Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

why yuo heah!?!?!11
    #2201935 - 12/26/03 12:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well this is a Spirtuality board..

I was just wondering how some of you people viewed life?

Would you say you view it more as a sort of test? - a set of accomplishments and paths you must walk in order to achieve some goal.

or,  do you think meanings are meaningless and you only live for the sake of being alive?

or do you think nothing really matters so you may as well have as much fun as possible? Life should be as indulgent as possible

Do you visualize situations and problems in metaphorical ways often?  Like would you call something really personally depressing a 'personal demon'    and so forth?  And would you look at overcoming things in life as defeating enemies?

Do you live to meet the standards you feel responsible for?  Like inheriting responsibility from your elders.

Do you live just because it feel like too much work to kill yourself?

Do you live for someone else?

Live for fame and fortune?

Live for girls?

Do you live to see your dream become a reality?

what the hell am I talking about..?.  :stash: :spliff:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: why yuo heah!?!?!11 [Re: Grav]
    #2201981 - 12/26/03 12:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Would you say you view it more as a sort of test? - a set of accomplishments and paths you must walk in order to achieve some goal.

or, do you think meanings are meaningless and you only live for the sake of being alive?

or do you think nothing really matters so you may as well have as much fun as possible? Life should be as indulgent as possible

I'm here to help people. In the meantime, I'm supposed to be productive and live a good life. Be good to people, don't do bad things, live and let live, etc.

I used to only believe in the Bible, but since I started seeing that perhaps God isn't so limited, I've had to start incorporating other ideas into my beliefs.

For instance, I didn't believe in reincarnation. But now I believe that we come back to correct the mistakes we made in our past lives, to learn things that we didn't learn, etc. So I try to leave myself open now to learning lessons, even when they hurt. Doing the right thing, even if it doesn't feel good.

Quote:

Do you visualize situations and problems in metaphorical ways often? Like would you call something really personally depressing a 'personal demon' and so forth? And would you look at overcoming things in life as defeating enemies?

I believe everything happens for a reason. We may not always be there to see how it is resolved, so even if it's something really bad, I will play whatever part I'm supposed to play in it, to the best of my ability, without lying, cheating, etc.

If something bad happens to me, I look at it as Karma. (I'm still learning about Karma, though.)

Quote:

Do you live to meet the standards you feel responsible for? Like inheriting responsibility from your elders.

I don't know what you mean by that. I have standards for myself, and I have goals for myself, based on what I think God wants me to do.

Quote:

Do you live just because it feel like too much work to kill yourself?

I love life and I love people.

Quote:

Do you live for someone else?

Nope.

Quote:

Live for fame and fortune?

Nope.

Quote:

Live for girls?

I are one, but I don't live for boys, either.

Quote:

Well, I've decided that my dream is really what is God's work for me. If I become successful, in this world's view of "success", okay, fine. If not, that doesn't mean I wasn't successful.

There are things I'm doing for people, for which I often don't get paid, but what I do has an effect that I'm not there to see, no matter how small the thing I do.

I told someone once that when we do something good for someone else, the effect of the "good" reverberates exponentially into the future. I liken this to "Pay it Forward". Same with bad, however.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2202089 - 12/26/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good thread, man. :thumbup:

Well, myself, I believe that I am here to experience. The path I take is for my feet only. I try to keep a wider field of awareness and set out to better myself, mentally and physically.

I try to center myself around the unanswerable question that our very existance revolves around. Most people drown it out and never try facing it, and end up straying...

The only standards I strive to live up to are the ones that I have found for myself. I have found a calling and a path of experience that I wish to live in, music. Everything in my life is centered around this. The desire to create and play music, and to have it reach the ears of others..

I also try to keep this game simple. I'm here to enjoy what I am doing and to be able to breathe well while doing it.

I like to keep my senses firing at all cylinders and to observe everything around me, interacting, creating, and acting when I feel the need...

I consider my life like a play. I like to keep an unbiased perspective to my life and what is happening open. In this perspective, people are viewed as characters, there is setting, there is the action and the interactions, the thoughts and the intentions...

I know that I am here. I know that I am breathing. I am me. I live; I dream; I will eventually die. The funny thing about life is that it is whatever you make it out to be. I live my life as I wish to live my life. :mushroom2:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2202093 - 12/26/03 01:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

to help the mind and better yourself!

heh I know if you asked me this question a couple of years ago, i would give you a completely different answers than I would give today. For me at least I know in a couple more years it will change again. 

to me life is everything and so I have everything to live for.  good or bad I believe that if you are looking hard enough in everything you do, you will find answers in some questions.  I just keep in mind though that the more questions you get answered, the more questions get asked.  a vicious and sometimes tiring cyle, but it's worth it to me.  notice how a lot of things in life are cycles?  weird huh?

doesn't mean I am trying to imply that life is about cycles at all, but just take notice of what's around you and how they operate. things work easier for you.  I think one of my main jobs here is to make my time here as comfortable as possible :smile:

why is life worth it to me? because on the fact alone that I exist.  many may laugh but man I have sat down many of times and thought about how crazy it is that I am here.  that I exist, and that I am conscious of it. furthermore I can change my mindset and certain thinking patterns that hinderus.  can we do this consciously???????    the fact that I HAVE questions that I try to answer or find answers to.

I think a bit of life is about learning, but then again a bit of it is about teaching...same thing could be said about the helping of others.

but yeah to me life's crazy, filled with the absurd and the uncertain.  in my perspective this is another reason why i am here.  to experience the unexpected.  and so on...

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2202665 - 12/26/03 08:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

For one reason or another i am here, there is nothing much i can do about that. I was faced with experiences and trials, all of which i never outwardly or conciously asked for. But i think more or less i am just an extension of nature, an organism, that has a conciousness and a means to use it.

Sometimes i dont know why i Live, most of the time i dont really feel like i live a t all, sometimes it feels like a sloths existance, hanging on the tress of life... watching as the mold grows on my body.

Ive tried to come up with some idea for what i am really doing, but i havent found an answer, dont think i will, i guess since i came into this world, i will just go wherever it takes me, do what i gotta do to get things done :wink: .

I like to think that the path i have is the one i make for myself . there may be a groove to it, but no one has ever cleared the brush .

--------------------
What?

Anonymous

#2202682 - 12/26/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

we are god experiencing itself.

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: why yuo heah!?!?!11 [Re: ]
    #2202781 - 12/26/03 09:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I can't see any huge devine purpose to life. I don't see why life needs one of those things
though. It's so marvelous at just doing what it does. So am I just alive for the sake of being
alive? Sure, sounds like a good enough reason for me.

I tend not to metaphoralize things. When you start replacing things with symbols than you're
not appreciating things properly for what they are.

The values I live by are either ones I've made for myself or those I've discovered that conform
to my ethical patterns and moral conceptions. I like to decide things on a case by case
basis. Helps you avoid bigotry.

I'm way too curious about life to be willing to kill myself. Not that I'm not curious about
death, mind you. I just figure I'll get around to dying eventually anyways, so I may as
well check life out pretty thoroughly while I'm already here, eh?

I live to enjoy life. So yes, I live for myself. Not that I don't like other people too...
I'm just not about to live my life for them. At least, not yet.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#2203015 - 12/27/03 12:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i live becuase it just so happens i've been incarnated in this form.  :smirk:

Quote:

this might have something to do with it...

after 20 years i feel as though the purpose for this existence is to experience as many aspects of love as possible.
why...?
because it just makes sense.  (to me)  :tongue2:
thanks for making this thread.

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2203024 - 12/27/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I need a lot more information before I could answer that question in any way I would be comfortable with.

I think I'm here to provide a little clarity, when I can.

I think that everything has a purpose, and that I am no different.

However I'm sure I won't know the true answer to your question until the day I die. Only then will I have the complete picture of my life to work with.

For now...I just try to abide the laws of physics and do so while causing as little harm to others as possible :smirk:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2203060 - 12/27/03 01:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

come on guys I can make up my own silly reasons for living what makes you think I want to read about yours?

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: why yuo heah!?!?!11 [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2203070 - 12/27/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what makes you think i care what you want?
it's called sharing ideas.

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2203071 - 12/27/03 01:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Then don't read them :wink:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: why yuo heah!?!?!11 [Re: trendal]
    #2203073 - 12/27/03 01:12 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

obviously I'm not!

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2203160 - 12/27/03 02:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A couple of things I can think of:

To know who/what I am, as fully as possible. Some people might say "You're a human being, moron!" - but that doesn't really answer anything, it's just a label. One thing I've noticed is that the more I interact with other people, the more I learn about myself.

Life is a mystery. That's just what it is. My goal is simply to understand it as much as possible.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2203370 - 12/27/03 04:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm here to push my beliefs on others and fight! that's right punks!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2203382 - 12/27/03 04:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

obviously I'm not!

HA!

this reminds me very much about a quote in George Carlin's new book. "People who tell you they don't care what you think are usually desperate for you to think you don't care what they think."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: why yuo heah!?!?!11 [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2203388 - 12/27/03 04:33 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

so.. do you care what I think?

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2203394 - 12/27/03 04:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

so.. do you care what I think?

I'm interested in what anyone thinks on this board so long as they weigh in intelligently on the matters at hand. I'm confused as to what your motives are for your replies in this thread.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: why yuo heah!?!?!11 [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2203404 - 12/27/03 04:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't like these kind of threads because they always read like a one-way conversation, which is what they are, I guess. People are always ready to talk about themselves. I just like to see more argeuing, that's all. This is too much of a "goody goody" topic where everybody tries to out do eachother with their noble ideas about life.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2203415 - 12/27/03 04:56 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I don't like these kind of threads because they always read like a one-way conversation, which is what they are, I guess. People are always ready to talk about themselves. I just like to see more argeuing, that's all. This is too much of a "goody goody" topic where everybody tries to out do eachother with their noble ideas about life.

That's cool, there is a lot of dick sucking in this board. I wasn't sure what you were up to. A suggestion would be to post counterpoints or questions that generate discussion.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology