Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemrbart4444
The mycelium whisperer

NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use * 1
    #22019013 - 07/30/15 11:41 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-29/nsw-man-jailed-importing-illegal-drug-gbl-claims-personal-use/6657896
A Queanbeyan man convicted of importing 25 litres of the illegal drug known as GBL has told a Canberra court it was for personal use.

Christopher Walter Thorn, 38, has been sentenced in the ACT Supreme Court to more than two years in jail.

Thorn told the court he bought the drugs from a Shanghai company because his former supplier in Sydney had become too expensive.

The court heard he would have paid $15,000 for the same amount in Australia, when the consignment only cost between $1,000 and $2,000 from China.

The court also heard GBL converts to the compound GHB, also known as liquid ecstasy, when it is consumed.

Thorn said he had lodged a bulk order in October last year because he feared the Chinese operation was closing and supplies might be cut.

Customs officials intercepted three separate parcels containing the drug, one of which was delivered by a police officer posing as a delivery man.

A search of his house also uncovered methamphetamines.

Thorn told the court he had no idea that what he had done carried a life sentence, and the three months he had already spent in jail were awful, terrible and frightening.

Chief Justice Helen Murrell told the court, this case was unusual because of the absence of personal benefit to the offender.

"He was involved in a one-man operation, designed and controlled by himself," she said.

And despite Thorn's admission that he had a recent relapse in drug-taking, Chief Justice Murrell told the court his prospects for reform were good.

"He now appreciates substance abuse has been very damaging to his relationship which he greatly values," she said.

"All these things are likely to greatly reduce the likelihood of relapsing by the offender."

Thorn will be eligible for release in February next year.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMental Taco
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell
Re: NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use [Re: mrbart4444]
    #22019050 - 07/30/15 11:48 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Wow 25 litres.

Isnt ghb like benzos? first that ive heard it called liquid ectasy.

--------------------
Did you not know that the royal hunting grounds are always forbidden?

Invisiblemrbart4444
The mycelium whisperer

Re: NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use [Re: Mental Taco]
    #22019070 - 07/30/15 11:52 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

me to

--------------------

Offlinerickjamez20
Shroomer
Male

Loc: DMT Realm Flag
Re: NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use [Re: Mental Taco]
    #22021715 - 07/30/15 09:38 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Me 3. never heard liquid ecstasy. GHB is like alcohol but clearer i've heard, its a weird drug

--------------------
http://iacopoapps.appspot.com/hopalongwebgl/ https://www.outpan.com/app/44bdd9869c/interactive-fluid-simulation - If you're tripping click here. Thank me later.
Every single person deserves a psychedelic experience, make it happen. :smile:

Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Re: NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use [Re: rickjamez20]
    #22023074 - 07/31/15 06:40 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

"He now appreciates substance abuse has been very damaging to his relationship which he greatly values," she said.

"All these things are likely to greatly reduce the likelihood of relapsing by the offender."

I wonder if they beat that idea into him
Chinese police are worthless

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit

InvisibleLSDylan
bass head
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use [Re: natzyshroomer]
    #22023726 - 07/31/15 11:48 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

natzyshroomer said:

I wonder if they beat that idea into him
Chinese police are worthless

Except the dude is Australian and was busted in Australia haha

I wouldn't import a fucking banned light bulb to Australia let alone drugs. Their customs is apparently nuts.

Edited by LSDylan (07/31/15 11:49 AM)

Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Re: NSW man jailed for importing 25 litres of illegal drug GBL, claims it was bought for personal use [Re: LSDylan]
    #22025637 - 07/31/15 08:40 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

haven't seen many videos of the Australian government ha woops

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service