Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Weirdest shit ive ever seen...
    #2194086 - 12/21/03 05:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well I knocked up 12 jars of a strain I've grown out many times in the past. I've never had something this fucking weird happen to me since I've never had a jar contaminate I dont know what to make of it.
The spots thwre I inoculated are a bright dark purple color. Shit looks like an easter color. The syringe I made I used 3 small prints to make it and it was purple from all the spores and since they were like almost dust I had purple water. Could this be the the reason? I really Wish I had a good digi cam to take a pic cuz this is some funky ass shit. Its been about 5 days since I did the jars and was expecting to find mycelium instead I find something that looks like it should be a new purple crayola crayon color. The weird thing is the purple wasnt there when I checked the jars the second day for growth. I'm wondering if I should just trash them and try another syringe or just let them sit for a few more days to see if the bright purple spreads. Has anyone had an experience with this before?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Weirdest shit ive ever seen... [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #2194167 - 12/21/03 06:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

see if it spreads over the next day...if it does i would just trash it.

--------------------

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Weirdest shit ive ever seen... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2194726 - 12/21/03 11:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Dude if you saw what it looks like ud be like what in the blue hell is this. It's like easter color purple. Like a pastel color not dark like i said above its just hard to describe a color with no digi camera. But has anyone seriously seen a fucking purple contamination b4? I'm just gonna let um go till xmas and if no mycelium shows I will trash them. But the thing that pisses me off is this is my favorite strain and I traded all the prints I had for other strains and only kept 3 small prints for myself and made 2 syringes out of them. So if it is a contam then the other syringe will do the same shit to me. The thing that baffles me is I've grown out this strain so many times and have never observed this before,that goes also for every strain I have grown. The only explanation I can find is spore soultion i innoculated them with was some what of a purple color, and maybe the substrate absorbed it. But I dont see why ti would show up 4 days later and not 2 days after I innoculated um. I'm fucking baffled. Maybe I'll get a purple mushroom cake beats da fuck outta me. Im going to go buy a digi camera after xmas if I have the money and if it is a contam I have to document this shit.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Weirdest shit ive ever seen... [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #2195309 - 12/22/03 10:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No, i'm sorry to tell you, but you should have no hope about those jars.
Toss them and restart. On the next batch, don't inoculate one of the jars and see if it gets the same color. If it doesn't, then most probably, the problem is your syringe.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Weirdest shit ive ever seen... [Re: MAIA]
    #2199875 - 12/24/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well its not spreading so i guess the substrate absorbed the purple spore soultion. And there is still no mycelium and usually I got growth after 2 days with this strain. O well fuck it they will get trashed when I feel like trashing um.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum