of encoding it with terms like "mana" etc. or is it because of the effect documented by studies by maps.org that shows how people on mushrooms can create connections between almost anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2203284 - 12/27/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

everything is connected to everything - that's the idea I gathered from psychedelic mushrooms.

After the trip, of course :wink:

On several occasions during trips I've somehow convinced myself that all of existance exists for this one moment with the mushroom - I'd call that euphoria?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/27/03 01:26 AM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2203289 - 12/27/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Is everything related or is it all a big coincidence?  :mushroom2:

I know where I stand. :sun:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: pattern]
    #2203316 - 12/27/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This thread isn't about coincidence. And coincidence is about things being related, so your "is it one way or another" question really makes no sense, but let's drop that.

I'm talking about how someone takes mushrooms and then reads an author who explains some things that the tripper thinks is trippy and concludes "this guy must have been on mushrooms!" Or he reads an ancient holy text from wherever and came to the same conclusions about life and the universe and thinks "these guys must have been on mushrooms! Mushrooms must be at the root of every religion!"

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2203322 - 12/27/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I do sometimes get that feeling. When I'm tripping it certainly feels like I've found *the* secret. And then I realise that there is a governing body which does not want us to have this experience, for this reason! The whole thing turns very sinister.

But then I come down and think "Man, I was just tripping!"

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2203328 - 12/27/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Like they are using sacred symbolism or something? Some things definitly "go" with mushrooms and other things definitly do not. It makes me think that some things were made with a "higher" purpose in mind.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2203330 - 12/27/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It makes me think that some things were made with a "higher" purpose in mind.

that's extremely vague. Feel free to elaborate.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2203337 - 12/27/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
It makes me think that some things were made with a "higher" purpose in mind.

that's extremely vague. Feel free to elaborate.

Nothing mystical necessarily, just like Shpongle is made with a "higher" purpose in mind. Ya know?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2203345 - 12/27/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When I read Alice in Wonderland for the first time (after I had used mushrooms) I was struck with it's similarities to a mushroom trip (I mean hell, she even EATS MUSHROOMS in the story!). My first reaction was "wow...did this guy use mushrooms?"

As the story was written long before mushrooms became popular in western culture, I doubt that he did (the story is also an adaptation of an old German fairy tale...even longer before mushrooms were popular).

However...I do think that everything shares a connection at some point. This isn't exactly contradictory to modern physics...in fact the concept of connectedness and instant-communication is common in quantum physics(entanglement, anyone?).

Who really knows how deep the connections go?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: trendal]
    #2203352 - 12/27/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Who really knows how deep the connections go?

What are you saying exactly? That mushrooms don't have a direct influence on these writers and thinkers but because someone in Mexico ate some shrooms then it leaked over through the fabric of space time into their pen and they incorporated mushrooms into their story? I prefer a simpler story. Like maybe the writer just wrote some mushrooms into his story and mushrooms exposes some kind of innate quality of our minds that comes out with or without mushrooms.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2203353 - 12/27/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lol "higher" purpose :smile:

haa Shpongle was a great example :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: trendal]
    #2203360 - 12/27/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/recreationaldrugs/amanita.htm
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter." One side of what? The other side of what? thought Alice to herself. "Of the .-mushroom," said the Caterpillar, just as if she had asked it aloud; and in another moment it was out of sight.
Lewis Carroll
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Out of sight, indeed. As little Alice (soon to be big Alice, thanks to the Caterpillar's culinary suggestion) discovered, the lowly mushroom can make you high. Lewis Carroll, a known dabbler in psychedelia, evidently had more than lunch in mind when he portrayed Alice eating her way through a mind-bending buffet.

It is now believed that what Carroll had in mind was the powerful Amanita muscaria mushroom.

http://www.evergreen.edu/mushrooms/phm/s32.htm
The book Alice in Wonderland was written by Lewis Carroll after he had experimented with Amanita muscaria and the changes in size and time perception described in Alice in Wonderland are characteristic effects of the mushroom intoxication. People remain fascinated by this mushroom and you will see it illustrated in many children's books, on lawn ornaments and on kitchen items.

http://www.csp.org/chrestomathy/writing_on_drugs.html

--------------------

Edited by mntlfngrs (12/27/03 02:11 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2203361 - 12/27/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"mushrooms don't have a direct influence on these writers and thinkers but because someone in Mexico ate some shrooms then it leaked over through the fabric of space time into their pen and they incorporated mushrooms into their story?"

hehe finding things between the lines that aren't there is a fantastic human quality; one which I think helps birth creativity

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (12/27/03 02:13 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#2203362 - 12/27/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just thinking. Our brain is essentially a pattern recognition device. It's a big part of what makes us human. The drug (psilocybin) enhances this ability, thereby enhancing our "human-ness".

It's also a possibility that it was mushrooms which brought forth this human-ness in our tree dwelling ancestors in the first place.

So it's not really surprising that when one takes this stuff, that they feel like they are getting it all reconnected.

So in conclusion, I want to give psilocybin to a chimp. If it started laughing, I would just have to shit myself.

Sorry for going off topic.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Everything is connected to mushrooms [Re: Revelation]
    #2203367 - 12/27/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
It's also a possibility that it was mushrooms which brought forth this human-ness in our tree dwelling ancestors in the first place.

Siberian tribesmen valued Amanita muscaria for its effects and would even trade a prized reindeer for one or two dried specimens. When they urinated on the ground an hour after eating the mushrooms, the reindeer would come for the salt in the yellow snow and become intoxicated, clueing poorer tribesmen to capture the urine for their own intoxication

Are reindeer becoming human? Wouldn't it be weird to be sitting talking to a reindeer 200 years from now?

--------------------

Edited by mntlfngrs (12/27/03 02:15 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2203369 - 12/27/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't you read the sign?!

"PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE CHIMPS!"

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2203374 - 12/27/03 02:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

you guys ever get the feeling that everything has to do with mushrooms? Evolution, Tolkein, the bible, whatever. It's all done on mushrooms. At least, people who eat mushrooms sure seem to think so. Is this true and has remained a very very very well-kept secret up till now thanks to EXTREMELY clever ways of encoding it with terms like "mana" etc. or is it because of the effect documented by studies by maps.org that shows how people on mushrooms can create connections between almost anything?

It sounds as though you are insincere...I know what you are saying though. When I hear a person contend that someone had to have been tripping when the did such and so, it irritates me about the same as when someone does something stupid and the same people say "What are smoking crack cocaine?" Yeah Yeah Yeah, it's asinine as fuck.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2203386 - 12/27/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The drug (psilocybin) enhances this ability, thereby enhancing our "human-ness".

I think you're right on with that!

it was mushrooms which brought forth this human-ness in our tree dwelling ancestors in the first place.

This is the same bad habit I made this post about! Giving mushrooms the credit for everything. I'll go with the former.

So in conclusion, I want to give psilocybin to a chimp.

You know there was a dolphin researcher who killed 2 dolphins by dosing them up on LSD? What a fucking asshole.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2203395 - 12/27/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
Just thinking.  Our brain is essentially a pattern recognition device. It's a big part of what makes us human.  The drug (psilocybin) enhances this ability, thereby enhancing our "human-ness". 

So it's not really surprising that when one takes this stuff, that they feel like they are getting it all reconnected. 

So in conclusion, I want to give psilocybin to a chimp. If it started laughing,  I would just have to shit myself.

Sorry for going off topic.

Awesome post!  :laugh:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#2203406 - 12/27/03 02:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
This is the same bad habit I made this post about! Giving mushrooms the credit for everything.

The more I think about it though, the more it makes sense.  The psychedelic experience is basically an experience of the self.  It enhances self awareness.  There can also be a sense of dissolution of self at higher doses - interesting contradiction there. In either case, the attention is directed toward ?What is the state of self??

And what is the definition of concioussness?  Basically: Being aware of being aware!

I really think that psychedelics could be the "missing link".  :mushroom2:

On the other hand, I do see your point, and it's interesting to think about.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds