Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
Birdseed question.
    #2197684 - 12/23/03 01:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

This is my first attempt at WBS, and I think I may have screwed something up. I simmered the WBS for thirty min, drained for 30 min, loaded into jars and PC'd for 1 hour. I allowed to cool overnight, and knocked them up the next day. One quart jars were innoculated w/2.5 cc's of Lipa Yai each. The lids are ventilated w/polyfill and a coffe filter. They've been kept @ 80 degrees in a dark enviroment. Still no colonization whatsoever. I shook it today, and I noticed that the grains kind of stick together. There's also some white pasty stuff in there. I think I either didn't rinse the WBS well enough after the simmer, or I didn't let it drain enough, and it's too moist. If it's too moist is there any way to dry it out some? Luckily, I knocked up a few PF Jars at the same time, and they're doing awesome. Thanks in advance for any help.

--Cooltuba

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: Birdseed question. [Re: Cooltuba]
    #2197694 - 12/23/03 01:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ithought the same thing had happened to me, I decided to wait 1 more week, and now everything is going well, just try to give them a little more time. When did you innoculate them?

Don't shake, don't touch, leave in a dark heated (84-86 degrees) place and wait 2 weeks without even looking at them, then see where you are.

--------------------

OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
Re: Birdseed question. [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2197703 - 12/23/03 01:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

JetBlackNinja,

I innoculated them about 2 weeks ago. I won't throw them out unless I see something growing that definately isn't mycelium. Another thing I just thought about is that when reading teks on WBS, they're usually innoculating with some type of g2g or agar growth, not spore syringes. I wonder if starting from spores just takes longer on WBS than PF cakes. I read your other post, and I'm curious as to how fast they colinized once you saw the first mycelial growth? Thanks JetBlackNinja!

--Cooltuba

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2197715 - 12/23/03 02:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Mine went straight from syringe into seed. That was the way wrong way to go. It took forever, but it is finally starting to happen.

I will do a few things differently next time to try to speed along the process. First of all I am researching liquid innoculant cause that seems to shave tons of time off the process.

Also I have about 20 Agar jars waiting for cloning time.

Plus there is never anything wrong with running a few PF style per batch to insure at least a few prints if nothing else.

All in all patience cause syringe into seed is going to take awhile, and it will never happen if you keep shaking them, touching them, and exposing them to light.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #2198229 - 12/23/03 06:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"There's also some white pasty stuff in there"
sounds like bacterial contams to me.if they start to smell like old socks,discard them and change to a different brand of WBS.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation