Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Plastic Drawers
    #2193040 - 12/20/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was thinking of upgrading my setup with by using plastic drawers instead of rubbermaid tubs.
I know I've seen some pictures of other peoples setups using these plastic drawers before.
For those who have tried using plastic drawers, and/or use them right now. What are some things I should watch out for? Some things I worry about is maybe there's slight or extreme variables froim the top drawers to the bottom. Like if your drawer set was 4 feet high, the top drawer would be 2 degrees or more warmer. And then theres the humidity factor. Would I put perlite in he drawers? But then I was thinking, that the casing its self could keep it at a safe RH since the drawers arent as big and vast as rubbermaid bins and terrariums. I think id spray if needed.
Let me know what you think k? Especialy those who have used these alread, or STILL use these. I really love the idea of the potential convenience of these things

Heres a picrture of what Im talking about. They come in all shapes and sizes, this is just an example to give you an idea about the product Im talking about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Plastic Drawers [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2193184 - 12/20/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It looks like as long as it's air tight enough, using it for casing would be great, they may not be tall enough for cakes but for casing it would be perfect.

--------------------

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Plastic Drawers [Re: Cloud9]
    #2193897 - 12/21/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, air tight enough, your right. .....It'll be sweet just having it slide out nicely....Im gonna try it out. Just as long as theres enough clearance for the fruiting....... :tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlinenihilist
another systemof control

Loc: USA
    #2194661 - 12/21/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i'd say that if you have troubles with air leaks, go to your local hardware store and get weatherstrip (the good kind, a lot better and not too much cheaper). i've never done what you plan on doing

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

#2194773 - 12/21/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

A friend of mine used to use the exact same setup w/ an ultra sonic hooked up to both top and bottom.... It worked great, although it wasn't completely airtight... Overall... he sold the setup and replaced it with good ol bins again... he felt that it just complicated things.... Just my .02

--------------------

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

#2194876 - 12/22/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The one time I tried a drawer system it just didn't work as well as my bin systems did.

Heres the problems I had.

1 Air leaks (damp floors or having to put plastic down because the cool mist is soaking the floor )Didn't think this was 2 cool.

2 My Mushies were out growing the drawers some would grow untill they broke from pushing on the tank above.

Heres one of the 3 systems I run.
You need one cool mist per dual tank setup

Note the cool mist isn't hooked up in this picture.
If space is a big deal you can also install internal lights on timers and stack the systems.
However it makes the once aday fanning more of a pain.

The pic in my avatar is the yeild off one of the bins. On average I was getting around 1/2- 1 lb dry per run off each dual setup.
Thats running 2-3 flushes.
Then I toss the rest outside into my pile and they usually give me a cool little surprise atleast once or twice during the warmer months.

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Edited by Chills420 version2 (12/22/03 12:42 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix