Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Mushrooms for cancer?
    #3709758 - 01/31/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Are there any medicinal mushrooms or any edible mushroom that you can grow to help with cancer? In any aspect...like increase in appetite, help with pain from the medicine?? any aspect at all...any help..

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushrooms for cancer? [Re: Taskenti]
    #3709903 - 01/31/05 08:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i dont know what it is but my ex lady a long time ago had a cyst or something on her uterus and her ex hippie mom read something about this mushroomm juice to drink. I wasnt into mycology back then but i remember her mom got this chuck of mycelium and they made a broth out of apple juice. The set the mycel in there and my ex lady drank the juice every day. The cyst went away on its own. The doctors were stoked on it. I have no info on this now because she was crazy and i will never talk to here again. I am sure you could find it in a search

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3710427 - 01/31/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Grifola frondosa, Hen of the woods is
considered the best right now.
It's supposed to not only inhibit cancer, but work
well together with other cancer fighting drugs.

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Mushrooms for cancer? [Re: falcon]
    #3710786 - 01/31/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

reishi is supposed to fight cancer

Invisiblebooknik
King's Kid
 User Gallery
Loc: In The Stacks
Re: Mushrooms for cancer? [Re: Cosm]
    #3711362 - 02/01/05 12:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Of the commonly known mushrooms Shitake, Reshi and Maitake seem to be the most consistently used for the treatment of cancer. Grifolan an extract/isolate from the Maitake has received considerable attention from practitioners. Flammulin an extract/isolate from the Enoki has now come to light. Vitamin C is used with these edibles and has the effect of potentiating the benefits of the mushroom.

It seems most of the edibles also have very therapeutic medicinal qualities. :thumbup:

Another very beneficial fungus, the Cordycep, received world wide recognition in the 82? Olympics. The Chinese women's track team consistently improved their best recorded times day after day all credited to their use of the Cordycep (Cordyceps sinensis) mushroom.

Check out this pdf file:
http://www.rirdc.gov.au/reports/AFO/04-024.pdf
Information on the medicinal aspects of Maitake begin on p. 6 :smirk:

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #3712803 - 02/01/05 10:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There is also Trametes versicolor...

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Mushrooms for cancer? [Re: ATWAR]
    #3712823 - 02/01/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How easy are spores of these strains obtained? and what about growing, how easy are most of them? Do any of you have experience growing any of these?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#3713507 - 02/01/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

How easy are spores of these strains obtained?

You mean species..
Spores are not commonly available for most edibles. There are spore banks where you can obtain spores if you MUST use spores, but I would recommend a culture instead. SporeWorks has many of these edibles in culture syringe form. Other Shroomery members will have cultures or wedges, so it is possible that you could set up a trade...

Quote:

and what about growing, how easy are most of them?

Most of them should be fairly easy to grow for someone that understands indoor cultivation techniques. Maitake or Grifola frondosa is probably the only one that would be difficult to fruit due to lower temperature requirements. Shitake, Reishi, and Trametes versicolor are good choices for indoor cultivation, and should provide little difficulty. However, Trametes versicolor is not a species that is readily available, so you may have difficulty in obtaining a culture. If you are unable to find this species, PM me and perhaps we can work something out...

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3731603 - 02/04/05 04:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Atwar...Do you have any links protaining to how to grow any of those species?...

And my more important Q...Why is it that it's better to start from a culture than spores...I thought that spores from agar were best...Well...To help...isolate the strain...Don't remeber exactly what that does, but heard it was best, care to school me? :smirk:.
PM me some info., links or anything else is :thumbup: Appreciated...
Thankx....

-Gnostic

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Re: Mushrooms for cancer? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3731797 - 02/04/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
Hey Atwar...Do you have any links protaining to how to grow any of those species?...

No, I do not have any links. But, all of those species are covered in Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms by Paul Stamets.

Quote:

And my more important Q...Why is it that it's better to start from a culture than spores...I thought that spores from agar were best...Well...To help...isolate the strain...Don't remeber exactly what that does, but heard it was best, care to school me?

Because when you start from a culture, the isolation work has already been done for you.  :wink:

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinered914
Minion
Loc: Utah
    #3745436 - 02/07/05 12:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nine years ago, I did the "cure" for a non-hodg. lymphoma. I still remember the feeling of those times and will answer any questions you have from a first hand view.
I was treated with Cytoxin, Adriamyacin and Vencristen (spelling optional) or Chop for short. They use about 2 liters per dose. This stuff attacks all fast growing cells (including cancer!), most of all your stomach lining and fingernails, hair fell out in 48 hrs. The attack on the stomach is the loss of appetite, but taking Zofran helps with that. They also shot out the ammune system with huge doses of Prednazone. Because of that, you have to be extreamly careful around molds, spores and bacteria, a cold will kill you. The idea of the treatment is you get one good shot at getting the cancer, so they hit you with everything just short of killing you for the treatment period. The first treatment "erased" a lump the size of a baseball in 48 hrs. in my case. The rest was cake after that. The faster the cancer grows, the better the chance of getting it. Not smoking raises your chances by over 50%. If you already have cancer, I recommend finding a doctor who REALLY knows what they are doing. I lucked out and got one of the best as far as cure rate in the world because I live in the "down winder" area of Utah. I suspect that chemicals in mushrooms, to be effective, would have to be concentrated quite a bit and get a lot of it to work in the short term. This is one area where you can't guess as you are trying to kill part of your cells and leave the rest. It can be beat!!

Offlineronalddavid
Stranger
    #21913284 - 07/08/15 02:34 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yes Chaga Mushroom is the best herbal medicine for cancer treatment. Because my friend Dan used this Chaga mushroom as medicine for prevention of cancer from Buy Tincture.com and it was really beneficial.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag