Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineexcessbaggage
Stranger
trip after a relationship?
    #2187733 - 12/18/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Heres my problem:
I've tripped a few times with my now ex bf. He was the only person I ever tripped with, and we had great expriences together. I really would like to trip again even though we are not currently together. I'm hesitant however, that i'll have bad trip from feelings i have connected to mushroom use. And something that may be a seperate issue, it bothers me sometimes to listen to techno music now that i've tripped a few times, because that is mainly what i listen to while tripping. please post your thoughts and or knowledge on either subject. thanks a bunch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: trip after a relationship? [Re: excessbaggage]
    #2187791 - 12/18/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If it's that much of a concern now, it might become an even bigger issue to you when you're actually tripping. You need to change your prespective on mushrooms. You don't have to be limited to tripping with just one person. Tripping on mushrooms can be a wonderful experience, just like many other things can be. I'm sure you've done many other things with your exboyfriend in the past that you have enjoyed that you still plan on doing in the future.

If you decide to take mushrooms again, make sure you're with a good friend. Someone that can reasure you that you don't need your exboyfriend to have a good trip. If you keep yourself preoccupied with the experience of the trip and not letting yourself settle into thought, you will most likely have an outstanding experience. Once you have a good trip without your ex I'm sure you'll no longer have these feeling that he is needed around to have fun. But if you have a bad trip and emotionally break down, tripping for you might not be something you ever consider doing again.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2187891 - 12/18/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I came out of a long term relationship and was still very depressed and decided to trip by myself one night. well I ended up cry uncontroably for like an hour and a half, I never cried so hard and passionate in my life. for some reason it wasn't bad though, actually I kinda liked it, it felt so good to be so unhibited and cry so hard for so long. it was the perfect release. I had a knife that I always carry around since I live in a shitty neighborhood and started playin with it... not a good idea, I started conteplating suicide for a few minutes but then it passed and I started laughing really hard because for the first time in my life I had actually seriously considered killing myself. I jumped up ran to the mirror to make sure I hadn't cut my throat or anything (i was holding it to my throat for abit) and after that I had a great time, I went for complete despair to perfect euphoria. I had experienced every human emotion within a few hours. I think it was one of the best trips of my life, during the comedown it really helped me work out my recent depression, and realize everything was for the best. I wounldn't recommend anyone who isn't really experienced trip in a fragile state of mind though, I could have killed myself that night and not really have cared, something just happened to stop me. that night will always hold a special place in my heart though :heart:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: trip after a relationship? [Re: John]
    #2191706 - 12/19/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Are you sure you aren't my x-gf? lol, well she can't listen to techno now because of our breakup, but that has more to do with our experiences on ecstacy, although we had tripped together as well.

Well we had a messy breakup, hurtful for both of us, and I had been sitting on my shrooms that my friend had grown for 2 months, and was almost out (giving them away to friends) without even doing them myself. I had like 3 eighths left, it was midnight and I had nothign to do, so I rounded up ppl and somehow got them to dose at 12:30am. I had been really scared because I was emotionally scarred from my whole experience for many reasons but I went into the shrooms experience with the mindset that I needed to get over her and get on with my life, for my own good. It turned out to be a great experience, not only because of my mindset but also because of the people I was with.

Make sure you do them, at least this time, with other people you know and like and trust. I agree with jtryptamine, my trip wasn't nearly as hardcore as his but it had elements of it, I came face to face with my sadness and was able to move past it, in a way I don't think I could have done sober. However be careful about tripping alone, not something I would have done :smile:

BTW, welcome to the shroomery, hope to see you around

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: trip after a relationship? [Re: jong21]
    #2193705 - 12/20/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Are you sure you aren't my x-gf? lol

yeah somehow I don't think so :smirk:

p.s. Chicks dig guys who know how to work quik reply :laugh:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisiblePeachMan
Buster

Loc: Gotta Get Back to the Min...
    #2201988 - 12/26/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

jan 1, 2002 i tripped by myself after spending the night with my ex and all sorts of weird confusion (and sex) taking place.... it was not a good time. Latent hurts and feelings surfaced and i flipped. one of the worst trips i've ever had, i was too hurt to even gain anything from it at the time.
Just be certain its something you want to do... i went into the trip with anxiety because i knew that, with the topic of her so heavily on my mind, there was a good chance for a bummer

--------------------
Santa Claus ain't legal-- and he's around.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale