Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelionhead
Stranger
small "fruits"
    #2199332 - 12/24/03 09:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well i had to pick some of my first crop yesterday, because the caps were fully open, but unfortunately they came in a little small. the caps were about 1 inch in diameter. the mushrooms i've consumed in the past have usually been around 2 inches diameter. what may be the cause of this?

here are some factors with my grow:
1. casing technique
2. during daylight it gets indirect sunlight (i.e., whatever light is floating around in the room) and during the night it gets a few hours of light from a table lamp sitting basically right next to the case. i was thinking maybe the lamp is too close, so the mushrooms aren't "stretching" for light. or that they're not getting enough light.
3. the temperature where they're growing is usually 70 degrees. not very warm.

what suggestions can you give me to get the rest of these shrooms to grow to a respectable size?

thanks in advance

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: small "fruits" [Re: lionhead]
    #2199370 - 12/24/03 10:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

probably has a lot to do with your unnamed substrate, casing depth, and technique.

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: small "fruits" [Re: lionhead]
    #2199878 - 12/24/03 05:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

plura is right....

Its christmas eve, perhaps Ill help you out.

The small fruitbodies could be a result of your substrate-it not having enough nutrients. Perhaps the substrate layer wasnt deep enough-and thus didnt contain enough nutrients.

Maybe it was lack of moisture, which does make up 90% of the fruitbody. Perhaps the air wasnt humid enough, maybe the spawn wasnt moist enough, maybe too dry.

Perhaps they didnt get enough oxygen/air exchange.

The light factor has little to do with it, only to innitiate pinning, other than that I cant see how it would effect the size of your mushrooms.

It could be any factor that one needs to know to successfully grow. If you want to ask a question, keep in mind what kind of answer you want. Maybe descripe your situation alittle, its kinda foolish to ask someone "my mushrooms are alittle fucked up, what did I do?"......for one, you could of reread some of the cultivation teks, but if you wish to ask a question that you could very easily answer by yourself on the forum, make sure you at least know what you are trying to ask.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: small "fruits" [Re: dmc_]
    #2200010 - 12/24/03 06:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My friend had this problem too, but after dunking he got considerably larger fruits, i'd recommend doing it. Yet in a casing he has noticed small fruits most of the time, yet the number of them has always made up for their size.

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: small "fruits" [Re: Cloud9]
    #2200020 - 12/24/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i always think that a water content in the substrate is a direct indication of mushroom size. fact- mushrooms are 90% water fact- try dunking its very obvious.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: small "fruits" [Re: dmc_]
    #2200036 - 12/24/03 07:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Raged666 said:
plura is right....

Its christmas eve, perhaps Ill help you out.

The small fruitbodies could be a result of your substrate-it not having enough nutrients. Perhaps the substrate layer wasnt deep enough-and thus didnt contain enough nutrients.

Maybe it was lack of moisture, which does make up 90% of the fruitbody. Perhaps the air wasnt humid enough, maybe the spawn wasnt moist enough, maybe too dry.

Perhaps they didnt get enough oxygen/air exchange.

The light factor has little to do with it, only to innitiate pinning, other than that I cant see how it would effect the size of your mushrooms.

It could be any factor that one needs to know to successfully grow. If you want to ask a question, keep in mind what kind of answer you want. Maybe descripe your situation alittle, its kinda foolish to ask someone "my mushrooms are alittle fucked up, what did I do?"......for one, you could of reread some of the cultivation teks, but if you wish to ask a question that you could very easily answer by yourself on the forum, make sure you at least know what you are trying to ask.

wow you registered yesterday and you're already being rude to people.
great way to introduce yourself......HAVE A 1 SHROOM RATING.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: small "fruits" [Re: Hanky]
    #2200047 - 12/24/03 07:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yes, Im a bad man.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation