Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
Gun Control, does it work?
    #2197424 - 12/23/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hope you like this one

In England, gun control is serious business. This doesn?t make it any less violent, it just means that wrong-doers have to be creative when it comes to weaponry. Authorities recently received a complaint from a 21-year-old man saying he been attacked and bitten by a man wielding a toaster. The incident, which resulted in the theft of $18 and a gold chain, took place in Coventry, 95 miles northwest of London

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: Granola]
    #2197427 - 12/23/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When toasters are outlawed, only criminals will have toasters.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#2197439 - 12/23/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by mushmaster (12/23/03 09:24 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: ]
    #2197441 - 12/23/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Edit your link so it works.

Never mind.... here ya go.

Guncite

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (12/23/03 09:19 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2197448 - 12/23/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

the page you're linked to there (spelled with an "s") is a different organization with a different page. it's a gun training school in arizona or something.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2197457 - 12/23/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OK try clicking your link.

It the meantime I'll fix mine.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2197464 - 12/23/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

fixed. thanks.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2197504 - 12/23/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'd rather they came at me with toasters than guns.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: Xlea321]
    #2197513 - 12/23/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If I'm in my house and they come at me with a toaster, I'll be glad to have one of my guns handy to pistol whip them with.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2197518 - 12/23/03 10:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You could throw two slices of bread at them  :smile2:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #2197532 - 12/23/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Personally, I think all guns should be illegal...in addition, I think that we should all be implanted with paralysis devices at birth, and we should have to apply to the local authorities to be able to move around, urinate, etc....

I don't care if I have to be chained to a bed and fed intravenously...as long as my government keeps me safe!

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous

Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: Enlil]
    #2197543 - 12/23/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

haha.

but really. that's not even the issue with guns. it's not that you'd be giving up freedom for security. gun control laws do not make you safer. if that was the case, their proponents might actually have an argument.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2197566 - 12/23/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Of course they dont...but that is the major selling point of it...it is the same political argument over and over...three children were kidnapped and hacked to pieces, so we need to have stricter controls over television. Gangs are out of control, so we need tougher drug laws...Bananas are dying as a species, so we need warning lables on toasters...

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2197581 - 12/23/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think if a guy came at me with a toaster i'd start laughing and tease him until he left ashamed that he's holding a toaster.

then shoot him in the back with my gun.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2197672 - 12/23/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Look...I think we can all agree that all toasters aren't "bad"...But lets face it...what legitimate purpose can the average homeowner have for one of those giant conveyor belt toasters? I'm not saying that all toasters should be banned, but there has to be some reasonable middle ground.

I realize that this country has a long tradition of toasting its bread, pop tarts, bagels, english muffins, and yes...even eggos...I am not talking about that kind of toasting....

Unless you own a quiznos, I just dont see why you would need automatic feed toasters...It is a reasonable compromise of my rights to regulate such things.

Not to mention the media...You cant turn on a television anymore without seeing someone with a toaster...it makes the whole thing more glamorous and surreal. I think that people today arent cognizant of the reality of how much damage toasters do every year. Not to mention the inadvertant toastings when children see the parents using the toaster and end up playing with it when the parents arent watching.

How many people have to get injured, scarred, or worse before this country realizes that we no longer need toasters for survival?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2197680 - 12/23/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
    #2197777 - 12/23/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
I just dont see why you would need automatic feed toasters...It is a reasonable compromise of my rights to regulate such things.

dont dorget to implement a ban on 'hi-capacity' toasters, is there really a need for 4-6 slices at once!

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#2197987 - 12/23/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

also, dont forget to ban ultra-quiet toasters and toasters that can toast bread in 10 seconds...

:edited for spelling:

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Edited by automan (12/24/03 12:43 AM)

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Gun Control, does it work? [Re: automan]
    #2198287 - 12/23/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thumbs up all around on the toaster ban humor, keep it up :smile:

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2198367 - 12/23/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Granola said:
hope you like this one

In England, gun control is serious business. This doesn?t make it any less violent, it just means that wrong-doers have to be creative when it comes to weaponry. Authorities recently received a complaint from a 21-year-old man saying he been attacked and bitten by a man wielding a toaster. The incident, which resulted in the theft of $18 and a gold chain, took place in Coventry, 95 miles northwest of London

What do you mean exactly by "does gun control work?" It works great at preventing honest, law-abiding citizens, the majority of the gun owners now, from owning guns. It might work at lowering the number of gun crimes, but more crime will take it's place, as in people with knives instead of guns. It would work fantastically if a dictator wanted to restrict all possible methods of uprising in the citizenry, so he enacted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order