Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Doubts
    #2202920 - 12/26/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ever doubted a trip?
I'm beginning to understand why alot of people I talk to or hear from speak of having a bad second trip.

I dosed once, had a spectacular time on what appeared to be 2.5gs dried. I had a mid level 2 - low level 3 trip. Perfectly satisfied. I plan on doing the same amount for the second trip, maybe a bit closer to three grams.

The trip I have planned out with some really well trusted friends could prove to be a very spiritual one. We're well prepared, small group with 2 sitters, music, food, laying out watching the sunset with blankets during the winter (it's crazy I know). For some reason though I keep getting doubts about it all.

Thinking to myself "what if you have a bad trip" or "what if someone else does and you can't handle it well, what if it's a shitty night and the body high sucks and I feel really cold".

I'm normally really in control of all these thoughts and can keep them in check. During the first trip there was no single negative aspect or thought, but now I've lost site of all the positive shrooming aspects.

Thoughts?

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Doubts [Re: daft]
    #2202944 - 12/26/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

it can cause problems thinking like that, one time i took some shrooms and right after i injested i thought, do i really want to trip?  and forgot about it.........until they started kicking in, then the thought popped in my head one more time, that is when things went bad, it was all crazy and i was really fucked up.  While it was happening i was really scared and thought i was going to die.  I even called my mom at one point and apologized to her for killing myself by experimentation with drugs!!!!!  but after i came down and looking back on it, my bad trip was kind of interesting, and i looked back on it not feeling regret at all, but kind of like a learning experience.  Also, it is the most hallucination ive ever had on any drug, i could see anything straight, my own body was even changing and morphing.......oh shit, back to topic, IMO it can affect you, your thoughts and surroundings and everything have to do with how your trips go. 

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: Doubts [Re: supra]
    #2202950 - 12/26/03 09:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well I'm with lifelong friends, I would only do it if confident enough to enjoy myself, I'll have my year long girlfriend by myside all the way, my fav music, no authority figures (mainly parents) for 24 hours. Plus I wouldn't be doing nearly as much as you obviously did. Just enough to get minor hallucinations, textures, color distortion and enhanced perception. Same as my first dose or a tiny bit more.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
    #2202979 - 12/26/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

messed up post, sorry

Edited by supra (12/26/03 10:06 PM)

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
    #2202980 - 12/26/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hey man, in my case dose didn't matter, that experience was on 3 grams dry, i had tripped on the same shroomies 3 weeks before, but 5 grams dry, and had a normal, but still hard, trip. so take it as you will, you will have a good time, dont worry about it  :thumbup: :grin:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Doubts [Re: supra]
    #2203758 - 12/27/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

From wheroom to shroom , each has a different amount of chemicals in them. THe only way to make evenb goodd trips is to take them by the ounce and evenly grind them up and put them in capsules. But that could bye six to 12 capsules for a trip on cubes. At least it would be an equAL AMOUNTR IN EACH DOSE.

IT is hard but set and setting is most important on how a trip will go.
mj

Althoutgh I have never had a bad shroom trip I have seen people going through extreme paranoia on shrooms with pot and other drugs involved.

And again, set and setting are important to the tripper.

mhj

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2205936 - 12/28/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Set and setting is sooooo important.

If i start to get a little anxious stepping outside, changing music, or just going into a different room can turn things around for me.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Doubts [Re: baraka]
    #2206182 - 12/28/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Always remember just how suggestable a trip is. As baraka said - changing the setting can actually make you forget your anxieties, or just take your attention off them.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #2209731 - 12/30/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've found that messing around with friends works great to distract your mind from negative thought processes, as soon as they started to creep back I just struck up a conversation or walked around a bit.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules