Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChillyShed
ThaFungusNurturer
Loc: Mechanicsburg, PA
Comparing religions
    #2196045 - 12/22/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My parents are Hindu and I, like they were, were brought up in the Hindu tradition. My parents are quite open minded and never forced the beliefs unto me, instead they let me delve into religions and pick out what I liked. I see religions as all having the same basic precepts: love, compassion, etc. Out of all the religions I have read about, my favorite by far is Buddhism. In my opinion, Buddhism and Hinduism are the most peaceful religions. Have you ever noticed that a Buddhist or a Hindu will never try to convert someone else. The notion of converting someone else bothers me quite a bit. I don't like it when Christians say that if you don't accept Jesus as the savior and son of God, then you will be damned to hell. I think that Jesus was certainly a wiseman who left the world enlightened like many prophets before him. I think that a lot of aspects in Christianity were made by Christians in order to make them feel more comfortable with their beliefs. I was wondering how everyone else felt about this issue and which religion you like best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Comparing religions [Re: ChillyShed]
    #2197106 - 12/23/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

From my understanding, Buddhism appeals a lot to me. Its more of a path and a way of personally building something within you, instead of just adding your name to a list and fufilling your obligation by showing up every week.

I guess some people just need the feeling of having a leader of sorts, and others prefer to let it all come from within.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Comparing religions [Re: ChillyShed]
    #2197834 - 12/23/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Love, Compassion, Giving, Caring, Respecting, Trying. These are perfections taught by almost all faiths. By themselves, these ideals cannot degenerate. They are non-deceptive objects. Though, every vehicle which carries these ideals is always prone to degeneration, including Hinduism and Buddhism. I don't mean to suggest that all vehicles of faith are inherently unfavourable, just that we need to have the capacity to discern between practice which honors the realizations of perfect objects such as love, compassion and so forth, and beliefs that do not, regardless of our faith.

There are reasons that Hinduism and Buddhism have maintained a distinguishable purity. Hinduism has always kept as one of it's main dictums the belief that all seperateness is just illusion. If properly instructed this way under a Hindu school, it is very difficult to raise a weapon in defense of Hindu ideology. The potential for divisiveness is not present in this way.

The same applies to Buddhism, but with the added efforts of all the lineage holders over many centuries who worked tirelessly and without wavering to establish verbal and written mechanisms which protect the integrity of the teachings. Dharma teachings are held in highest regard, as jewels. Those who are most admirable in the preservation of Dharma are said to be Dharma Protectors.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order