Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSubmob
Freak of freaks

Loc: here
Cloning sclerotia?
    #2189197 - 12/18/03 11:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If one was trying to propagate a culture of p.tampanensis for maximum sclerotia formation would it be helpfull to try and clone a piece of actual sclerotia or would any mycelium work the same? Also, is there any way to get good growth from dry, small, kind of flimsy, and possibly contaminated stones?

--------------------
De Omnibus Dubitandum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Cloning sclerotia? [Re: Submob]
    #2191174 - 12/19/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Rehydrate in a solution of peroxide.

If the sclerotia all originated from a single tray grown fro0m a single isolate, then it doesn't matter if you use sclerotia, mycelium, or fruit to clone.

If the sclerotia originated from a multispore jar/bag, then clone a nice piece of sclerotia.

Fresh sclerotia is better then dried for trying to clone, but it is possible to get healthy mycelium out of the center of a rehydrated sclerotia that had some size to it.

Easy method is to rehydrate in the peroxide solution, and then place in toilet paper that has been soaked in peroxide solution also. Put this wrapped sclerotia in a plastic baggie in the refridge. It will slowly grow in storage, and you can clone the sclerotia when needed. It will also grow onto the toilet paper, and you can just clone that mycelium instead of messing with the sclerotia itself.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cloning sclerotia? [Re: ]
    #2191990 - 12/19/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Good info!

OfflineSubmob
Freak of freaks

Loc: here
Re: Cloning sclerotia? [Re: angryshroom]
    #2192492 - 12/20/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yes, thanx teonan. Would regular drug store h202 need to be diluted for the solution?

--------------------
De Omnibus Dubitandum

InvisibleYesItsMe
Homeless GOHOME !...
Loc: Working for Piss ;...
Re: Cloning sclerotia? [Re: Submob]
    #2192499 - 12/20/03 06:51 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ratio 1 h2o2 /100 water , i suppose !

--------------------
God save the Queen

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
    #2192595 - 12/20/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for the info....
I've been trying to grow philosopher stones with presterilized rye bags with no success. They are my absolute favorites.
Could you please provide me with a link on how to grow them from scratch, sterilizing my own rye in quart jars?
I've posted questions about this before and never received a response; even from the sponsor who I bought the bags from.
Thanks in advance.

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

Anonymous

Re: Cloning sclerotia? [Re: cyndyl]
    #2193422 - 12/20/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Works for me.

Ryegrass seed not rye grain.

1 cup rye grass seed to 1/2 cup water in 1 quart jar. I let them sit overnight, and then give them a good shake to mix the drier layers with the wetter layers. Sterilize in pressure cooker at 15 psi for 60-90 minutes. Cool overnight in cooker.

Inoculate jars of ryegrass seed with spore syringe or mycelium(clone). Place in a dark rubbermaid. After 2-3 months you can harvest sclerotia and case the rest in trays.

I cold shock after casing the tray of rye grass seed for 48 hours. Place in a fruiting chamber and fruit at cubensis parameters.

Cold shocking is not necessary, but it does give better pin sets(quantity).

You can also fruit them off of pasteurized straw inoculated with young, clean, colonized jars of ryegrass seed.

Mex A fruits well and produces sclerotia. Fruits produce spores.

My average is approx. 1 oz dry sclerotia per cup of ryegrass seed. Give or take about 10 grams.

If using spores to inoculate, I suggest using smaller volumes of ryegrass seed for more consistent colinization due to shakability of the substrate.

Never tried a bag so I don't know about that. Seems like you could mix the substrate easier in a bag, so Higher volumes of substrate can be used. Not sure how it effects yield in the sense of efficiency. How much weight does the bag yield per cup of substrate?

There are lots of threads on MEXICANA, TAMPANENSIS on the shroomery. Just search.

For straw culture, search Mexicana Jalisco on straw. There is a really good recent thread showing the size and yield you can get on shallow layers of straw.

Anonymous

#2193437 - 12/20/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Warning:

Dried fruitbodies are at least 3-4 times more potent then dried sclerotia.

Eat fruitbodies with caution!!!

Same goes for tampanensis.
Tampanensis yields less sclerotia then mexicana, but it is slightly more potent.

Anonymous

#2193449 - 12/20/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Peroxide use.

As a surface sterilizer you can go a tad bit higher in concentration. 1-3 ml per 100 ml of water is safe. (3% peroxide from the store).

when storing in toilet paper, just squeeze out excess water and place in a baggie. Store in refridge.

I actually had fruits form from the sclerotia in storage before. Mostly it will just stay intact, and some mycelium will grow into the toilet paper.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2193460 - 12/20/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

give better pin sets(quantity).
Quote:

scelorita is fine!!

Quote:

Dried fruitbodies are at least 3-4 times more potent then dried sclerotia. 
Quote:

Yeah, but fruit bodies are fucking hard to produce with most strains. Just go for an edible substrate, and scelorita is fine.

Quote:

1-3 ml per 100 ml of water is safe. (3% peroxide from the store).

absolutely. Peroxide is good . Good luck.

p.s for the purposes of this post the Odiumjunkie is fucked. Ignore everything he has to say :grin:. Good luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale