Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinefirstTIMER420
Born the son of a sharecropper..
Male User Gallery

Loc: US, maybe?
spore syringes unviable
    #21960967 - 07/18/15 03:13 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, I recently ordered several spore syringes and the dumb cunt who delivers my mail unfortunately for some reason put them in my mailbox. This is the first time she's done it so I don't know why but she did.

Basically, I need to know what temp spores start becoming unviable at, as I clocked the temp at 90 when I brought them inside, and they most likely were out there for a few hours.

Please let me know, I don't want to waste time and jars innocing something with bunk spores.

Thanks

--------------------
12 34 http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22386794[/url]
--Anything posted by this account is completely fictitious--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSteveRogers
gandy dancer
 User Gallery

Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: firstTIMER420]
    #21961020 - 07/18/15 03:22 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Don't call her that for doing her job. Your syringe is fine. I could call you the same thing for not using the search function and making this thread.

Calm down.

--------------------
"General, I am loyal to nothing......except The Dream"

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: SteveRogers]
    #21961182 - 07/18/15 04:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yea cunt they grow in Texas and flordia in 100f weather sometimes.

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Male User Gallery

#21961185 - 07/18/15 04:03 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

her job? Because of this girl, I have gotten mail two weeks late  before.  Before I had ever even spoken to her, she called her supervisor who then called my house and told me she said I threatened her and all this BS. Shes nuts.

From what ive read, being at 100+ for extended periods of time can damage spores and make them unviable, I was just wanting to either confirm or deny this.

--------------------

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

#21961199 - 07/18/15 04:09 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:whateveryousayfreak:

--------------------

OfflineSokamin
Mushroom Enthousiast

Loc: Holland, Shroom City Flag
    #21961302 - 07/18/15 04:38 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

The thermal death limit of spores start at 122F (50C). But the easiest way to find out if they are still viable is to just use the syringe.

--------------------
~~ keep growing, keep printing, keep tripping ~~
Grown: | Arg. | Austr. | B+ | BHT| Burma | Cam. | Cam. Gold | Escondido | GM | GT | Keepers Creepers | (T) Koh Samui | Lizard King | Malabar | McKennaii | Mex. Dutch King | Moby Dick | Orissa | Penis Envy | PES H. | Transkei | Treasure Coast | Z-strain | Psi. Mex. A |
Working on: | Brazil | Colum. Rust. | Guadalajara | Syzygy | Vietnam |

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: Sokamin]
    #21961314 - 07/18/15 04:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Also that's 122F surrounding them. Outside may say 100+F, but the real way to tell what temperature it is, is to measure the temperature of a glass of water. Technically that would be more accurate.

I seriously doubt it's bad man.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Male User Gallery

#21961350 - 07/18/15 04:48 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

that also involves wasting ingredients and most of all time(besides the fact that I paid money for the shit)

ill just start them on agar and see where it goes from there.

also, lets say I squirt a few drops of the syringe on some agar, should I re cap the needle of just use a new nipple?

--------------------

OfflineSokamin
Mushroom Enthousiast

Loc: Holland, Shroom City Flag
    #21961363 - 07/18/15 04:51 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not a big fan of using a sterile syringe and recapping it, but if you do I suggest you heat up the needle after you used it, recap it with the cap you had, and reheat the needle again before using the syringe again. And just to be safe after that, just let a little bit of water out the syringe and then inject it to your next target.

--------------------
~~ keep growing, keep printing, keep tripping ~~
Grown: | Arg. | Austr. | B+ | BHT| Burma | Cam. | Cam. Gold | Escondido | GM | GT | Keepers Creepers | (T) Koh Samui | Lizard King | Malabar | McKennaii | Mex. Dutch King | Moby Dick | Orissa | Penis Envy | PES H. | Transkei | Treasure Coast | Z-strain | Psi. Mex. A |
Working on: | Brazil | Colum. Rust. | Guadalajara | Syzygy | Vietnam |

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21962051 - 07/18/15 07:43 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

One drop is all you need. Agar floods easily so it helps to use an inoculation loop or cotton swab to make sure you don't add too much and to help you streak it on the agar.

Flame the needle when you're done to vaporize any water left in it and it'll fine. I've even stored syringes without any cap they were fine. Not saying you should do that, just that if you can do that then obviously placing a used cap on them is not going to be a problem.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: β˜…
Trusted Cultivator
    #21962085 - 07/18/15 07:48 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hey so, since this dude is ignoring me I can totally spam his thread with random bullshit and he won't see it.  Nobody give it away!

In fact, this is my thread now.  Let's talk about people who don't use the search function.  What's the DEAL with that, right?
:thefuckisthis:

If you quote me directly, he won't see that either, so we can all have a secret conversation in here right under his nose.  That sounds like a barrel of monkeys!

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

InvisibleSteveRogers
gandy dancer
 User Gallery

Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: Inocuole]
    #21962095 - 07/18/15 07:52 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

what IS the deal indeed? I almost just feel like it's a massive troll.....

--------------------
"General, I am loyal to nothing......except The Dream"

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #21962114 - 07/18/15 07:56 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SteveRogers said:
what IS the deal indeed? I almost just feel like it's a massive troll.....

No.. I think it's possible that he could actually be that dense.  He asks simple questions that could be easily answered with a search EVERYWHERE, and I hear he likes to PM people in droves as well.

See, I figure this because, if he were a troll, I'm like, a troll's dream.  I react to everything in an extreme fashion.  If he were trolling there's NO WAY he'd have ignored me, because I am the reaction people probably seek when they troll.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola

OfflineOPB
Wanderer

#21962274 - 07/18/15 08:30 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
This is OPB not Inocuole. So if I write in your quote as if I were you is that ignored as well? If so that's some next level sneaky type shit

--------------------
"Wasn't that fun"

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #21962283 - 07/18/15 08:32 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

All that I can say is LOL. I was ranting about that in AAW.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: OPB]
    #21962322 - 07/18/15 08:42 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mad Season said:
All that I can say is LOL. I was ranting about that in AAW.

That's what gave me the idea.

Quote:

OPB said:
Quote:

Inocuole said:
This is OPB not Inocuole. So if I write in your quote as if I were you is that ignored as well? If so that's some next level sneaky type shit

If even one quote by me is present in a post the whole post will be ignored, yes.  Or maybe it's just the quote, that would be super weird.  I wouldn't know, ignoring people is for chumps.

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

OfflineMagicInMichigan
Internal conquistador
Male

Loc: Michigan,U.S.A.
    #21982611 - 07/22/15 11:46 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

firstTIMER420 said:
her job? Because of this girl, I have gotten mail two weeks late  before.  Before I had ever even spoken to her, she called her supervisor who then called my house and told me she said I threatened her and all this BS. Shes nuts.

From what ive read, being at 100+ for extended periods of time can damage spores and make them unviable, I was just wanting to either confirm or deny this.

Quote:

firstTIMER420 said:
Hey, I recently ordered several spore syringes and the dumb cunt who delivers my mail unfortunately for some reason put them in my mailbox. This is the first time she's done it so I don't know why but she did.

Basically, I need to know what temp spores start becoming unviable at, as I clocked the temp at 90 when I brought them inside, and they most likely were out there for a few hours.

Please let me know, I don't want to waste time and jars innocing something with bunk spores.

Thanks

WTF is this shit? Originally I gave you the benefit of the doubt as I myself am new to all this too, but this shit is nuts.

First off, there is no way a random mail lady would even know who you are to call on UNLESS you had harassed her first(which now I personally would put money on and I'm definitely not a gambling man) and that's just kinda sad IMO.

Second off, you're mad because the mail woman/"cunt" put your mail in the box like she's suppose to do? That makes a lot of sense. You got mail 2 weeks late? wooooow welcome to the US Postal Service, it sucks sometimes and generally its lost in a truck or plane or at the office and not by the lady delivering it. If it was it's not like she purposely did it so there was absolutely no reason for you to harass her.

Third off, all you had to do to answer this and basically every one of your questions is just search and read info. I ask questions from time to time as well, but not every one that pops into my head because I found the magical empty white bar in the top right corner of the website. That answers 98% of my questions in the first page of results.

Your spores are fine, like the threads show if you search for "spore temp heat" in the search bar.

I understand now why everyone is getting angry with you, I offered help and it's pointless. You ignore what everyone says dude, in this very thread someone said to use only a drop or so of Ms solution on agar and you didn't even listen to that judging by your message. I wish you the best of luck but I don't have the answers you are seeking, I'm a noob too. I was willing to help until I read your posts in this thread and a few others I just noticed.

Ignorance and inability to adapt and lack of patience will do nothing but mess you up in this hobby. I was impatient in the very beginning and I had contams because of it. Read, read, read, and read some more like I've been doing the past 6mths while growing and learning before I even signed up on here. Its made it a lot easier on me.

I probably sound like a hypocrite now as I told you to ask me things and I would ask other people or try to find the answer but I'm unwilling to do that if you are unwilling to ^^do any of the legwork yourself. Also I thought people were hard on you and maybe they were, but I see where they are coming from now, ask stupid questions that are easily answered by reading and you will get sarcastic rude answers. I personally will no respond anymore as I don't think I have anything else helpful to add to any of your threads.

--------------------
β€œthe only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

I surround myself with people who aren't afraid to live. They have had what they love most taken from them, be it freedom, love, money, or anything for that matter. When you lose your greatest love you also lose your greatest fear, when that happens you are completely and utterly free.

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: MagicInMichigan]
    #21982681 - 07/23/15 12:08 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

FLAME ON! :onfire:

Yeah OP they should be viable, sorry you have bad luck with the postal service, i feel your pain :lol:

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #21983331 - 07/23/15 06:49 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

OP needs to pay the troll toll 

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore syringes unviable [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21983394 - 07/23/15 07:17 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

We're not playing the game where we spam his thread anymore?

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures