Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Love the morbidly obese people [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #21948292 - 07/15/15 04:44 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Genetics got you started and you just didn't fight or even try to help yourself.

same with your drug habits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: Love the morbidly obese people [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21948308 - 07/15/15 04:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
I still don't see genetics taking you so far that you can't walk anymore. Sure genetics might make it a total bitch to lose any weight, and they might make you hella overweight. But what i consider morbid obesity? Genetics got you started and you just didn't fight or even try to help yourself.

yeah, i don't know that much about genetic obesity so i won't offer any further comment aside from what i already have. but i would add that, as mentioned above, most obese people are not confined to their beds on the verge of death. you're talking about a very, very small minority.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #21948310 - 07/15/15 04:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I do believe that there are some out there who are victims of poor genetics and/or really weak metabolism

That said, the vast majority just don't have any willpower, and then you combine that with being lazy, and well, you have obesity

I love eating and could stuff my fucking face all motherfucking day if there were no consequences...but there are consequences, so I try my best to make good choices when I'm eating and I work out regularly

nothing against fat people at all, but I really don't want to be one of these 350 plus pound motherfuckers at the grocery store who wobble their way down the aisles like a penguin and are huffing for air like they just ran the Boston Marathon after making the walk from the grocery store front entrance sliding doors to their car in the parking lot

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

#21948983 - 07/15/15 07:17 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Genetics got you started and you just didn't fight or even try to help yourself.

same with your drug habits.

At least my drug habits haven't left me to the mercy of supermarkets providing me a hoverround anywhere i go. At least my drug habits dont have me requiring my family to push me around the supermaket once i get there.

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #21949057 - 07/15/15 07:38 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, at least, but you know....

Offlineqman
Stranger

#21949097 - 07/15/15 07:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Fat genetics and poor parenting are the main reasons how people end up being overweight early in life.  Once overweight as a child it becomes difficult to over come later in life. Some people just never develop sound eating and exercise habits.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #21949190 - 07/15/15 08:10 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
At least my drug habits haven't left me to the mercy of supermarkets providing me a hoverround anywhere i go. At least my drug habits dont have me requiring my family to push me around the supermaket once i get there.

yah they push you around hospitals instead :highfive:

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Love the morbidly obese people [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #21949262 - 07/15/15 08:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:

You sure I've been to a hospital?

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

#21949278 - 07/15/15 08:40 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

not everyone's obesity causes them to go to the hospital either. :shrug: i'm not defending an unhealthy lifestyle but i think hating fat people is quite frankly odd.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #21949352 - 07/15/15 09:01 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:

are you sure all fat people need pushed around?  i swear the IQ level on the shroomery goes down every day

--------------------

OfflineKronk
Kronk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Fucking morbidly obese people [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #21949397 - 07/15/15 09:13 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Blinded by hatred and ignorance. Sad.:sad:

--------------------
Feel the power...
...Oh, I can feel it

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

#21949498 - 07/15/15 09:43 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:

are you sure all fat people need pushed around?  i swear the IQ level on the shroomery goes down every day

No i don't, as ive said like ten fucking times in this thread. I have no problem with fat people. I have a problem with people who are to fat to walk, or use obesity as a handicap to take thw electronic carts at the front of the store.

God i swear the iq on the shroomery drops faster tham than pounds of a morbidly obese person.

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Love the morbidly obese people [Re: LuSiD enthusiast] * 1
    #21949504 - 07/15/15 09:45 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

and like i said alot of fat people arn't just fat, they have medical problems that CAUSED THEM TO BECOME MORBIDLY OBESE, dumbass.  So you are talking about normal fat people in the same dam light.  I swear the IQ on the shroomery drops faster every day

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

#21949594 - 07/15/15 10:05 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
and like i said alot of fat people arn't just fat, they have medical problems that CAUSED THEM TO BECOME MORBIDLY OBESE, dumbass.  So you are talking about normal fat people in the same dam light.  I swear the IQ on the shroomery drops faster every day

And lile i said before, genetics play a role, but isn't the cause. I find it hard to believe that someone with proper diet and exercise, still continually gains weight to the point they can't walk. Im done arguing in circles with you.

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

#21949620 - 07/15/15 10:12 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

It is literally just burning more calories then you consume, energy in, energy out. Fail to do that, you gain weight. Yes SOME people do have medical conditions, but none of those break the rule of calories in and calories out.
Metabolism differs, but research shows only by about 300 calories.

The fact of the matter is that people don't know what proper portion sizes are anymore, and are getting more and more sedentary.

Weight loss is simple. It's not necessarily easy, but the law of thermodynamics applies to everything, including this. People don't get fat on air.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #21949626 - 07/15/15 10:13 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

its in circles because you're to hard headed to listen.  Proper diet and exercise you CAN still gain weight, even then like i mentioned before........again, you are talking about PERFECT circumstances to lose weight, you are talking about doing shit that you yourself would never have the willpower or TIME to do.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Love the morbidly obese people [Re: makaveli8x8] * 1
    #21949636 - 07/15/15 10:17 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

your naturally skinny, and go to the gym to pick up chicks or gay dudes and think oh man those fat people they don't do this cuss they are lazy.  when your at the gym working out you're not even doing half the shit a fat person would have to do to lose weight.  you don't even realize being fat is working out, thats why they are tired all the time, they are lifting weights every single time they move.  thats why if you know anything about body building you would know fat people put on muscle super quick, its in that arnold workout book.

then with diet, you cheat all the fucking time and think your eating healthy, a diet that wouldn't make a fat person lose weight, you're a fucking retard.

i can't have 1 fucking cup of coffee a day without it preventing me from losing weight. Then i switched to every sunday and it still fucked it up.  you're a retard, period.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #21949651 - 07/15/15 10:22 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

But those of us who think being fat is morally wrong are referring to those who are fat because they over eat and eat shitty food excessively like donuts and cakes and pepsi and continue to do so even long after they begin getting fat, and refuse to exercise, and generally slide into obesity as a direct result of gluttony and sloth.

Obviously, if people get fat from factors totally beyond their control, then that is not morally wrong obviously, but if people get fat because they are greedy and eat too much food and refuse to exercise, that is morally wrong, although perhaps not severely.

But just because people do something immoral like getting morbidly obese doesn't mean I hate them. everyone does some morally bad things myself definitely included, and being morbidly obese doesn't make you evil or anything, it just makes you not as good a person as you would be if you were not morbidly obese, assuming that your obesity is the result of your own lifestyle choices and not some disease or condition beyond your control.

I believe the vast majority of obesity is the result of lifestyle choices and not diseases and conditions over which people have no control. In the majority of cases it is diet and exercise that is too blame, and those are things people can control.

In cases where children become obese, it is the parents who are doing something morally wrong, and in this case it is a pretty serious moral wrong, far worse then allowing yourself to become obese is making your children obese.

Obesity is not only a medical issue, it is also a lifestyle issue with moral implications.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Love the morbidly obese people [Re: Moonshoe]
    #21949660 - 07/15/15 10:24 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

but thats where my problem lies and why we are having this argument, the OP isn't making that distinction.  He sees a fat obiese person and immediately goes into fat shaming mode, and created this thread about it.

He's the problem with society, he infact has the mindset that creates all of our stupid laws as well, sticking his nose in other peoples buisness for no reason, discriminating, which forces politicians to listen to these retards and write laws so they shutup.

the OP clearly doesn't give a shit how or why a person becomes obese, he doesn't care about the individual story on how or why they ended up that way.

he prefers to put them all in a group, like gays, rapists, child molesters, blacks, ect, he's a discriminator against fat people

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (07/15/15 10:25 PM)

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

#21949661 - 07/15/15 10:25 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
its in circles because you're to hard headed to listen.  Proper diet and exercise you CAN still gain weight, even then like i mentioned before........again, you are talking about PERFECT circumstances to lose weight, you are talking about doing shit that you yourself would never have the willpower or TIME to do.

No. dude.

If you eat under you TDEE then you WILL lose weight. Did I say it was easy? No. Did I say there weren't problems with food and lifestyle that are ingrained in our society that go beyond the surface? No.

The LAW OF PHYSICS literally dictates that losing weight is calories in vs calories out. You're arguing with emotions, I'm arguing with the laws of nature.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order