Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen
    #2191753 - 12/19/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

someone just ordered a bunch of rape seed, will this be a sutible source of rape seed pollen or more specificly brassinosteroids?

heres the study if u dont know about the wonders of brassinosteroids

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: amyloid]
    #2191959 - 12/19/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe if you could extract it.... I don't know if the pure pollen would have any effect. There was a conversation here a while ago about this if you want to read it, once the search fuction is back up.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: micro]
    #2192093 - 12/19/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

BTW -- pressure coocking it would probably destroy it.

--
Micro

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2192156 - 12/20/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You will have to plant the rape seeds, grow them, harvest a few pounds of pollen and then extract a few milligrams of brassionosteroids.....
Much work if you ask me.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2192234 - 12/20/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know the facts, but it sounds like someone is setting themselves up for rape....perhaps the name of the seed is very fitting in this case...perhaps not.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinejustsmurfy
little bluetwerp

Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: Joshua]
    #2192743 - 12/20/03 11:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Rape seed (Brassica rapa) had a name change for marketing reasons...  It's now usually refered to as canola.  Yeah, 'rape oil' probably wouldn't go over quite as well.  :grin: By the way, turnips are also Brassica rapa.  Yummy!  If properly prepared.

-JustSmurfy

--------------------
Unsuitable for Human Consumption

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: Anno]
    #2193042 - 12/20/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

- Much work if you ask me.

have you tried it before?

and how complicated is this extraction?

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

#2193191 - 12/20/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

See:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...=&fpart=all

Also, here's something:

HPLC Fractionation and Identification of BRs
Cultured cells and medium were collected at approximately 54 h when the rate of tracheary element formation was approximately 5% and then stored at -80?C. The stored cells (total 63.4 g fresh weight) were sonicated and extracted three times with methanol. The medium (total 1,500 mL) was filtrated with a filter paper (qualitative filter paper No. 1, ADVANTEC, Higashiosaka, Osaka, Japan) and extracted three times with chloroform. After evaporation of both solvents in vacuo, the crude extract was partitioned two times between chloroform and water. The chloroform soluble fractions were subjected to silica gel chromatography (Sep-Pak Vac 10 g/35 cc for the elute derived from the cells, Sep-Pak Vac 1 g/6 cc for the elute derived from the medium; Sap-Pak Vac, Waters, Milford, MA). The column was subsequently eluted with chloroform, 2% (v/v) methanol in chloroform, and 7% (v/v) methanol in chloroform. Both the 7% (v/v) methanol fractions were subjected to octadecylsilane (ODS)-HPLC (Senshu Pak, ODS-1151-D, 4.6 ? 150 mm) at a flow rate of 1 mL min-1 with the solvents of 65% (v/v) acetonitrile. HPLC fractions were collected every 1 min. HPLC fractions corresponding to 3 g fresh weight cells and 500 mL medium were subjected to bioassay as described above.

(http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=64857)

--
Micro

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: justsmurfy]
    #2194174 - 12/21/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Rape oil is nice and just plain considerate. Rapists who offer no lubrication are the lowest of the low.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: micro]
    #2194186 - 12/21/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

oh well, it was only 80c/lb.. ill just make a rape seed cake

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #2196216 - 12/22/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think a better use for rape seed would be as a supplement, use it like spawnmate. Just autoclave it dry first, then mix into bulk substrate at the time of spawning. Search for more info on spawnmate and it's substitutes if interested.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: mycofile]
    #2196437 - 12/22/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The spawnmate and amycel website are both hacked right now.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2196490 - 12/22/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2196498 - 12/22/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Crazy crackers.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2196754 - 12/22/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

quick, before they patch that vuln lets order a million billion pounds of spawnmate!

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2197198 - 12/23/03 04:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

what is spawnmate? Now that their sites fucked I have to ask you guys....

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: brassinosteriods, in rape seed pollen [Re: simplemachine]
    #2197542 - 12/23/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2197711 - 12/23/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

what is your opinion on spawnmate anno?

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order