Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
First trip... going camping this weekend.
    #2194393 - 12/21/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, myself and 8 of my other good freinds are going on a camping trip this weekend. I am finally getting my chance to have my first shroom trip. Unfortunately, I'm only going to be able to take 2 grams, maybe 2.5. Before I had originally wanted to take an 8th for my first trip, but hopefully this will give me a great first expierence.

Plans are to take it about 30-45 minutes before sunset, smoke some pretty good marijuana after downing the shrooms with orange juice.

Unfortunately I do not know what strain we will be taking.

Any tips for a group of first timers? ( Note: around 2-3 people won't be shrooming, they will serve as sitters. )

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by phEight (12/21/03 08:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: First trip... going camping this weekend. [Re: phEight]
    #2194524 - 12/21/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

all of you are first timers?

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2194563 - 12/21/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

2 grams should be plenty for your first time if they are reasonably good shrooms. When I first started experimenting with them, I too thought that more is better. I had taken large doses of lsd plenty of times, and figured I wouldn't really experience anything unless I took a large dose. After a couple of what you might call bad trips, and years of experience, I have learned that sometimes less is more. This is POWERFUL medicine. It sometimes shows us things we aren't prepared for. I now can usually handle a large dose ok but have a better time on a gram or two.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: First trip... going camping this weekend. [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2194580 - 12/21/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Also make sure you have plenty of warm clothes and blankets, and easily prepared food. Theres nothing worse than being uncomfortably cold or hungry, but being too fucked up to deal with it. I hope you guys have a great time, and be safe. post a trip report.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2195287 - 12/22/03 08:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ah sitters...youll probably wont get along with em during the trip...If they don't have any drugs theyll find ya annoying and weird probably ;p ...

OfflineHIghInOhio
stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Loc: ohio
Re: First trip... going camping this weekend. [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2195846 - 12/22/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

lots of blankets; sometimes blankets are my only friends...

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2196009 - 12/22/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's true, you probably will not get along with your sitters, especially if they have never tripped on shrooms. I would recommend that your sitters smoke ALOT of herb, so they won't be in a fake, sober state of mind where they can't connect with you atall. Chances are they will confuse you alot since they won't know what you're trying to explain to them while tripping, and they'll say things that makes them sound like evil little elves that trying to trip you out.

I would recommend bringing some paper and pencils/pens to draw with, that's usually really fun during the come up.

Have fun on your journey, and remember.... gO wIth tHe fLowWwWwWwWw...

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #2196176 - 12/22/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'd delay smoking nugs until you start to feel nauseous or start getting visuals. Whenever I trip with my friends we all usually wait because the pot can save you from puking. I've noticed if I smoke early, I'll get nauseous AND be tripping really hard so it'll get worse and smoking more will only make me more ill. But YMMV. Have fun man, you've got nothing to worry about.

OfflineShizpow
Street Samurai

Loc: Oregon
    #2197218 - 12/23/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As far as the sitters go, they might be a bit of a drag as others have noted, but then again they might be perfect for your state of mind. As long as they're cool people who can deal with anything you say and take it in stride and realize that you're fucked up, then you're all good. One of my fondest memories is of a new years eve when I was peaking on just over 5 grams and a sober friend of mine read me a passage out of James Joyce's "Portrait of the artist as a young man." It was an unbelieveably gorgeous passage about death, and he had chosen it and bookmarked it just for me, and waited till i was peaking to read it to me because he knew how much I'd love it. That was incredibly thoughtful of him and put me in a great mood. Anyway...sorry to ramble. And 2.5g did me gooood my first time, enjoy.

--------------------
If you cut a face lengthwise, urinate on it, and trample on it with straw sandles, it is said that the skin will come off. This was heard by the priest Gyojaku when he was in Kyoto. It is information to be treasured.

InvisibleNNDIMITRI
Starrider

Loc: Czech Rep.
    #2198681 - 12/23/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

2 grams is a low dose if they are basic cubensis

1) don't eat for 1 to 2 hours before eating the shrooms to get the most out of them.

2) chew them and keep them in between your cheek and gum for 1/2 hour juicing them

3) don't eat for at least an hour after eating them.

4) opiates take off the hard edge. if no opiates then a shot or two of whiskey will smoothe over an edgy trip, should you need to.

5) keep in mind that mushies show you heaven and hell and that a hell experience will dissolve into a good experience as soon as you stop judging yourself.

6) relax and breathe if you feel uncomfortable

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

#2199188 - 12/24/03 04:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The worst trip I ever had was camping with people who had never triped b4.

2 people fliped out. Trying to keep them calm was a real trip killer.

A sitter might be a good idea if your a first timers.
I've noticed when people trip they will play off the people around thems emotions.
If someones wigging out it's not cool trying to deal with them if ur on a level 5 trip.
Thats where the sitter can help alot.
It's best to get the person whos scared or having a problem away from the others but keep them feeling safe.
Usually a person who isn't triping can help better than someone who is.
Just remember if u start having a bad time it will go away and u won't be like this forever no matter if it feels like your never going to be normal again.

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
Re: First trip... going camping this weekend. [Re: Chills420 version2]
    #2199801 - 12/24/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

some of my most memorable psychedelic excursions were had during camping trips. my first shroom trip was at the lovely nelsons ledges...walking through the woods with good friends, sharing the moment with people who mean something to you. a lot ca be taken from your first mushroom trip, enjoy yourself!

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom