Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time)
    #2192038 - 12/20/03 01:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Just finished cutting up and peeling the San Pedro, 4 hours after I started. Man my fingers, expectially thumb and index, hurt like hell.

Very excited, only 10 hours until dosing. I'm in a real positive mindset surprisingly...probably because this hellish semester is finally over and I am going to make next semester so much better.

I'm going to dose at 8am, eat half of it, if things go well finish an hour later and then a friend is driving me and my friend who is tripping with me to the local botanical gardens....man I can't wait. There is one room full of plants that eat other insects, incredibly awesome sober, can't imagine it on any psychadelic. Also a room with thousands of different, really cool cacti. Maybe after eating hte san pedro I'll more deeply appreciate these cacti. :smile:

Anyway I'm very excited, I'll post again when I dose and wehn I come back and when I get back from gardens.

Peace all!

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: jong21]
    #2192060 - 12/20/03 01:32 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a great time! Carnivorous plants are quite amazing, indeed. Have fun!

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: daywalker]
    #2192065 - 12/20/03 01:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, the first time I stepped into that room the first thought I had was "I need to come back on something".

I'll bring my digi cam and take pics for you all. :smile:

:grin:

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2192268 - 12/20/03 04:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Have fun :laugh:

Nature is awesome on the cactus

Try to spend some time journeying outside too

And let yourself be healed

:laugh:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2192728 - 12/20/03 12:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Disgusting!

Eating cactus chips as I type, quite excited, I'll be back!

--------------------

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2192858 - 12/20/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

coming up, stuff is wierd, I feel cold...ugh my stomach sucks, but yeah I'll be back

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2192875 - 12/20/03 03:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

it's going to be very nice in a while, have fun!

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: stefan]
    #2193211 - 12/20/03 06:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

wow!

just back from walking around uc berkeley campus with it drizzing rain and absolutely no one on campus and it was amazing.

My monitor looks like a portal. My desk is slanted.

this screen is amazing.

It is great to be on this side again. If only I could go back to nature but it was cold and I needed to look after the body nature itself has given to me, but I appreciate you so much more I can't explain, after speaking to you and your creatures....yeah that bush by that building, we talked for a while....

I can't figure out this machine created from society so apart from nautre yet still so dependent on it.

This trip is amazing my hands are typing my thoughts and I can't feel my fingers hitting the keys or barely can yet my thoughts are appearing on the screen...

oh yeah I'm trying ti share my experience with all of you...i'm going to listen to some music and think about nature, whileI extract energy from nature to keep myself warm

nature I appreciate you more than ever I want you to know

--------------------

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2193244 - 12/20/03 06:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've regained my focus in life

--------------------

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2193276 - 12/20/03 06:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

the san pedro is a very peaceful cactus

I took picutres of myu journey, I will share them later, the keyboard is moving away from my hands.

the sun comes out from behind the clouds

one of the most significant moments is the instant, when you are walking down the street and for a change decide to acknowledge someone else you don't know in passing, when you look into their eyes the realization that that look is the intersection of two lives, each to then go on their own paths through life, what is the meaning of that one moment of intersection?
???

??????????????????

--------------------

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2193281 - 12/20/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

is there anyone out there? I feel alone but at the same time not

--------------------

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2193393 - 12/20/03 08:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm here. How would compare this journey to mushrooms? It seems a lot more intense.

How much of the other side have you seen?

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: Stymee]
    #2193428 - 12/20/03 08:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I can't talk long only returned to my room to get water.

but I am beginning to cross back over.

much less intense than mushrooms but at the same time much much much much more.

San pedro is a gentle cactus, the fungus can be quite violent, it is its nature you can't blame it. But there is definitely a difference, the peacefulness....

OK back into another wave, this trip has lasted what seems an eternity and the screen is dissolving away again...

--------------------

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2193625 - 12/20/03 11:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

PHEW...ok I think finally I'm back for good...

I am left with a wierd taste in my mouth, and a desire to sleep, with lots and lots left on my mind to think about.

If anyone is interested I am going to write up a report tomorrow, there is much to say

--------------------

OfflineWhiteh
Even Stranger..

#2193789 - 12/21/03 08:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Looking forward to the report :smile:

--------------------
"Too low to find my way, too high to wonder why" - Thievery Corporation

Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
    #2193850 - 12/21/03 01:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

one of the most significant moments is the instant, when you are walking down the street and for a change decide to acknowledge someone else you don't know in passing, when you look into their eyes the realization that that look is the intersection of two lives, each to then go on their own paths through life, what is the meaning of that one moment of intersection?

^^I love this paragraph.^^

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: Whiteh]
    #2193869 - 12/21/03 03:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So I slept in a bit, my friend and I began eating the dried cactus cuttings around 9:45am. By 10:30 he puked them up, leaving me to trip alone. 2 hours of battling to keep that cactus in my stomach, and it sucked, but after 2 hours I noticed stuff starting to move, and began to feel myself fading into a dream. The comeup was so gentle compared to shrooms.

Finally I was feeling well enough to get up and walk around, so I got some guys to walk with me around the absolutely deserted uc berkeley campus. It was raining very lightly, giving a wonderfully eerie yet calm atmosphere. We journeyed around the campus, finding some beautiful and secluded spots. After about an hour I became aware that I was the only one tripping and thought that was a little wierd, and asked everyone if I could be alone and journey home alone. They were fine with it, it had been 3.5 horus since I ate it and I wasn't tripping too hard.

So over the next 2 hours I journeyed home, about a 1 mile walk, I returned to civilization to get nourishment (doritos and pepsi) then back to the deserted campus. I seemed to speak to one bush, it was moving back and forth like it was almost trying to wave at me. The bark in a redwood tree morphed into a comical/cynical face. There was so much. I felt so at peace, in a dream.

I didn't want to go home at all, I want to stay among the trees. But it started raining harder, and I was getting wet and cold. So reluctantly made my way home. Was able to stop by a street fair at telegraph avenue, and that was quite a site too. Walking alone was something I won't forget and something I want to do again as long as it isn't too crowded and I'm not tripping too hard.

I came home and chilled w/ ppl and listened to music, nothing much interesting to report after that. But the trip was amazing, it did seem to heal my broken spirit in a sense, and reconnect it with the nature it came from. When I was surrounded by plants and trees, I was completely alone yet I felt not alone at all. I only felt alone once I stepped back onto the street. I formed a deep appreciation for life and nature.

My mescaline experience was great but I can't say I like it or mushrooms better...they are so similar yet so different. THe visuals are similar...although I thought a bit better on mescaline. mescaline was very peaceful and long, mushrooms are more of a roller coaster ride, both experiences good for different reasons. All in all I am glad I've had the chance to experience it and hope to again, although I'm going to look for a better way of ingesting it. Eating the dried cactus was horrible and my stomach didn't like it.

I took some pictures which I may post later, but I am at work and don't have them now.

--------------------

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Preparing to embark on Mescaline (first time) [Re: daywalker]
    #2193873 - 12/21/03 03:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

daywalker...I remember while walking around the campus I passed this one guy and we acknowledged each other and I remember looking at him and thinking he looked troubled....he was all alone on campus as I was, what could he be doing there this close to xmas. then I realized I'd never know, and all I had to go off of was my one look at him. I guess that was the point in time when our lives were meant to cross in a way, although I don't believe in fate I believe in finding meaning in things like this. I'm not the type of person who believe there is no meaning in life, I believe the opposite. I just struggle to figure out the actual meaning. :P

--------------------

Offlinejdogg172
Shroomitarian

#2194147 - 12/21/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hey where did you get the cacti, i wanna try this

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2194480 - 12/21/03 09:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jong21 said:
San pedro is a gentle cactus, the fungus can be quite violent

i definatly agree

glad to hear you had a good meaningful experience with the cactus :smile:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports