Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Loc: Nottingham, England
Online European shroom hunters guide?
    #2199943 - 12/24/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I plan to go travelling around europe a bit in the next few years, so does anyone know of a good site with information on what countries are home to what shooms, and their habitat etc? I have a very handy book, but its not much good for looking for info according to location. Any help would be appreciated :smile: :crazy2:

--------------------
You are entering the realm of imagination and dreams, which is not subject to time and space...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Online European shroom hunters guide? [Re: Sorceroom]
    #2199962 - 12/24/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sorceroom said:
I have a very handy book, but its not much good for looking for info according to location. Any help would be appreciated :smile: :crazy2:

I'm confused...

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Re: Online European shroom hunters guide? [Re: Gumby]
    #2200002 - 12/24/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Haha yeah, I struggled to phrase the question. The index in the book lists the names of the mushrooms, but there are no listings for location. For example, I can't simply look in the index for 'Norway'..

--------------------
You are entering the realm of imagination and dreams, which is not subject to time and space...

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2200006 - 12/24/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Your current book probably already has information about habitat. It's a pretty standard bit to include about mushrooms these days.

Your best bet is probably to learn the important features for identification and the habitats for the mushrooms you're interested in, then look for mushrooms wherever you are. If you find some of what you want, great, otherwise try other areas.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Re: Online European shroom hunters guide? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2200017 - 12/24/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It has loads of information about habital. What I mean is it'd take forever to read about every mushroom in the book to find out what part of the world they live in. I simply want a site which lists shrooms according to location :smile:

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2201461 - 12/25/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

what you might want to do is take a look at the document "a world wide distribution of neurotropic fungi" linked to in our mushroom hunting faq. ti will give you a general idea of the distribution of the most common active species in vairous parts of the world. you can further refine your idea of distributions by doing searches onlineincluding areas you will be able to search in and species knowmn to grow at least relatively near by. if you are finding references of finds of these psecies in or near these areas, it is reasonable to assume thayt you might be able to find them.

unfortunately, there are many parts of the world which have native pslocybien mushrooms but are poorly documented with regard to distribution. if you are able to find these mushrooms in areas you where not able to find information on, posting here and other similar [but vastly inferior ;P, jk... ] places on the net will help others following to have useful info on the subject.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2201703 - 12/26/03 04:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What Bo0ok Do You Have?

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2202247 - 12/26/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Welp, judging from the info that i have gathered (it's all here at the shroomery if you poke around real good);
Germany seems to be the shroomiest area of Europe, they have a longer listing of psychoactives than the other Euro-countries, from what i have gathered here.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Online European shroom hunters guide? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2202249 - 12/26/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

'Better yet, just go to Mushroom John's (mjshroomer)'s website; his website has everything you'll need to get yourself started, and more.

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Re: Online European shroom hunters guide? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2202438 - 12/26/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks all! I need to download Acrobat to view MJ's Mushroom Map. I'm sure it'll be worth it though! :smile: Basically, I want to know of species which grow in Portugal as I'll be going there in the summer. I'll probably visit a few more countries, but that's the only definate one :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2222360 - 01/06/04 04:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Make a search on this forum for the word "MAIA" or "portugal". You'll find some pics and ID info.
Coming for the euro ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2222455 - 01/06/04 07:22 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, my paper in the General section of this site on the Worldwide Distribution of the Known Hallucinogenic Species.

or this book by Schleiber in French

Or Jochen Gartz' Magic Mushrooms Around the World (Or the German editions, Narrenschw?mme), or even Paul Stamets Psilocybine Mushrooms of the World.

However, the season in Europe is mostly all in the fall before the freeze or first snows.
There is also a Field Guide to British Psilocybine Mushrooms but only the liberty caps and the p. cyanescens atre the active ones in the book.

mj

mj

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Re: Online European shroom hunters guide? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2223502 - 01/06/04 02:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks MJ and Maia :smile: I should be nicely prepared in time for my travels :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePolecat
Tuga

Loc: Casa do Sino
    #2223687 - 01/06/04 04:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well... I'm sure there's a lot more but you can count with some muscarias in portugal's littoral specially "Costa Vicentina"

good look :smile:

--------------------
www.cogumelosportugal.forum-livre.com

O Caos é uma Ordem por decifrar.
Chaos is Order yet to decipher.

Jose Saramago

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder