Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinescarywindow
(see theair)(feel thesky)

drugs (and progression from)...
    #2201367 - 12/25/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

okay - i've been doing a lot of thinking lately. i've been a user and abuser of many drugs since i was about 14. i'm now 21. i've learned many things through this path of excess, but now i'm coming to a point where i feel like i need to be letting go of these things. now mind you, i haven't been an addict or abused any other drug besides marijuana for the past 4 years. marijuana being a huge part of my life, i have difficulty when i do not have it around...

this got me thinking...
is marijuana actually aiding my spiritual journey?...
or is it hurting it?...

it seems that i just smoke now to feel normal (that's actually been the case for a few years), and i'm growing tired of 'needing' it.
it used to be a very spiritual thing for me...
now the magic is gone.

does anyone else believe in 'graduating' from drug use?...

any advice on how to get through this and start again?
i'm ready to get started on my path of spiritual awareness again...
and i feel like smoking is hindering me in numerous ways (lucid dreaming being one them)...

thoughts anyone?...
i know i'm surely not alone in feeling this way.

thank you in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: scarywindow]
    #2201374 - 12/25/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

it sounds like you're on the right track. do what you think is best.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2201382 - 12/25/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It is important to touch base occationaly IMO.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2201408 - 12/25/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

im starting to think that weed isnt really a beneficial part of my life. Just the whole scene of smoking weed is getting old, theres no more excitement. i still enjoy it as an occasional thing just to savour the mild lift and the taste, but when i used to get HIGH now i just get tired or stupid. Still thinking about this but when it gets old or isnt good for you, its probably time to stop

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2201431 - 12/25/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think for most people drugs are a phase. You're probably getting passed it.

Besides that everyone needs change in there life, you cant just keep doing the samething over and over again forever, it makes it hard to grow :wink: Thats why alot of people start using, and stop. You're 'normal' is THC always in the brain, its a time for change. You're going to have to find out if you're passed that phase or if you just need a break. Vacations are change too :tongue:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2201557 - 12/26/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When drug use inhibits productivity (this is subjective, mind you), it isn't a bad idea to move on or "graduate."

I, personally, have found psychedelics to be rather exhaustive in regards to profundity. I've had many hiatuses from marijuana (the last one was 18 months) as I've found that [FOR ME] it gets old and fails to do anything but narrow my focus while on it... I should state that when I was a frequent toker that I experienced no noticeable negative side effects (other than fear of urine tests) while sober.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2201687 - 12/26/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I stick with the claim that extreme moderation is key with all drugs.

This I feel has a lot to do with the careful balancing of thought and action..... if one is doing drugs all the time, changes are they are not actually "DOING ANYTHING" with themselves, externally. There can certainly be a LOT of internal changes and growth going on, but one must remember that sobriety is the best state to be in in order to "GET THINGS DONE."

Drugs can assist people in deciding what to do, but they usually won't help them in actually DOING these things..... yin and yang, my man.. that's what I think its all about.

Just like how somebody can spend too much time and money EATING FOOD and not excercising, somebody can also spend too much energy on just thinking or being intoxicated, and will then have less energy for DOING SOMETHING with these thoughts and intoxicated insights.

But, as Dennis Miller would say, of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong. :smile: :-D Don't focus too hard on anything that isn't going to directly assist you in living a comfortable life WELL INTO THE FUTURE.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: Strumpling]
    #2203083 - 12/26/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

eh, maybe take a break and see how you feel.
i know i've done that before and couldn't wait to go back. haven't been smoking for as long as you, tho.
myself, i find it really helps me.. not just the normal 'lets get stizzoned son' but really helps me get through life. as in, i'm a lot less aggressive and aggrivated with people in general, a lot happier in general and a lot kinder to everyone. ie, how i like to be, but can't because i have a hard time getting over how awful most people are, nor how they can get by not feeling the least bit ashamed for how dumb they act

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinewhite_light
being of love
Loc: everywhere..
    #2203093 - 12/26/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I believe that drugs are not meant for us. If they were meant, why would they be created so unhealthy? Look to nature for guidance. I once thought that plant magic was the path, but now I know better. I used to believe in shamanism, but I have lost faith. Once I read everything about it, this used to be a site I read for learning about mushromos, but I have fonud misguidedness is the only thing coming. I'm posting here for the first time to send you this message, I hope you get it and heed my advice, it will help you on your journey.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2203116 - 12/26/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

funny. You say "graduating" from drug use, and you're trying to rationalize your decision through some big idea that you must only do things that help on your spirit path. By that logic you probably should stop doing lots of things. Try simplifying the whole thing. It's not about a fantasy adventure role-playing game notion of spirituality and whether marijuana is a magical plant ally or not, it's about whether or not you want to smoke weed or not. Sounds like you don't want to smoke anymore, so DON'T!

You don't need our advice on whether or not our notion of a flaked-out spirit path involves stopping smoking weed. In my experience weed on a daily basis loses it's magic. Best to break it up, and don't smoke in the morning. Evening's my favourite time. Now stop whining and do what you gotta do.

And what does lucid dreaming have to do with spirituality?

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2203146 - 12/27/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
And what does lucid dreaming have to do with spirituality?

Knowing yourself.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: Revelation]
    #2203245 - 12/27/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I think lucid dreaming can certainly assist one in learning who they are and what they do

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2203248 - 12/27/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

how so?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2203269 - 12/27/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

well now we're talking about lucid dreaming and not drugs, but....

Once one realizes they are dreaming, that they are actually controling everything currently being "experienced," one can then start creating things or attempting to change stuff within the dream.... this is a very awkward process, as rarely is one relaxed enough to have access to this much random shit squiggling around in one's brain, so it is very difficult to control various aspects of it - this is your subconscious meeting your conscious, and the balance of control between the two can vary greatly in this state

thinking of one thing can reveal things that are very loosely associated with the intention, in very creative and insightful ways - to me its like learning how my brain works, lol but I guess that could be said about any activity

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#2203275 - 12/27/03 01:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When you're dreaming, you are basically walking around inside your own mind. Everything you see is created by you. It is you. Interaction with dream characters = interaction with self. Confront the archetypes of your unconscious. Combine this with an exploration of what the imagination is capable of, and I don't see how it could be anything BUT a learning experience.

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: drugs (and progression from)... [Re: Revelation]
    #2203304 - 12/27/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lol but I guess that could be said about any activity

yeah that's what I thought.

I don't see how it could be anything BUT a learning experience.

I don't see how EVERYTHING could be anything but a learning experience.

If interacting with your self and exploring the boundaries of the imagination = learning experience (which I suppose you would say means spiritual), then is this also "spiritual?":

forcing yourself to get out of bed really early (confronting thereby interacting with yourself) and inventing a meal out of stale bread and the bottom tablespoon of every condiment container (exploring what the imagination is capable of).

Generally people like to get mystical about their dreams, and this somehow makes them "spiritual." I disagree.

Do you believe that anything isn't spiritual?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2203317 - 12/27/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't say spiritual..

edit: but I would say that if one is looking heading in a "spiritual" direction, it is good to know how your brain reacts to its own internal stimuli

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (12/27/03 01:44 AM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2203327 - 12/27/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

so NOW do you say "spiritual"?

Edited by Mixomatosis (12/27/03 01:47 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#2203332 - 12/27/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
Do you believe that anything isn't spiritual?

Hmmm....

No.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2203334 - 12/27/03 01:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Settle down man.. I was agreeing with my friend in making the connection between lucid dreaming and KNOWING ONE'S SELF.. I apologize for going off-topic :wink:

And besides, I would think that very "spiritual" people would probably say that nothing is indeed NOT spiritual.

edit: heh i see Revelation's post now hehe..

edit: thanks for removing all the rude comments, rude dude - yes now I say spiritual because you confronted me (then erased it..) .. gee this is great fun

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (12/27/03 01:53 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds