Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Something that came to me one crazy night.
    #2203297 - 12/27/03 03:29 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I just go home after rolling hard at this crazy rave (still rolling) where I started thinking...that was probably thanks to some shrooms I also ate since rolling isn't too much thinking, but I wasn't tripping. Anyways I started thinking about human evolution, and where our future was heading. We're evolving more mentally than physically I thinking, and I think in the not *too* distant future we'll be living in space stations and have machines that can do most work for us and we'll probably not want to do much besides have fun, so physical evolution will not do much. :thumbup:

My friend also said a long time ago that he wondered why our brain wasn't constantly high if it had all the chemicals it needed alright, why not release them? Well it got me thinking, one of the things MDMA does is release serotonin in the brain. What if our brain changes to just have us always rolling and we lived in space stations that have different floors like a constant rave and a room of really soft things where we could sleep and robots go walking around everywhere that are flashing crazy lights that have food and drinks and other cool rooms that rolling people think would be cool and the robots build :grin:

I think rolling seems like a very evolved high class high. I know if I were born in a place like that I would probably stay there, or not explore much. The lack of sense of time helps :tongue: I know I sometimes looking back cant tell if I've been at a rave for hours or weeks :eyemouth:

What do you guys think? We might physically evolve a little more just to get passed some negative effects of (constant) rolling :loveeyes:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Something that came to me one crazy night. [Re: DailyPot]
    #2203543 - 12/27/03 07:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Apparantly cats and dogs have very high serotonin release when they are happy - when they eat, are pet, etc. So when you pat them you are treating them to an e-like experience (maybe - since we can't step inside their heads) though a short one.
Sorry, I know it doesn't answer your question but it's kinda related to the post.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Something that came to me one crazy night. [Re: enotake2]
    #2208906 - 12/30/03 01:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

enotake2 said:
Apparantly cats and dogs have very high serotonin release when they are happy - when they eat, are pet, etc. So when you pat them you are treating them to an e-like experience (maybe - since we can't step inside their heads) though a short one.
Sorry, I know it doesn't answer your question but it's kinda related to the post.

:eek:

That was the other thing I said. Well sorta, that dogs are on a perma-roll :wink:

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2210963 - 12/31/03 02:02 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i think if humans had been on a permaroll, we would have all gone extinct long ago trying to feel how soft that big tigers fur was

plus the natural highs are sort of like a reward system. Sex feels good cause you just did something good for the survival of the species, exercise feels good cause you are making your body stronger and healthier, etc.  If you were always high you would probably just sit around never doing anything cause you got the reward before doing the act.  At least i would.  Unless the reward was an adderol high, then id be doing lots of shit  :grin:

it would be cool to be on a permaroll though

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleYour_Humble_Droog
Stranger

#2211260 - 12/31/03 07:29 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What struck me about e when I first tried it was that I didn't feel intoxicated or inebriated in any way. I felt pretty much normal, only really happy and open. I didn't see why people couldn't feel like this all the time. After about a dozen or so experiences though, I found the affects were becoming less profound and I gradually stopped doing it (also, I discovered shroomies and later on,DMT, And feel these psychedelics to have far more potential for my growth and development). Anyhow, I feel that e gives you a glimpse of the way we should all be but for some reason or other, we foolishly keep ourselves from truly enjoying this life. Life is a wonderful gift and should not be wasted. My aim now is to acheive that state of being without the drug. The key to finding that blissful happiness is to do something with my life that I can feel truly proud of and have comfort in the knowledge that I am doing all that I am capable of to make this a better world. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME IN ALL OF HISTORY!! This cannot be stressed enough. When I look at all the technological advancements that have been made in my lifetime (I'm 22), there is no way of denying that we our on the verge of something big. Developments are occuring at an exponetial rate which means that they will eventually peak off into infinity. I think that this will occur when we produce a truly artificial intelligence. Computers will have access to all of our knowledge and can process this information at speeds far surpassing what even the smartest humans are capable of. They will see the situation that our planet is in and do whatever is necessary to resolve the problems. What will occur in our generation will determine the entire course of human development. I don't know what will result from this, but there is most certainly a purpose for our existence. It is up to us to fulfill it. These ideas are becoming increasingly more popular, particularly among the psychedelic community. That is no coincedence. These substances are trying to tell us something. They are the guideing force of human evolution. Psychedelics are the future. They are the only way to wake people from this damned neurosis we have put ourselves in. This plague of materialism, this insatiable appetite society has for posessions must end. We are conditioned to think that happiness comes from accumulating all the crap that they can peddle at us. Screw that! True happiness eludes us. We need to get our act together and start changing things for the better. It is up to us, the informed. Ignorance is not bliss. Lets not fuck it up. We have everything to lose.

Yikes, that ran on longer than I meant. But dammit, this shits important. The most important thing of all. Peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub