Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJay_Tech
Stranger
Indoor cultivation question
    #993279 - 10/25/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have decided to go with indoor cultivation. When it comes time to fruit, would it be okay to get a decent sized tupperware/rubbermaid box (the large kind that can hold clothes and can be stored under your bed), and would I need to place a loose plastic bag over it or just leave the top on it? Also, do i HAVE to place perlite a half inch all the way across the bottom? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugi187
Neo

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Indoor cultivation question [Re: Jay_Tech]
    #993286 - 10/25/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

using a rubbermaid container would be just fine. That is what I use as my terrium I put the top on it and than cover it with a blanket but u dont have to do that. That is just what I do. Just make sure that the shroomies get some light soo they know which way to grow. If you dont put enough perelite in the container u will not have enough humidification.

Peace

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Indoor cultivation question [Re: Jay_Tech]
    #6766079 - 04/09/07 03:24 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Most people either use rubbermaid tubs or martha greenhouses.

The problem with putting it under your bed is that you're limiting your height. You want to have it tall enough for your shrooms to grow. Take into consideration the depth of your perlite if used, depth of substrate, and then enough room for a shroom to grow however tall.

1/2" of perlite won't cut it IMO, you need 3-4" of soaked/drained perlite.

Leave the lid on your tub but drill some holes for FAE.
FUGI187, you said you have a blanket over your tub. That does't sound like you're getting much FAE and that will greatly hinder your fruits.
And yes, don't forget light.

Offlinemarshan
scorpion

Re: Indoor cultivation question [Re: fugi187]
    #21991499 - 07/24/15 05:45 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I am new to this.... I am wondering. I am using sterilized rye berries. I haven't inoculated yet. I am planning on it this evening. Do I inoculate and then cover it and leave it in closet? The temp in there is about 80 degrees. when do I have to introduce light to my crop? Also, how do I know when to harvest? I have never done this before. I understand the S.O.P of creating the substrate and putting it in my monotub. It's just a little overwhelming and no one makes it clear when to introduce light and for how long each day and when to harvest. Thank you.

OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: Indoor cultivation question [Re: marshan]
    #21991734 - 07/24/15 06:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

marshan said:
I am new to this.... I am wondering. I am using sterilized rye berries. I haven't inoculated yet. I am planning on it this evening. Do I inoculate and then cover it and leave it in closet? The temp in there is about 80 degrees. when do I have to introduce light to my crop? Also, how do I know when to harvest? I have never done this before. I understand the S.O.P of creating the substrate and putting it in my monotub. It's just a little overwhelming and no one makes it clear when to introduce light and for how long each day and when to harvest. Thank you.

If you have an inoculation port, inject through that with about 1-2cc of the MS syringe(I'm assuming) and leave it alone, don't shake it. Let the jars sit at room temp(73-78f is ideal) until the mycelium has covered about 30% of the jar. Then shake that jar up good to disperse the uncolonized grains, this will increase colonization times. Check the jars again when the jar looks 100%.

Shake them again and mix the loose grains with the pasteurized substrate of your choosing. (Coir/vermiculite is the easiest). I wouldn't work with hpoo until you're 100% confident in your pasteurizing skills. Once you mix the grains in a ratio of 1:2, put the lid of the tub on and let it colonize for at least 5 days. Then check on the tub to see if the surface is covered, and let it finish up for another couple of days.

THEN open up the lid and introduce lighting on a 12/12 schedule(natural sunlight works fine or use a 6500K daylight bulb if you prefer) and take the tape off your pre-made holes and stuff with polyfil to provide fresh air. Look up monotub construction teks. There's plenty out there. Good luck

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor cultivation question [Re: marshan]
    #21991798 - 07/24/15 06:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

marshan said:

Make your own thread instead of bumping one from 12 years ago.  Can't be that hard.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck