Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
New Dead Rumors
    #2194663 - 12/21/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

As you guys may or may not know, Philzone.com has a rumor page with information that usually ends up being fact. Here are some recently added rumors that some of you might be interested in hearing about:

Quote:

Dead Reincarnated?
The latest rumor - you've probably heard it already... We hear that it is supposedly from a reliable source - Rumors has it that Rob Barraco & Joan Orsborne will not be playing with The Dead after New Year's Eve. Furthermore, Warren Haynes will supposedly become a permanet member of the band. While we at Philzone.com find it hard to believe (and very sad) that Rob would be out of the band, sources insist the rumor is true. We hope to be able to confirm this for you, but chances are we won't know anything for a while as The Dead won't be playing for a while.

New Years - Chinese Style?
Rumors had it that The Dead would be doing a mini-tour this winter - possibly starting out in late January on the West Coast for a traditional Dead style Chinese New Year (the 1st day of the year of the monkey is January 22, 2004) with the boys moving Eastward thru February. It's a ways off still so we'll hafta wait & see but sounds like a good plan! If the above rumors are true, Warren is supposedly going to be busy through the Allman's March Madness run at the Beacon in NYC.

Next Summer - Just Say "Yes"?
The Yes website reports that "Talks for a joint tour next year are underway between the camps for Yes and the Dead... Nothing is confirmed and there are no additional details at this time." Ummm, okay... I guess...

I'd be pretty sad if Rob wasn't in the band anymore. I like what he adds and I think he has a great voice. I'm not that dissapointed to hear that Joan might not continue with them. Warren becoming a member is a good thing I think. A mini winter tour would be really nice. Hopefully they'll come near me. And that whole Yes thing just sounds pretty silly to me. I think Yes is talented and everything but I just think Yes and The Dead are two separate entities that don't belong together. Just my $.02.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2195086 - 12/22/03 03:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with you KC about Yes and the Dead. I don't like Yes at all . Thats alright though I have had to endure worse opening acts for the Dead(ie. Sting, Black Crowes for just a few), Doesn't matter to me though it'll just give me more time to socialize with old friends before the Dead come on. I prefer Dylan much more. At least its not Sting. It was torture coming into a GD show on a huge dose of acid and having to sit through a Sting set before the Dead came on. I actually like some of Stings tunes ,but in the Dead enviroment he was out of context and made things wierd. Wish I would have been around to see them in the 60's when they played with Miles Davis!! or the Airlplane or Janis.

I have never seen Yes live so mabye i'll be suprised and they get me off and i'll like them. In reality the only song by Yes I have ever heard that I can stand is Roudabout. Usually when they come on the radio I can't turn it off fast enough.
But hey if it get the Dead to come out and play and people like them more power to it. :smile:

I'm getting pretty anxious for the New Years shows. I got my plane tickets and tickets for both nights. Should be a good time. Lots of old family making it to Oakland this year. should be the best one since 94/95.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: chinacat72]
    #2195331 - 12/22/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Sucks to hear about Rob!

Joan did add something but im not sorry that she won't be returning.

I'm not happy about Warren though, I like him well enough and god knows he's great but I liked Phil and Friends better before Warren, and Well I just don't know.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#2195490 - 12/22/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Have fun at New Years Chinacat! I'd like to make it out there for a New Years Dead show. Maybe next year. What year did Sting open for the Dead? That sounds crazy.

Ripple I'm not sure if Warren being in the Dead would be good or not. I like his playing and I do like what he adds to Phil and Friends. I just don't know if he'll fit well in the Dead. Whatever, I'm really not that critical. I'm sure whatever the boys throw at us will be amazing.

--------------------

OfflineSickBoy80
Liver of life,who bows to noone but himself.
    #2195544 - 12/22/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have to agree that Joan did add something to the band. It reminded me of the 70's with Donna. Rob is a grea keyboardist and Ill be sorry to see him go, but if Warren is replacing Jimmy Herring then I wont be seeing as many shows. I really like Haynes, and I love Govt Mule, but Jimmy shreds and really reminds me of Jerry a lot in his playing style.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: SickBoy80]
    #2195593 - 12/22/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think that Jimmy Herring is leaving the band...least I hope not!

--------------------

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
    #2195597 - 12/22/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i think warren would add an interesting element to the dead...though we can't really judge until we hear their chemistry on stage. he's done a lot of calabarations, i think he'd adapt to the dead's style well. jerry is impossible to replace, but someone who can implement some of his uniqueness while bringing something of his own to the table would be ideal.

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
    #2195797 - 12/22/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Warren Haynes would ruin the dead with his guitar.

His sound in no way fits the dead's style/sound.

He can sing the fat mans tunes, but that is about it.

There is also no way in hell that he could realistically join the dead. He has Mule, ABB and PLQ to worry about already, and they are touring extensively this year.

Plus him and Bobby do not get along so well.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: Phoshaman]
    #2195803 - 12/22/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, that's what I think too!

I didn't know about him and Bobby though?

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2195807 - 12/22/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

.  What year did Sting open for the Dead? 

I think it was 92 or mabye  93. Hell i'll just say it was in the early 90's.
All those years seem to melt together anyway. :wink:
He opened for the about the whole tour. :tongue:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #2195809 - 12/22/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yes eh??
mehhh i dunno bout that :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2195836 - 12/22/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I believe it was 92 .....

Dylan was a perfect fit as an opening act!!!

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: notapillow]
    #2195844 - 12/22/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If yes plays it will just be more time to enjoy chilling with great people but with  funny back ground music :lol:

Offlineguru
I'm stillfinding out
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: notapillow]
    #2195845 - 12/22/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ive had a chance to see Yes a few years back and got to see the Dead on their tour this summer. From my experiences at both concerts i think they would complement eachother very well. It doesnt really seem like it if you just listen to their albums or have only seen one of the bands but based on theyre live performances id love to see them both at the same show. I dont think id like to see Warren Haynes with the dead though. Doesnt seem to mix

--------------------
Having an allergic reaction to life

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Dead Rumors [Re: guru]
    #2195859 - 12/22/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I did see Yes Back in the 70's and have always liked their music.

--------------------

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#2211796 - 12/31/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

More rumors:

Quote:

The newest rumor says Bruce Hornsby might be added to the lineup so maybe Jeff Chimenti would also be out?

Bonnaroo 2004 has been confirmed for June 11-13 at the same location as last year in Manchester, TN and once again The Dead are rumored to headline the festival on the last day. Rumor also has it that The Dead will play Red Rocks, CO for several nights - possibly a six night run in June! And rumors have it that The Dead and the Allman Bros Band will co-headline some shows in the Northwest sometime this Summer (cool!). Keep your fingers crossed & stay tuned for more. The Yes website had reports that "Talks for a joint tour next year are underway between the camps for Yes and the Dead... Nothing is confirmed and there are no additional details at this time." Ummm, okay... I guess... Yes has lined up tour dates for June in Europe, but the rest of the Summer is still open. We'll hafta wait & see what happens.

That would be pretty cool if Hornsby joined the band. Also, I'm happy to see Red Rocks being mentioned. A six night run?! *Drools*

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order