Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Rust possibly? ....Anyone....?
    #2192922 - 12/20/03 03:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Someone I know recently injected 6 grain jars with 2 different strains on a millett substrate. The first time he/she was not happy with the results after pc'ing, so the jars (metal lids and all) were used in the 2nd attempt. Happy with the consistency of the grain (which was soaked 18 hours prior to pcing) the jars cooled over night, and were then injected. After a week of growth all seemed well, then on the same day someone I know noticed that on the bottom of all of the jars there was a rust color that had formed. Each jar had 3 areas of the color (which to my friends knowledge has not spread nor gotten any bigger). Each jar also had 3 innoculation holes punched into them, leading my friend to believe that it could be rust that resulted from the lids being cooked twice, since each rusty colored area is supposedly near the innoculation hole. My friend did not notice any odd smell in the jar that she/he took out of the inncubation chameber, and it does not have the characteristics of baccauilus (sp). Does this rust theory seem plausible? Could it be something else. Sorry no pics.

BTW what is mushroom piss?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Rust possibly? ....Anyone....? [Re: keyeghost]
    #2193024 - 12/20/03 04:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, it's a common occurrence. When the lids get rusty, they drop the rust to the substrate, so your theory is probably correct. Don't worry too much about it but keep an eye on those spots and see how they evolve, as it could be something else.

Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum